BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

7 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Pickering is a decent footballer but he would hard pushed to beat Fadz in a race. Any smart manager we play against puts their quickest player on him and he is toast. Needs competition. Also starts season well and then fades

ok defensively but his lack of pace hampers him going forwards,i`ve often thought he would make a better centre centre back than full back,it was the same with nyambe

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, rigger said:

I think it used to be known as, living within your means.

I do worry next season how we will support ourself. This years  transfers and wages seemingly are covered by Sales but with a large percentage of our squad now in their twilight years future sales could be harder to generate income. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, markhayhurst said:

I do worry next season how we will support ourself. This years  transfers and wages seemingly are covered by Sales but with a large percentage of our squad now in their twilight years future sales could be harder to generate income. 

We won't until the owners leave !

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

ok defensively but his lack of pace hampers him going forwards,i`ve often thought he would make a better centre centre back than full back,it was the same with nyambe

My long standing take is that Pickering might make a good defensive midfield player - his passing, tackling and all round game are decent and he wouldn't be as exposed for pace. This might be a hangover of too many years playing football manager though - I always used to transition aging fullbacks into DMs because the skillset was similar but they didn't need to be as quick...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

My relegation fears have eased ten fold since last week.

If we keep Szmodics I’d agree, but we won’t; so still work to do!

Still have a shocking keeper, only one left back, no passers in midfield and no pace out wide… other than that we’re good 😆

• Like 3

Never thought Pickering's lack of pace was his main problem, it's his positional sense that's the problem, wanders much too far forward, all the opposition need to do is knock a ball in behind him and they're away.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MB Rover said:

If we keep Szmodics I’d agree, but we won’t; so still work to do!

Still have a shocking keeper, only one left back, no passers in midfield and no pace out wide… other than that we’re good 😆

I'll be honest, I don't think Szmodics has a season anything like the one just gone ever again.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Never thought Pickering's lack of pace was his main problem, it's his positional sense that's the problem, wanders much too far forward, all the opposition need to do is knock a ball in behind him and they're away.

Exactly what I said! He's not great.

7 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I'll be honest, I don't think Szmodics has a season anything like the one just gone ever again.

Bet he’d score more goals than the 3 we’ve brought in to ‘replace’ him

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

If he stays (which he no doubt  won't) he'd probably still be the pick of our forward players though.

You'd have to say if SS stays that overall we look theoretically stronger in forward areas but the new players are unproven so for me the  season will hinge on how well he is replaced should the inevitable happen.

I think it's very premature to say our relegation fears have eased but if SS either stays or is replaced well by someone not so far on the books I'd say we've given ourselves a chance and even that didn't look likely a week ago.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

2 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I've seen enough of Pickering to know he's not good enough at championship level, awful positioning, gets done 1 on 1 a lot, and let's a ball bounce - not good enough.

Gallagher was never ever a striker his goal record proves that.

Travis looked a world beater but think he has gone backwards, still don't think he's bad.

Not a Pickering fan - think he's bang average.

Gallagher has not developed - best form for Rovers, with goals, was ironically under Coyle.

Had high hopes of Travis when he broke through and we was box to box and funnily enough could then pick a pass or two.  Sadly, Mowbray changed him for the worse and the lad has badly regressed.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Has very, very little football intelligence.  The great Bobby Moore was slow but the first few yards were in his head and he rarely got caught out.

• Like 1

I think thats recreating history implying that Travis was ever anything other than what he is now, an energetic and destructive but technically limited midfielder. A manager cant make a player forget how to pass.

Its interesting how people can see a game differently. I think Pickering positionally and in terms of intelligence is good and it often protects his lack of pace. That being said, it can only do so much.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I think thats recreating history implying that Travis was ever anything other than what he is now, an energetic and destructive but technically limited midfielder. A manager cant make a player forget how to pass.

Its interesting how people can see a game differently. I think Pickering positionally and in terms of intelligence is good and it often protects his lack of pace. That being said, it can only do so much.

Travis has ability to be a box to box man. JDT effectively used him as a number 10 at times which was daft. He’s by no means a playmaker I agree, not got the passing, but see his goals vs QPR and Luton and he has a decent shot on him when allowed to. Both cracking finishes, especially the Luton one.

11 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Not a Pickering fan - think he's bang average.

Gallagher has not developed - best form for Rovers, with goals, was ironically under Coyle.

Had high hopes of Travis when he broke through and we was box to box and funnily enough could then pick a pass or two.  Sadly, Mowbray changed him for the worse and the lad has badly regressed.

Overrated 

3 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Which is why I had a chuckle at Gallagher's comments about wanting to be at a club with ambition.

To be fair he's not wrong. Do you think we are a club with ambition? 

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Couldn't agree more, he's a decent Championship full back who is encouraged to push on, its up to his team mates to cover his postion.

7 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Spot on Hasta, we have no ambition on or off the field.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Haven't been ambitious, since Venkys bought the club 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, markhayhurst said:

Promotion obviously 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Haven't been ambitious, since Venkys bought the club.

They pretend to be every now and again, just to keep us interested, and then they rip it up and start again. We'll probably change the whole backroom team at the end of next season and go in a new direction...

• Like 3

I think Pickering is decent personally. Had a few shockers - who hasnt in this squad - but generally solid and way down the problem list.

There are better players (JRC, Hedges) who are more of an issue for me because they get injured so much that we cant really view them as any more than bit part participants.

• Like 2