BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

30 minutes ago, JHRover said:

One glance at the Facebook and Twitter replies to these signings is enough to want me to question my own sanity.

I am so grateful that at least on here there are people of sound mind.

Since our current financial position appears to be similar to that of Oyston's Blackpool and we are now operating a model requiring a departure before an incoming can be approved letting Garrett go out on loan is a sensible move.

Sensible in the scheme of things because one look at the squad demonstrates we do not have the required depth to be loaning people out. But better than selling off an established player again.

Operating a model that needs wholesale departures to cover running costs then use the little left over for replacement signings on lower wages and virtually no fees.

But yeah Eustace and Venkys are now building something special i actually read today from some lunatic.

I'd say Eustace is doing well to just cobble a squad together on peanuts that might keep its head above water before it's decimated further.

I'm over the moon we are signing players and intrigued at a couple of them but for gods sake people lets stay in the realms of reality.  We are in for a slog and most of what happens this season will rely on Eustace tactics and grinding out clean sheets again. 

The two 'marquee' signings so far have never kicked a ball in British football and haven't played at a level above maybe the Scottish second tier.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, islander200 said:

That's if it is Bristol Rovers Garrett going too.

O'Rourke has been wrong loads this summer 

Yesterday evening he tweeted that Steve Bruce will be the new Jamaica head coach an hour later McClaren was appointed 

Random fact of the day. Pete is a coach of a grassroots team in our league here in Yorkshire. Can get a bit excited 😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

You must have hated Nicky Reid, Kevin Moran, Tony Gale, Gordon Cowans etc

Well aside from the fact Nicky Reid was 27 when he joined us, Tony gale played 15 games for us ….

No I am not happy selling 30 million pounds worth of players just to bring in players no others clubs wanted who are clearly at the decline of their career

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

The glass will always be half full for some on here, two weeks ago complaints of no signings, we make signings more friggin complaining. give it a chance eh.

Is this you Steve?

Is this satire?

After all we do have this guy as CEO... 

David_Brent.jpg

• Like 8

We need bodies in so think McFadz and Batth makes sense. Between the two of them they'll probably feature a total of 46 or more times, meaning we'll have a proper defender/leader on the pitch in every match. I'm just happy we're making signings, but hope we can spend 'big' on one or two before the window shuts. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The two 'marquee' signings so far have never kicked a ball in British football and haven't played at a level above maybe the Scottish second tier.

Gueye has spent the past 4 years (barring one season on loan in the Spanish 2nd tier which looks like it was a failure) playing, and scoring in the top tier of Belgium which is a step above the Championship and top tier in Scotland (never mind the Scottish 2nd tier)

The Japanese League is also on a rough par with Scotland's top tier  (n terms of quality if not style)

I am not trying to big up our window, the other signings so far are uninspiring at best, and I expect more sales and cost cutting over the next month.  But that particular statement (highlighted in bold) is just false

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Well aside from the fact Nicky Reid was 27 when he joined us, Tony gale played 15 games for us ….

No I am not happy selling 30 million pounds worth of players just to bring in players no others clubs wanted who are clearly at the decline of their career

Nowt to do with if the likes of Batth will be good for Rovers. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tomphil said:

the belgian juliper is definately on a par with the champiionship,big mak should easily make the transition,if he can score 11 goals in a struggling team he should be ok here

i am concerned yushi might struggle the japanese j league is about as different to the championship as you can get

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I'd love to be in the JDT / Broughton group chat.

The bloke they wanted last year, and were told no because he's too old, is now in. Genuinely an absolute joke.

For the sake of accuracy, they weren't told no because he was too old, they were told no because they wouldn't sign off on a two year deal.

So what we've done instead is taken on just the second year of that deal, when the player has degraded further and stands more chance of suddenly becoming a liability. Genius.

He had better be on much smaller terms than he was offered last year or it's just madness.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

the belgian juliper is definately on a par with the champiionship,big mak should easily make the transition,if he can score 11 goals in a struggling team he should be ok here

i am concerned yushi might struggle the japanese j league is about as different to the championship as you can get

Yeah that's a general feeling. Risky signing but with the cash we don't have we either stick with the squad that lacks in many areas or take on signings that could make that difference.

29 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The Japanese top league and top Belgian league are both superior to the Scottish second tier, which is virtually pub football 

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

JE is building a squad to avoid relegation, or "compete" as he put it.

Considering the financial constraints that makes complete sense to me.  As he said in a recent interview he's spent 20 years in this division (which is an admission), so he should know what needs to be done.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EgyptianPete said:

The glass will always be half full for some on here, two weeks ago complaints of no signings, we make signings more friggin complaining. give it a chance eh.

Amen!!! 

The team is improved; how much, we don’t know yet. But, at the very least, let’s give ‘em a chance! 

Welcome aboard, Batth! 

Edited by WacoRover