BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

This team has been crying out for experience, happy with the signings as squad players for the season.

Hopefully we can add some more quality to the squad towards the end of the window.

• Like 2

Weimann is a good signing. Very versatile, 338 championship games, captain, rarely misses a game and that 21/22 season where he scored 22 and assisted 10. He will end up playing more games than he misses this season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

The J league is sheeite and the Belgium top league is weak barring maybe half a dozen clubs their national side is pretty average.

This is why we are able to get these players for very little money because coming to a Championship club that is on its arse and just avoided relegation to the third tier last season is a big step up.

Doesn't mean these lads won't do well it remains to be sen but we need to remain realistic.

I didn't say they were good leagues, or that they're good signings, I said they're stronger leagues than the Scottish second tier, which you said they weren't.

• Like 1

As long as hes not a direct Szmodics replacement and brought in as a squad player. Im happy with the Weimann signing. He adds a goal threat, he is versatile and he gives us more depth.

I think we now need to focus on getting some pace and energy into the side, brought in lots of older heads with experience.

Fair play to @unsall amidst a clutch of embarassing attention seekers that come out at this time of year. He got this bang on.

• Like 7

I’ve always liked Weimann so really chuffed with that signing. Plenty of experience now which we have been crying out for! Should be fit having been at the Euros with Austria. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

As long as hes not a direct Szmodics replacement and brought in as a squad player. Im happy with the Weimann signing. He adds a goal threat, he is versatile and he gives us more depth.

I think we now need to focus on getting some pace and energy into the side, brought in lots of older heads with experience.

Fair play to @unsall amidst a clutch of embarassing attention seekers that come out at this time of year. He got this bang on.

The pacey players will most likely come from the loan market which will become more active in general over the next few weeks, just hope we get better loans than we did last season who can have more of an impact 

It won't happen but when Szmodic goes we should really be investing a few million on an number 10 or attacker with pedigree in this league 

Edited by islander200
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I guess its depends who the 3 is. As a guess Hyam. My prefer would have been left footed centre back either perm or loan. 

lets look at the squad 

Keeper - Pears, Hilton, New Signing

Right back - Brittain, Duru 

Centre back - Hyam, Carter, O'Riordan, Batth, McFadzean 

Left back - Pickering, New Signing 

Centre midfielder - Travis, Tronstad, Buckley, New Signing

RW - Hedges, JRC, Markanday

Number 10 - Szmodics, Sigurdsson, Weimann 

LW - Dolan, New Signing

Striker - Gueye, Yuki, Leonard, Vale, Tyjon

So for me, we need 4 signings, maybe 5 if Szmodics leaves. Plus is Sigurdsson going or leaving  

I wasnt included Weimann as he hadnt signed but has now.  But I dont think you are far wrong. Looking at your list, some of the players are either not up to it or total novices. Id strike Markanday, Vale and Hilton off. Leonard has an injury and I think he perhaps could do with a loan, not quite ready. Tyjon is 16, not ready. Duru, totally unproven. Both of them would be bonuses if they emerge. And I dont rate Sigurdsson either.

Definitely need a keeper, agreed. Left back, agreed. Left winger, agreed. Central midfielder, agreed. Replacement for Szmodics, agreed. I just think we could do with one or two extra on top because its a long season. Probably a right back and a second winger on top, we could do with a couple of pacy players rather than just 1.

Its all about the quality of players that we bring in now. The sensible thing would be to spend a big chunk of the Szmodics money on maybe a keeper, winger, Szmodics replacement and midfielder and then get a few loans on top. I fear the Szmodics money wont be made available however.

Edited by roversfan99

2 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

This team is potentially only 3-4 more quality signings/loans (GK, LB, LW/RW) AND Szmodics staying away from maybe not being the relegation fodder I still expect.

That's about as positive as I can be.

Would think rb cover and a midfield loan as well 

We've just signed players aged 37, 33 and 32. The optimist in me says they'll provide much needed experience in the forthcoming relegation battle; the pessimist says we've signed them because no one else wants them and they'll break down with injuries.

Have to say I'm looking forward to seeing the new forward pairing - is there any chance we might sign a pacy winger too? 

1 minute ago, Displaced Rover said:

Slightly late to the party but if Batth and McFadzean start together post February it’ll be a combined aged of 72…Have we ever fielded an older pair?

Henning Berg and Craig Short were knocking on but absolutely class. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

I was thinking that. Decent signings but yet again we will need half a squad next summer regardless of where we end up. 

The younger signings have been given multi-year deals, be plenty complaining if we were handing out two or three year contracts to 33+ year olds

• Like 1

Pleased with weimann, not overly disappointed with Batth either, I wouldn’t have resigned mcfadzean but he does look like a leader so imagine he is good for the squad. Like others have said, w now need some legs and I’m hoping an experienced champagne signing still to come , maybe for the middle 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, danger19_80 said:

The younger signings have been given multi-year deals, be plenty complaining if we were handing out two or three year contracts to 33+ year olds

Also makes lots of sense with long term injuries on Wharton and Gilsenan

Smacks of desperation, signing loads of cheap shite to fill the squad out...    Still need a good keeper, two pacey wingers and a decent striker..     Same as what we needed at the start of the window.  Be nice to have a good ball carrying centre mid too.  

• Like 3
  • Downvote 3

My mate a lifelong  Norwich fan, describes Batth as an absolute liability. We'll see, sure Sunderland fans would say different,  even if he has been released from his last 2 clubs.

Probably as good as we could do this window so far, picking up experienced frees at the last minute and enacting a release clause for what we sold Gallagher for. Looking forward to seeing the strike force in action, hope it's less Fode Koita and more Rudy Gestede. It needs to work because when Sammie goes, we need to find goals or we will go down.

Clearly been waiting to shift Gallagher before offering any deals, not having MacFadzean in early is inexcusable really.

Its good to have some experience in, thats been needed for years. I'm just concerned we're playing catch up again, pre-season has been and gone and we've got players on frees that presumably haven't been doing much.

We're definitely shopping in the yellow sticker part of the aisle, as we all know but sometimes you get some nice surprises.