BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Were veering closer and closer to my ideas of signing Jordan Rhodes and Lewis Grabban on purely bonus style contracts for goals.  Give them each 45 minutes a game and a £10k goal bonus.  Between them we'd get 20 goals!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I wasnt included Weimann as he hadnt signed but has now.  But I dont think you are far wrong. Looking at your list, some of the players are either not up to it or total novices. Id strike Markanday, Vale and Hilton off. Leonard has an injury and I think he perhaps could do with a loan, not quite ready. Tyjon is 16, not ready. Duru, totally unproven. Both of them would be bonuses if they emerge. And I dont rate Sigurdsson either.

Definitely need a keeper, agreed. Left back, agreed. Left winger, agreed. Central midfielder, agreed. Replacement for Szmodics, agreed. I just think we could do with one or two extra on top because its a long season. Probably a right back and a second winger on top, we could do with a couple of pacy players rather than just 1.

Its all about the quality of players that we bring in now. The sensible thing would be to spend a big chunk of the Szmodics money on maybe a keeper, winger, Szmodics replacement and midfielder and then get a few loans on top. I fear the Szmodics money wont be made available however.

So how much bigger do you want us squad to then 24/25 players. 

Leonard is out till September with his shoulder. 

Hilton will be either 3rd choice or loan out. 

Markanday I would loan out again. 

For me, we need around 25 players this season with 5 signings we achieve this. 

Loans all depends on quality. 

Tyjon and Duru would be part of our squad for me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Galgaterover10 said:

Lots of 1 year deals being handed out. Doesn’t seem much in the way of long term planning? I do wonder if this is still the venkys end game? Do enough to stay in the league while they look for a buyer? 

Don't tease me with the thought that they're looking for a buyer.

I think it's more Waggott and co being unwilling to offer long-term contracts out because there is no guarantee of any more funds ever coming from India - so we literally can't promise to pay players after this season.

2 hours ago, AJW said:

Genuine question has there ever been Top class left footed Centre Half ? … 

Franco Baresi, or was he right footed? Difficult to tell. 

Interesting listening to the comments about our lack of pace at the back, Baresi said if I have to run fast, I've done something wrong. 

31 minutes ago, Bohinen1983 said:

Smacks of desperation, signing loads of cheap shite to fill the squad out...    Still need a good keeper, two pacey wingers and a decent striker..     Same as what we needed at the start of the window.  Be nice to have a good ball carrying centre mid too.  

Smacks of someone on the inside having their head screwed on and trying to give us a fighting chance of surviving relegation.

Obviously the big gamble is whether Batth, McFadz, Weimann et al can still do it at this level - but that's why they're frees. They have bags of experience, which is what JDT was always screaming out for.

You're right - we still lack pace and another striker and a bloody GK, but I suspect they'll all be loans.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Don't tease me with the thought that they're looking for a buyer.

I think it's more Waggott and co being unwilling to offer long-term contracts out because there is no guarantee of any more funds ever coming from India - so we literally can't promise to pay players after this season.

They gave 3+1 year deals to the two attackers 

Eustace wants experience, and the club won't give out deals longer than a year to 32+ year olds its been like that for a while 

We were never going to be world beaters this season. That was always clear. 

This season for me was very much about survival. A week ago I would have said we were going down. Now I’m pretty confident we’ll be lower mid table. These signings aren’t for the long term, and of course there has to be questions about that - however they should keep us ticking over. A lot of sensible proven signings, albeit not super exciting. 

My hope would be that towards the end of the season, using the money from Smozds, we make 2-3 signings that look towards the future (Keiskinen for example). Give them this season to bed in and then next season we may have some foundations to start pushing up the league again.

We should be trying to build around players like Carter, Britain, JRC, Tronstad, Tjion, Dolan (if he can step up).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

im`e most likely in fantasy land here but with all the sammie money  we should go all out for plymouths morgan whitaker,be a worthy replacement imo,thinking again,i am in fantasy land😁

Rovers aren't spending £10m+ for anyone.

• Like 1

Given where we were at the beginning of the week, I’m relatively pleased we’ve finally got several new players onboard. Not getting carried away, but good to see more experience arrive and Weimann is a decent option up front.

Certainly need to see more arrive before feeling remotely optimistic about the season but it’s a starting point at least.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Absolutely no chance Szmodics will play for us again.

It's just like Szmodics to ask to play,season is just around the corner after all. 

To be fair there hasn't been any word of him being unhappy. Wishful thinking I know, but i still haven't thrown the towel in. 

52 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

Slightly late to the party but if Batth and McFadzean start together post February it’ll be a combined aged of 72…Have we ever fielded an older pair?

How old were Greer and Brown when they lined up under Coyle? (*shudder)

8 minutes ago, alexanders said:

Great interview with Weismann. Knows Downing and Sammie from Bristol City and Danny Batth from Wolves. Very versatile and can play both left and right wingback. 

I know he is versatile but left and right wingback whilst Rovers.co.uk calling him a forward 🤷‍♂️

16 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Apparently we’re talking to Kaide Gordon from Liverpool…Anyone know anything about him?

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/kaide-gordon-reveals-major-liverpool-29653058?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

He's been having an absolute nightmare with injuries, basically been injured for 2 years.

Does seem like he's highly rated and has played for Liverpool first team on a number of occasions.

His only aim for the season is to get minutes "wherever that may be", so must be open to a loan.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, alexanders said:

Great interview with Weismann. Knows Downing and Sammie from Bristol City and Danny Batth from Wolves. Very versatile and can play both left and right wingback. 

can you link the interview? Can’t see it anywhere. Cheers