BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I think thats recreating history implying that Travis was ever anything other than what he is now, an energetic and destructive but technically limited midfielder. A manager cant make a player forget how to pass.

Its interesting how people can see a game differently. I think Pickering positionally and in terms of intelligence is good and it often protects his lack of pace. That being said, it can only do so much.

Intend to agree with Merc on this.  Mentioned before that I thought ToMo stifled him and he never seemed to get it back.  Was just youthful exuberance for the first game or two.  

Pickering's positioning when the ball is on the desk is fine, although he can sometimes get isolated and then rinsed by tricky wingers. It's in the air where his positioning goes to pot. He has had some horror shows when the ball is up high, and he's a liability when defending the back post. It's why I would worry about him playing at centre back, even as part of a 3, for any prolonged period.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, USABlue said:

Intend to agree with Merc on this.  Mentioned before that I thought ToMo stifled him and he never seemed to get it back.  Was just youthful exuberance for the first game or two.  

He is still full of energy, but he was never technically particularly good.

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Thinking aloud:

What if we got in a left wing back with Batty as understudy, and Pickering gets used as a left-footed centre back?

Batty clearly isnt ready though.

15 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

no smozdics again tonight seems the deadline was bollocks just like everything out of swags mouth.

I dont get this not playing Smozdics it means if he stays or goes he has had 0 mins pre season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

said the deal had to be done by wednesday or it was off,that incompetent crook will end up selling sammie for less than agreed😈

Nixon reported that was the case. I assume under the club to drum up a bidding war. At no point has anyone from the club officially confirmed any deadline. 

Dutch keeper Jeffrey de Lange at Go Ahead Eagles. De Lange, 26, may cost £2 million and is emerging as the leading contender although fellow countryman Joel Drommel at PSV Eindhoven has also been considered.

Nixon story

Jeffrey de Lange~ Debut season~ Go ahead Eagles 2022/2023 (youtube.com)

Joël Drommel | Saves & Skills - FC Twente (youtube.com)

Edited by chaddyrovers

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Dutch keeper Jeffrey de Lange at Go Ahead Eagles. De Lange, 26, may cost £2 million and is emerging as the leading contender although fellow countryman Joel Drommel at PSV Eindhoven has also been considered.

Absolute warchest!

these keepers any good? 

Would absolutely advocate for spending any available funds on a good keeper. Would make the world of difference to our prospects. Pears is not good enough. No idea if these Dutch keepers are any good but pleased to see that they are looking at keepers. 

• Like 9