BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

18 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/kaide-gordon-reveals-major-liverpool-29653058?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

He's been having an absolute nightmare with injuries, basically been injured for 2 years.

Does seem like he's highly rated and has played for Liverpool first team on a number of occasions.

His only aim for the season is to get minutes "wherever that may be", so must be open to a loan.

As long as we're not on the hook for his wages if he gets another long-term injury like the Poveda nonsense. bring him in.

2 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

If Travis and/or Hyam leaves, it is a quite a statement by JE.  He's right of course that neither is up to the job Rovers expect of their players.

If either leave it will be because Rovers want their wages off the books / a fee for them because another Championship side will want them

Which is more than we can say of any of our signings which are very much last Championship chance saloon / unheard of

In the state this club is in I very much doubt Venky stooges will be keeping big earners or rejecting cash bids for players regardless of Eustace's view of things

He'll stand in line and take what the stooges serve him.

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

If either leave it will be because Rovers want their wages off the books / a fee for them because another Championship side will want them

Which is more than we can say of any of our signings which are very much last Championship chance saloon / unheard of

In the state this club is in I very much doubt Venky stooges will be keeping big earners or rejecting cash bids for players regardless of Eustace's view of things

Hang on the other day you said there is no way we sign weimann as he will go to a ‘proper championship club’. You can’t have it both ways, moan we won’t sign someone then moan when we do. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Cheer up for fucks sake.  

• Like 4

I reckon Weimann will be our best signing this summer. Went to the euros with Austria and even got a few minutes of match time. Ended the season at a play off team after getting a couple of goals for them.

Think he could be a really good signing for us 

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Galgaterover10 said:

Hang on the other day you said there is no way we sign weimann as he will go to a ‘proper championship club’. You can’t have it both ways, moan we won’t sign someone then moan when we do. 

Who's moaning? I think Batth and Weimann are solid signings. That doesn't mean I have to be pleased with the overall window and nor do I have to believe there is any sort of plan or method to what is going on other than to ensure costs are lower come deadline day and funds brought in.

The problem is that we went so long without a signing for so long that if people dont greet them with pure positivity, if they raise doubts about them etc. Then it can be seen as, well you moaned when we didnt sign anyone and are moaning when we do.

Merely signing anyone shouldnt be the benchmark. People should be able to expect for us to sign not only players but ones that improve us. If they feel that we dont, then say.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, yankfan said:

Since it’s now August I presume that mean Szmodics is staying out! Deadlines a deadline right? Anyone expecting us to complete a deal between now and the window closing should know we could bugger up the paperwork 

Apparently Ipswich have big injury problems. They might speed up the process to get to an agreement with Rovers if they are interested 

• Like 1

• Backroom

I hope Kaide Gordon is on the top end of Liverpool loanees, obviously not as good as Harvey Elliot or Big Billy Koumetio but surely better than Leighton Clarkson 

• Like 3

Good signing Weimman just the type we should have been adding whilst second in the league.

Might just turn out to be the best bit of business in this window and for me way and above the most sensible signing of the forward newbies.

Think the big lad we signed is one that isn;t going to start much but will be the go to thrown on later in games to get on the end of things.

Again something that has been missing at Ewood for a decade and something previous managers seemed adverse to for some reason yet other clubs did it.

Not sure how much he has to do with the actual players but Eustace's remit he's passed to the recruitment dept seems very sound indeed.  He's obviously told them we don't need a dozen midfielders we need defenders, they've come, we need forwards, they've come, need a guy up top with some pedigree, he's here.

Fingers crossed for a keeper to challenge the number 1 spot !

• Like 2

Either Dolan signs a new contract by the end of the window or he's gone, is my theory.

I like the look of Kaide Gordon. Direct and with a good left foot. Still think we need another winger although Hedges did well on the left in-between his hamstring injuries.

We'll be a team full of running and hard-working players, that's for sure. I like the squad we're building with such limited means, but please let there be a signing or two to be really excited about before the window shuts.

Dolan's a goner i think he was the min they put it about it was all to do with him changing agents and it would be sorted by December....2023.

I'm a fan of his but if hes been playing billy big balls he probably has had something lined up a while.  If not he might just be about to learn the hard way but of course it wouldn't be a surprise if Waggot has been low balling him anyway knowing we have an option and there is compen.

Weimann is a good signing on a free. We've gone for a couple of foreign gambles up top so we needed a wise head who knows the league inside out to complement them.

We've had a very good week in the transfer market. We need to find some players that have a bit of magic in the wide areas though who could be real game changers for us. We can't afford those players so hopefully the loan market could provide that. 

We severely lacked leaders and championship experience last season. We've rectified that quite significantly. I suspect our Gk signing will be an experienced pro too. I was very concerned we'd be going into the season relying on kids like last season. Those players need experienced pros to learn from.

I'd say we've gone from guaranteed relegation fodder to lower-mid table in the space of a week. It's still a very average squad but we've got a good base to build from now for the remainder of the transfer window.