BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

48 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Who's moaning? I think Batth and Weimann are solid signings. That doesn't mean I have to be pleased with the overall window and nor do I have to believe there is any sort of plan or method to what is going on other than to ensure costs are lower come deadline day and funds brought in.

I agree We have a right to feel aggrieved that decent money isn't being spent on proven players with the money brought in and likely to be brought in with Szmodic and possibly Travis and others leaving 

Id say I'm far more positive about our chances staying in the league but that is dependant on the two foreigners showing something and being able to at least hit double figures,and although I don't really want to see McFadzean and Batth playing regularly or together,there are better options than Gamble which was JDTs option 

The worry is if they do cash in on the likes of Travis and Hyam ,and when Szmodic leaves they will be replaced by similar types that we have already signed, when really they we need to be investing money on a bit more proven quality 

It's sickening the players we have lost since the end of JDTS first season, Kaminski, Phillips, Wharton, all gone to premier league clubs as will Szmodic, Brererton via la liga.

You look at the squad now , nobody screams premier league standard .Who the fuck they gonna sell next summer when the bills need paying 

• Like 1

It’s a strange league, season before BBD hit 20 goals he couldn’t hit a barn door, 22-23 season Sammy looked bang average, who’s to know if we may have a player step up this season. We just don’t know.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Ricky said:

It’s a strange league, season before BBD hit 20 goals he couldn’t hit a barn door, 22-23 season Sammy looked bang average, who’s to know if we may have a player step up this season. We just don’t know.

That's not true. The season before, BBD scored 7 goals from the flank, and looked far more useful than his previous seasons. Szmodics had been in great form in the final third of the season before.

Who was showing momentum last season? If the new boys don't fire, I don't see anybody doing an AA/BBD/SS, even using them as the model for it.

1 hour ago, Torgeir said:

Tugay was 31 when we signed him and smoked cigarettes in the toilets at half time. Retired a Rovers legend after eight seasons.

There's not many Tugays in football. If the new "lads" are half as good I'll be happy

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I agree We have a right to feel aggrieved that decent money isn't being spent on proven players with the money brought in and likely to be brought in with Szmodic and possibly Travis and others leaving 

Id say I'm far more positive about our chances staying in the league but that is dependant on the two foreigners showing something and being able to at least hit double figures,and although I don't really want to see McFadzean and Batth playing regularly or together,there are better options than Gamble which was JDTs option 

The worry is if they do cash in on the likes of Travis and Hyam ,and when Szmodic leaves they will be replaced by similar types that we have already signed, when really they we need to be investing money on a bit more proven quality 

It's sickening the players we have lost since the end of JDTS first season, Kaminski, Phillips, Wharton, all gone to premier league clubs as will Szmodic, Brererton via la liga.

You look at the squad now , nobody screams premier league standard .Who the fuck they gonna sell next summer when the bills need paying 

Th bills will still need paying next year and that’s when the tipping point will have been reached.

Assuming Rovers insider is correct and Suhail has told the owners, there is no need to fund the club, he is going to need to reverse that by then.

If the court stop the funding permanently, then Suhail needs to go back to the owners and advise them to sell. 
Given Suhail is ruining the show in the UK, as stated in another thread, he needs to come out of the shadows and start to engage. 

4 hours ago, Ricky said:

There's an argument Gallagher played a part in the success of them too. That being said, he missed a fair few games last season and Szmodics did just fine. Only time will tell if we actually miss him..  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

If an in-form jrc had an injury free season for once he could potentially score double figures from midfield 

(no. I've no idea what I'm basing that on😅

Thats a throw away comment.......every player could potentially score double figures. Few actually do or have the ability to do. The season before last Travis was leading scorer with two goals after two games so he too has the potential to hit double figures. We all know he wont get near that target.

We all know JRC wont play all season which reduces his chances of scoring regularly

6 hours ago, Ricky said:

Or it proves that players have that ONE season where little goes wrong and it is where we should be cashing in if we are to maximise the cash.

We missed the boat with BBD will we do with SS because I'll be pleasantly surprised if he stays and we get 15 goals this season?

Edited by dingles staying down 4ever

16 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

Amazing how gally had the game reading ability to get Sammie, BBD and Armstrong 20 goals a year each but stood on the 18 yard box every time a cross gets floated in

I think he’d convert really well into a cracking cb. He’s brilliant at defending the box from corner, mobile and imposing with his stature.

His problem playing as a forward is that I don’t think he has any strikers instinct. In comparison to AA, BB and SS in their finest form for the club, he lacks the nous to know where he needs to be in order to effect the game. He doesn’t sniff out opportunities or ever look dangerous. He’s not a terrible finisher but I’d guess he’s had the least chances of any striker in the division per minutes played. He doesn’t have a strikers brain…it’s odd really!

If you gave Sam Gallagher, Harry Leonard’s instinct, he’d be Didier Drogba! 🔥🤣

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

If an in-form jrc had an injury free season for once he could potentially score double figures from midfield 

(no. I've no idea what I'm basing that on😅

JRC needs to nail down a position , imo his best performances have been at full back I think he deserves chance in midfield but he has to start dominating games there otherwise he will just end up being an average utility player

7 hours ago, tomphil said:

Fingers crossed for a keeper to challenge the number 1 spot !

Fingers crossed for a keeper who clearly comes in as our number 1 !!!

If a keeper comes in to 'challenge' Pears then IMO, he can be no better than the calamity we already have!

7 hours ago, tomphil said:

Dolan's a goner i think he was the min they put it about it was all to do with him changing agents and it would be sorted by December....2023.

I'm a fan of his but if hes been playing billy big balls he probably has had something lined up a while.  If not he might just be about to learn the hard way but of course it wouldn't be a surprise if Waggot has been low balling him anyway knowing we have an option and there is compen.

Think Dolan and agent(s) playing a game.  He simply aint that good -  would cash-in now providing, and that's a big proviso, we could use the monies to strengthen.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Think Dolan and agent(s) playing a game.  He simply aint that good -  would cash-in now providing, and that's a big proviso, we could use the monies to strengthen.

Can see him getting a move to Luton  as a relatively cheap, youngish and English gamble for a squad position

*Cheap for Luton, but still a higher wage than anyone will be on at Rovers in a years time

• Like 1

Agree regarding JRC. First and foremost the best positions for him is either RB, RWB of RW. He will most likely be one of the first names on the teamsheet, but needs to dominate more and contribute with more goals and assists. His through ball to Vale against Wigan was brilliant and I think there is more to come. 

That goals was very well taken and direct goal and probably how Eustace want us to play. 

With Weimann I would sell Dolan if any offer comes and he doesn’t want to sign a new contract. I am not his biggest admirer, but I think he is like Joshua King sometimes. Horrible decision making. JK progressed a lot and ended up in the PL. there’s a chance Dolan can progress more as well. 

Edited by alexanders

6 hours ago, lraC said:

Th bills will still need paying next year and that’s when the tipping point will have been reached.

Assuming Rovers insider is correct and Suhail has told the owners, there is no need to fund the club, he is going to need to reverse that by then.

If the court stop the funding permanently, then Suhail needs to go back to the owners and advise them to sell. 
Given Suhail is ruining the show in the UK, as stated in another thread, he needs to come out of the shadows and start to engage. 

Just looked out of my window and saw a pig fly past.

That won’t happen. He won’t know what to do when the shit hits the fan. He’ll just hide in the shadows more.

Edited by Moptop1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, alexanders said:

WTF. Please enlighten me. 
I would be underwhelmed with this signing. 

IMG_1217.png

IMG_1216.png

IMG_1218.jpeg

Newcastle have a model for buying young players and then selling them on a year or 2 later for fairly large profit

Eg Mintah was signed a year ago, loaned out and sold this summer for £20M+ profit

I would guess the aim is to eventually use that to circumnavigate FFP and finance "marquee signings" in the future

Lewis Hall will likely be similar

Would imagine they see similar short term increase in value in this guy and dare I say, Finneran