BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

9 hours ago, Gamst said:

Given our current financial plight, we invested a fair bit in Connor. I’m assuming the plan is to loan him to L1 having brought in some experienced centre backs. Would be the best thing for his development. 

We will need 5 centre backs this season. We will switch to back 3 at times. Also Connor is one who will play his part this season

7 hours ago, islander200 said:

Elliot saying no fee has been agreed for Szmodic yet 

If there truly is some sort of gentleman's agreement allowing him to leave I can't understand why a deal hasn't been done already.

Cos Ipswich aren't willing to pay the fee we want. 

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

In the LT today, Elliott Jackson mentioned us targeting a goalkeeper, a winger and a replacement for Szmodics. That cant be the only recruitment we do, would leave us even shorter than last season.

Also he thinks we are done at CB. Leaves us very imbalanced with no left footer.

With Garrett going on loan, we will need a centre midfielder signing, Deffo still need first choice keeper, pacey winger, left back and replacement for Szmodics. 

2 minutes ago, neophox said:

Will we play 3-4-3 coming season?

no 4-2-3-1 formation but when we have the ball Pickering stay back and Brittain move forward to provide the width from the right and JRC moves inside to the 10 role. With Dolan provides the width from the left

I see this season being much like the 2nd half of last season .. when we didn’t have Travis … when we were crying out for a player like Travis 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

no 4-2-3-1 formation but when we have the ball Pickering stay back and Brittain move forward to provide the width from the right and JRC moves inside to the 10 role. With Dolan provides the width from the left

Nice one, Josè

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Ah the modern day myth - the need for a left footed CB. Pep has a lot to answer for.

If we play a back 4 all season, then its fine without. But if we play a back 3 we need one and McFadzean can only play in a back 3.

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We will need 5 centre backs this season. We will switch to back 3 at times. Also Connor is one who will play his part this season

Cos Ipswich aren't willing to pay the fee we want. 

With Garrett going on loan, we will need a centre midfielder signing, Deffo still need first choice keeper, pacey winger, left back and replacement for Szmodics. 

Who will play on the left of a back 3?

We need more than that in my opinion. Our squad was far too small last season and has only shrunk.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AJW said:

I see this season being much like the 2nd half of last season .. when we didn’t have Travis … when we were crying out for a player like Travis 

But we do have Travis. So why is it like that?

Are you referring to another position?

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Cheillini and Alaba are 2 off the top of my head 

Yeah Chiellini  ..isn’t Alaba more a left back … Maldini was left back too  ,

What is a realistic figure for Travis.

I would be reluctant to let him leave as the turnover of players could be too much. 
But he is very limited as a player. We can have all the talent in the world up front but Tronstad and Travis can’t move the ball forward. 3.5+ and I would think it’s accepted. 

3 minutes ago, AJW said:

Yeah Chiellini  ..isn’t Alaba more a left back … Maldini was left back too  ,

Alaba has played a lot at centre back in recent years 

Costacurta was another left footed centre back who was excellent ,Walter Samuel wasn't bad either

I'm struggling to think of an English left footed centre back that was top level tho 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RoryRoversIreland said:

I would be reluctant to let him leave as the turnover of players could be too much. 
But he is very limited as a player. We can have all the talent in the world up front but Tronstad and Travis can’t move the ball forward. 3.5+ and I would think it’s accepted. 

I would be amazed If they got half of that for him.

£1M + add on's and Waggott etc would snap peoples hands off (partially to get a fairly high earner off the books).  Why would a club pay £3.5M for a player who cant move the ball forwards? (your own words)

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Amen!!! 

The team is improved; how much, we don’t know yet. But, at the very least, let’s give ‘em a chance! 

Welcome aboard, Batth! 

Not having a go, just genuinely interested... 

How do you come to this conclusion? 

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Alaba has played a lot at centre back in recent years 

Costacurta was another left footed centre back who was excellent ,Walter Samuel wasn't bad either

I'm struggling to think of an English left footed centre back that was top level tho 

Give it a few years and maybe Branthwaite will be

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RoryRoversIreland said:

i think he`s a liability and if we have someone else lined up(not fleck!!),offload him,can`t see us getting much more than a million for him tbh

my pne work colleage  is very frustrated at their transfer window,they don`t look like signing anyone who will push them up towards the play off zone,they are the same odds as us to go down at 4/1🙂,though a few more additions for us and we should be safe,id`e love us to sign their former demigod liam miller,it would make them cry,failing that i can`t see why we ar`nt looking at josh bowler,he is`nt going to many games at forest