BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i think he`s a liability and if we have someone else lined up(not fleck!!),offload him,can`t see us getting much more than a million for him tbh

my pne work colleage  is very frustrated at their transfer window,they don`t look like signing anyone who will push them up towards the play off zone,they are the same odds as us to go down at 4/1🙂,though a few more additions for us and we should be safe,id`e love us to sign their former demigod liam miller,it would make them cry,failing that i can`t see why we ar`nt looking at josh bowler,he is`nt going to many games at forest

The Hull supporters are quite fed up too. 

The 33-year-old today became Rovers’ fifth signing of the summer, joining on a one-year deal through to June 2025.

Assuming Mafoumbi is included in that five, they're sending quite a lot of mixed messages about whether he is a signing for the first team or U21s

Edited by danger19_80

1 minute ago, wilsdenrover said:

De Boer

Costacurta 

i could`n give a toss what foot my centre half uses,as long as he can head a football,tackle and hold a straight line thats what matters,once they start thinking they can play football thats when you have problems😀

• Like 1

I do feel a lot happier with the signings, especially the unknown ones- the element of surprise is always exciting.

We definitely need pace on the wings and a new gk- so let’s see what we look like next week.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Alaba has played a lot at centre back in recent years 

Costacurta was another left footed centre back who was excellent ,Walter Samuel wasn't bad either

I'm struggling to think of an English left footed centre back that was top level tho 

Was Terry Butcher left footed?

1 hour ago, KentExile said:

Gueye has spent the past 4 years (barring one season on loan in the Spanish 2nd tier which looks like it was a failure) playing, and scoring in the top tier of Belgium which is a step above the Championship and top tier in Scotland (never mind the Scottish 2nd tier)

The Japanese League is also on a rough par with Scotland's top tier  (n terms of quality if not style)

I am not trying to big up our window, the other signings so far are uninspiring at best, and I expect more sales and cost cutting over the next month.  But that particular statement (highlighted in bold) is just false

It's subjective not false that's just your own opinion,

53 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

no 4-2-3-1 formation but when we have the ball Pickering stay back and Brittain move forward to provide the width from the right and JRC moves inside to the 10 role. With Dolan provides the width from the left

If I had a tenner for every time Chaddy has come out with this since the Accie match then I'd be able to buy Rovers myself!  We get it Chaddy!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

The Japanese top league and top Belgian league are both superior to the Scottish second tier, which is virtually pub football 

The J league is sheeite and the Belgium top league is weak barring maybe half a dozen clubs their national side is pretty average.

This is why we are able to get these players for very little money because coming to a Championship club that is on its arse and just avoided relegation to the third tier last season is a big step up.

Doesn't mean these lads won't do well it remains to be sen but we need to remain realistic.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mercer said:

If I had a tenner for every time Chaddy has come out with this since the Accie match then I'd be able to buy Rovers myself!  We get it Chaddy!

Woah, If I had a tenner for every time you mention a tipping point I could have bought Man City. 

I see Szmodics is still here and no agreement yet. 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

49 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Who will play on the left of a back 3?

I guess its depends who the 3 is. As a guess Hyam. My prefer would have been left footed centre back either perm or loan. 

49 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We need more than that in my opinion. Our squad was far too small last season and has only shrunk.

lets look at the squad 

Keeper - Pears, Hilton, New Signing

Right back - Brittain, Duru 

Centre back - Hyam, Carter, O'Riordan, Batth, McFadzean 

Left back - Pickering, New Signing 

Centre midfielder - Travis, Tronstad, Buckley, New Signing

RW - Hedges, JRC, Markanday

Number 10 - Szmodics, Sigurdsson, Weimann 

LW - Dolan, New Signing

Striker - Gueye, Yuki, Leonard, Vale, Tyjon

So for me, we need 4 signings, maybe 5 if Szmodics leaves. Plus is Sigurdsson going or leaving  

18 minutes ago, tomphil said:

It's subjective not false that's just your own opinion,

In fairness, UEFA do agree with me with regards Belgium Pro League being several levels ahead of the Scottish Premier League.  Coefficients based on the performance of their respective clubs in Europe

https://www.uefa.com/nationalassociations/uefarankings/country/?year=2025

I will grant you that my comparison between the J League and the Scottish Premier is more subjective

Edited by KentExile

4 minutes ago, KentExile said:

In fairness, UEFA do agree with me with regards Belgium Pro League being several levels ahead of the Scottish Premier League.  Coefficients based on the performance of their respective clubs in Europe

https://www.uefa.com/nationalassociations/uefarankings/country/?year=2025

I will grant you that my comparison between the J League and the Scottish Premier is more subjective

It's no different to the Scottish Prem in reality a few big clubs (just more than two) carry the league and i'd stake a fiver Chris Brown would score against some of them that make up the numbers.

27 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The J league is sheeite and the Belgium top league is weak barring maybe half a dozen clubs their national side is pretty average.

This is why we are able to get these players for very little money because coming to a Championship club that is on its arse and just avoided relegation to the third tier last season is a big step up.

Doesn't mean these lads won't do well it remains to be sen but we need to remain realistic.

Many players lately quite influential in the premier league from both Belgium and Japan. 

For comparison Batschuaiy had comparable goalscoring stats to Gueye in Jupiler League. Worth mentioning that Gueye played for a relegated team. 

Mitoma had a similar record to Ohashi in J-League. 

Edited by alexanders
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, tomphil said:

It's no different to the Scottish Prem in reality a few big clubs (just more than two) carry the league and i'd stake a fiver Chris Brown would score against some of them that make up the numbers.

You were not originally comparing the Belgium League with the Scottish Prem though, you originally said the Belgium top tier was no better than the Scottish 2nd tier

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, alexanders said:

Many players lately quite influential in the premier league from both Belgium and Japan. 

You could apply that to many many other countries also and that wasn't the debate in the first place.

A good player is a good whether they come from the Isle of White or Timbuktoo

3 minutes ago, KentExile said:

I am leaving this after this comment

You were not originally comparing the Belgium League with the Scottish Prem though, you originally said the Belgium top tier was no better than the Scottish 2nd tier

Ok half of it then but carry on and take your dummy home with you, i might have been being melodramatic football debates often are but you've trumped it now.

Jog on.