BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

12 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Newcastle have a model for buying young players and then selling them on a year or 2 later for fairly large profit

Eg Mintah was signed a year ago, loaned out and sold this summer for £20M+ profit

I would guess the aim is to eventually use that to circumnavigate FFP and finance "marquee signings" in the future

Lewis Hall will likely be similar

Would imagine they see similar short term increase in value in this guy and dare I say, Finneran

Cheers. This guy had an underwhelming goalscoring record. 

16 minutes ago, alexanders said:

Cheers. This guy had an underwhelming goalscoring record. 

Yep, but he is young, quick and I am pretty sure he joined Sheff Utd at a young enough age to be considered home grown.  They see future profits in that

Edited by KentExile

15 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Yep, but he is young, quick and I am pretty sure he joined Sheff Utd at a young enough age to be considered home grown.  They see future profits in that

Bet you’re right. Just proves to me we need to keep investing in Academy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FE123 said:

Pears

Brittain Carter Hyam Pickering

Travis Trondstadt

JRC Weimann Dolan

Gueye

Is my prediction for next Friday 

subs 

New keeper

Batth

McFadzean

Hedges

Buckley

Ohashi

Vale

Think you might be right, but my choice would be 

Hedges - JRC - Weimann

Vale 

6 minutes ago, FE123 said:

Pears

Brittain Carter Hyam Pickering

Travis Trondstadt

JRC Weimann Dolan

Gueye

Is my prediction for next Friday 

subs 

New keeper

Batth

McFadzean

Hedges

Buckley

Ohashi

Vale

Ohashi is already match fit so I'd expect him to start behind the striker, imo Weimann will be a 65th min sub.

33 minutes ago, philipl said:

The signings we have made might keep us in the Championship but no way on earth can I see any intent to press up the league.

Agree, this week has turned my view from bottom of the league to some hope of avoiding relegation. I don't know what happened behind the scenes but assuming the manager has probably threatened to walk or kicked up a stink.

The signings in the main are sticking plasters to get us through this season, it looks like that is now the 'project' and who knows what comes after.

The reality is though that our assets are sold off and replaced by frees/cheapies/loans until eventually its league 1 time.

What is Weimanns best position? Sky sports listed him as a midfielder, Rovers said he was a striker. No 10? Cant imagine him having much pace at 32. Never really seen him play.

Dont think getting a few older heads in the door is a bad thing. The squad was completely void of leadership last season. New GK and some pace out wide must be the priority now. Were slow accross the board.

Just now, roverblue said:

The signings in the main are sticking plasters to get us through this season, it looks like that is now the 'project' and who knows what comes after.

How can they though? Invested in youth and potential combined with experience 

Weimann could be a key player for us. I know he’s getting towards the end of his career but last season he was on loan at a play-off team and then went to the euros as part of a decent Austria squad.

The least risky signing out of the ones we’ve made this summer. The two forwards could be amazing or awful, we just don’t know enough about them. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ricceh said:

Ohashi is already match fit so I'd expect him to start behind the striker, imo Weimann will be a 65th min sub.

Weimann has been with Austria in the euros and training all along, expect him to go straight in. 

1 minute ago, benhben said:

What is Weimanns best position? Sky sports listed him as a midfielder, Rovers said he was a striker. No 10? Cant imagine him having much pace at 32. Never really seen him play.

Dont think getting a few older heads in the door is a bad thing. The squad was completely void of leadership last season. New GK and some pace out wide must be the priority now. Were slow accross the board.

Probably a second striker or “number 10” traditionally, although he’s capable of playing wide. His strength was his mobility and work rate. He was sharp, not sure he will be as quick as he was.

From my Bristol City supporting mate re Weimann:

"He runs all day. Great player, with a lot of goals in hin and still solid technically. 

He got kicked out as he was on too much money. So let his contract run down and I get sense he wanted to move North. 

He still gets in the Austrian squad.

He is a great person too. I was gutted he went. Arguably one of the best players ever at the gate. Pure gentleman who has some bite on the pitch."

Surprised money was an issue given our stinginess in that dept nowadays... but ko suggestion that his legs had gone, which is positive. 

Edited by Atko's Engine
Added further comments from mate
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, JamieUK said:

It's a 9 man subs bench from this season. Still work to do to fill it with decent options to affect a game..

It’s been a 9 man subs bench since Covid. I don’t think we are too bad currently:

keeper, Batth, Mcfadz, Buckley, Garrett, hedges, ohashi, sigs, vale/markanday

i know Garrett is potentially off on loan but I assume we will be bringing in a replacement. Problem comes when it gets to November and we’ve 5 injuries. Need 4/5 more to flesh out the squad. 

So with the recent incomings out the way, has anyone heard of any decent/genuine links since? Links with validity... 

Thinking GK, Wingers and Wingbacks?

Does this Siriki Dembélé link seem genuine from opinions? Is the link for James Hill again genuine or simply journalists trying to make a story?

1 minute ago, Galgaterover10 said:

i know Garrett is potentially off on loan but I assume we will be bringing in a replacement. Problem comes when it gets to November and we’ve 5 injuries. Need 4/5 more to flesh out the squad. 

Leonard & Gilsenan will be "like new signings" when that time comes 😉 

1 minute ago, RoversClitheroe said:

If we are looking at loans I'll be absolutely fuming - £30m in + another potential £10m.

We need good quality long term signings - that are going to have an impact in the short and long term.

Loans are just a part and parcel of championship football for every club unfortunately. Could see us bringing in 3 loans and maybe 2 permanents, older keeper on a free and maybe a dembele type for 1.5m when Szmodics goes. 

1 minute ago, AVE1875 said:

So with the recent incomings out the way, has anyone heard of any decent/genuine links since? Links with validity... 

Does this Siriki Dembélé link seem genuine from opinions? Is the link for James Hill again genuine or simply journalists trying to make a story?

I’ll say it now that we won’t get Siriki Dembele, he will be wanted by many clubs so our stumbling block will be wages.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AVE1875 said:

I think the dembele link is genuine but like someone just said I’d be shocked if we got him. I think Birmingham have better prospects than us currently despite being relegated.

the only two other links that seem genuine are ruddy on loan from Newcastle and baker from stoke but apparently they want 2.5m so that’s not happening. Someone last night said a young Liverpool winger on loan but it was on Twitter so no idea how reliable. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Fingers crossed for a keeper who clearly comes in as our number 1 !!!

If a keeper comes in to 'challenge' Pears then IMO, he can be no better than the calamity we already have!

Think Dolan and agent(s) playing a game.  He simply aint that good -  would cash-in now providing, and that's a big proviso, we could use the monies to strengthen.

With the type of players they are bringing in and the prospect of hopefully a loan or two of flying wingers it looks like Dolan will be squeezed out anyway.

As for the keeper well Pears is number 1 at the min so anyone coming in will be to challenge or just back him up.  Unless of course they spend good money or recruit someone like Krull on big wages.