BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

I reckon…

- 1x freebie, experienced keeper.

- 1x fullback cover on loan

- 1x young PL winger on loan

- 1x Permanent winger for a fee

I also think we’ll end up with a midfield replacement for Garrett or Trav and I’d like an experienced striker.

4 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I reckon…

- 1x freebie, experienced keeper.

- 1x fullback cover on loan

- 1x young PL winger on loan

- 1x Permanent winger for a fee

I also think we’ll end up with a midfield replacement for Garrett or Trav and I’d like an experienced striker.

I think our midfield options (defensive)  will be Tronstad - Trav - JRC. We can’t afford to get rid of both Trav and Garrett. After Adam and Ayari left this is the position we have least depth. 

24 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

From my Bristol City supporting mate re Weimann:

"He runs all day. Great player, with a lot of goals in hin and still solid technically. 

He got kicked out as he was on too much money. So let his contract run down and I get sense he wanted to move North. 

He still gets in the Austrian squad."

Surprised money was an issue given our stinginess in that dept nowadays... but ko suggestion that his legs had gone, which is positive. 

Often been the case under Venkys that there is no money for significant transfer fees but money suddenly gets okayed for short term big wages, Downing, Rodwell etc.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Often been the case under Venkys that there is no money for significant transfer fees but money suddenly gets okayed for short term big wages, Downing, Rodwell etc.

& Fleck, Whittingham

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

If we are looking at loans I'll be absolutely fuming - £30m in + another potential £10m.

We need good quality long term signings - that are going to have an impact in the short and long term.

Every team in the championship uses the loan market 

I can near guarantee Hull will fill their quota of loans and they have brought in big money too.

You say this every summer about loans .Clubs at this level have to use the loan market, it isn't the same as years ago,clubs weren't hoovering up all the young talent as much as they do now.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, alexanders said:

I think our midfield options (defensive)  will be Tronstad - Trav - JRC. We can’t afford to get rid of both Trav and Garrett. After Adam and Ayari left this is the position we have least depth. 

No room for Buckley then? I had high hopes for him once.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 47er said:

Embarrassed.

Sorry forgot about him. Think he actually can work well under JE. One pass to Buckley who comes down to collect and he threads it to the wingers or infield. Might suit him better than JDT ball. 

Very happy with the Weimann signing. Loads of experience and goals at this level..can play 3 or 4 different positions. 

Still need experience keeper, left back, pacey winger and centre midfielder in. 

10 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Gordon would be a smart move, right winger. They'd probably like him to stay close to home to keep tabs on his progress too.

My Liverpool STH work colleague rates him. Says he needs first team football now which we can offer, can play either wing position. 

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, 47er said:

Ditto. There was a Swansea game at Ewood under Mowbray (might’ve been a season opener) where I thought Buckley and Dolan were about to tear the league apart, they were both THAT good 😢

• Like 1

Pleased with the flurry of activity, better late than never!

Some good signings in there, Weimann being my pick of the bunch.

However, we still need more... here's who i'd like to see us go for;

GK: Tim Krul - just fucking get it done.
LB: George Cox - previously linked with him, he's available again as a free agent.
CAM: Karamoko Dembele - no brainer! Get him and his brother...
LW: Siriki Dembele - top top player on his day; fast, goal threat. 
RW: Josh Bowler - Great player, would probably be the best signing of the lot.

Then get some good loans in such as... James Hill, Harvey Vale, Kaide Gordon.

Would actually make us a good side that, top half.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Easier to budget for a short-term contract.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

If we are looking at loans I'll be absolutely fuming - £30m in + another potential £10m.

We need good quality long term signings - that are going to have an impact in the short and long term.

We will have to see what the 20th brings, as for now I imagine that staggered transfer income will be propping up the cash flow forecasting to prove the club can cover it's obligations.

4 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I completely forgot about August 20th - hopefully it's a Venkys and Waggott fuck off day

We can hope! At least the transfer fees will be put to good use keeping the club in business while we find competent owners.

Reports emerging that Rovers approached Daniel Ayala to add to their centre back reserves but the deal was abandoned as he might be too athletic for the team. 

Excuse my cynicism. It seems to me that Eustace has a brief to avoid relegation and is determined to scrap his way there. However, without pace at the back or much further forward, the team being built worries me.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Out of interest, why do some believe that Travis will leave? Eustace appears to be favouring a midfield pairing of Travis and Tronstad in the stronger teams that we've put out in preseason, with Buckley being the one trying to fight to get into the first team. Suggests to me that Eustace rates Travis.

I'm aware of the loose link to Stoke City, but I can't see him leaving if he knows he's getting first team football here and evidently wanted by the Head Coach.

• Like 1

We can’t deny that we are signing one Oldies, however what separates our oldies from other is consistency and none of them have been on the treatment table. 

Ayala and Dack and even Gally was injury prone.  

17 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Out of interest, why do some believe that Travis will leave? Eustace appears to be favouring a midfield pairing of Travis and Tronstad in the stronger teams that we've put out in preseason, with Buckley being the one trying to fight to get into the first team. Suggests to me that Eustace rates Travis.

I'm aware of the loose link to Stoke City, but I can't see him leaving if he knows he's getting first team football here and evidently wanted by the Head Coach.

He is one of the higher earners left.  Eustace played both Gally and Szmodics until bids came in, so in my opinion there is no reason why the same wouldn't apply to Travis/Hyam/Sigurdsson

Obviously, if decent enough bids do not come in, I am sure Eustace will be happy to keep and play them

37 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

Excuse my cynicism. It seems to me that Eustace has a brief to avoid relegation and is determined to scrap his way there.

The lack of experience and leaders in the team almost cost us last season. We have been far too focussed on buying young players for resale value which, while we should certainly do from a business point of view, we ended up with a team of soft kids, no matter how talented they are.

We at least have a balance, now, to complement the younger talent in the squad. We have been a soft team for far too long. These signings are a welcome change and I for one feel relieved we've got a few older heads in.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Ditto. There was a Swansea game at Ewood under Mowbray (might’ve been a season opener) where I thought Buckley and Dolan were about to tear the league apart, they were both THAT good 😢

There was a goal that Buckley scored on the last day of the season a year or two ago. It was v Birmingham.

I thought it was as good a goal of its type that I'd ever seen and I thought he'll be terrific next season.

And he wasn't.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Out of interest, why do some believe that Travis will leave?

Because he'll be either the biggest or a top 3 earner now they've got shut of Gallagher

And as we know our approach to incomings and outgoings is determined by who costs the most / least.

Combine that with him being able to command a fee of some description from other clubs and the Venky stooges will likely have their eye on him next, regardless of what manager or player want.

• Like 1

An interesting thought is that despite us not spending any of the transfer income we've recently received (Wharton, Raya, Gallagher etc), it will boost our stats for FFP immensely - I imagine we'll be making a profit (as alluded to in the recent fan forum minutes).

So, off the back of the hearing this month, if we were somehow able to get rid of Venkys and get a new owner, I think they would be able to spend a decent amount of money without falling foul of FFP.

• Like 2