BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Feedback off a Dutch page states Drommel is the more talented keeper. Lange is more confident in his ability and even though not got as much natural talent as Drommel he's a hard worker which has got him to where he is. So it's either ability or someone who's more confident?

16 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Feedback off a Dutch page states Drommel is the more talented keeper. Lange is more confident in his ability and even though not got as much natural talent as Drommel he's a hard worker which has got him to where he is. So it's either ability or someone who's more confident?

Ability … every day of week 

• Like 1

• Backroom
16 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Confidence imo

• Like 1

Newcastle currently have five first team squad GKs, three of whom are English. Ruddy could well be fifth-choice there.

If - speculation ahead - Eustace wants an experienced head in the building on loan, while that experienced head helps out with coaching and maybe is even working towards their badges, then I don’t think Ruddy on loan is a bad move.

I’d rather have a new first-choice, Pears second-choice and then Ruddy, ahead of Hilton or Eastham (neither of whom have shown enough in training, U21s or the limited first team appearances of Hilton to dislodge either Pears or Leo) than just a new guy, then Pears, then Hilton and Eastham.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If that was the case, then Eustace clearly cannot judge goalkeepers very well.

What's your problem with Eustace?

No way we're spending £2m on a keeper imo.

Happy to be proved wrong.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

what,replacing the legend that is ben benson,who is going to wield the clipboard if he goes

If I was going full conspiracy theory I would suggest that for whatever reason the likes of Benson and Lowe etc. seem to have some kind of protection. Even top coaches often won't stick around for three managers in a row if they are part of the first team coaching setup, managers like to bring in their own backroom staff.

If JE doesn't fancy Benson as a coach but has been told he has to work with him and can't expressly bring in a second goalkeeping coach then signing Ruddy, a very experienced pro who he knows well, as 'experienced backup' might be a way of circumventing it.

If so, no one is replacing big Ben.

Honest.

on an unrelated note, how does one make a tinfoil hat more comfortable in this heat, anyone got any tips?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If that was the case, then Eustace clearly cannot judge goalkeepers very well.

Pears and Ruddy would be by far the worst set of keepers in the league.

Who are Oxford's keepers? 

1 minute ago, M_B said:

Who are Oxford's keepers? 

One is Jamie Cummings. Former Chelsea, on loan when they got promoted.

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

What's your problem with Eustace?

No way we're spending £2m on a keeper imo.

Happy to be proved wrong.

I never said I had one. I said IF Eustace actively wants Ruddy then he cant judge goalkeepers. We dont know if he does.

• Like 1

2 really interesting options for a goalkeeper but for some reason the manager is pining for Ruddy?

Ruddy would be a terrible, short term sticking plaster.

If we actually pished the boat out and signed someone decent, it would make a huge, huge difference to the team.

• Like 1

Sorry but he just needs to be sold. I get we’re trying to get as much value as possible but having him around when he clearly wants to go is not good for anyone…I don’t think anyone is going to pay more than 9/10m.

Surely we won’t be going for any of these keepers if he isn’t sold.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

2 hours ago, FE123 said:

£2 million sounds a lot of money but surely better buying someone who can be sold on rather than handing it to a 37 year old in wages?

If we're spending £2mill on a keeper, he better be starting, and better than Pears

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, neophox said:

Eustace says we won't sell Szmodicz if Ipswich don't meet Rovers valuation and Rovers will walk away from this. Could it be three years for Szmodics in the reserves then?

Obviously not. He wont stay but if he did, why on earth would he spend 3 years in the reserves?

• Like 2

Smodzics  will leave on deadline day , leaving us to scrat around trying to find a last minute replacement 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

One is Jamie Cummings. Former Chelsea, on loan when they got promoted.

I never said I had one. I said IF Eustace actively wants Ruddy then he cant judge goalkeepers. We dont know if he does.

So, you don't know,neither do I .

7 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Sorry but he just needs to be sold. I get we’re trying to get as much value as possible but having him around when he clearly wants to go is not good for anyone…I don’t think anyone is going to pay more than 9/10m.

Surely we won’t be going for any of these keepers if he isn’t sold.

I do think he deserves a move and that he will be sold but I disagree. He is under contract and if Ipswich are making lowball offers he should stay here and get on with it. You don't always get what you want.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AJW said:

Smodzics  will leave on deadline day , leaving us to scrat around trying to find a last minute replacement 

Absolutely nailed on this is happening by the way. Drag on to the last week of the window which will be close enough for venkys to pocket it and pretend they will spend it next window and it will just go missing. 

• Like 1

Just now, Inferi said:

I do think he deserves a move and that he will be sold but I disagree. He is under contract and if Ipswich are making lowball offers he should stay here and get on with it. You don't always get what you want.

Lots can happen yet. Spurs among others are after a striker which can create a domino.  

3 minutes ago, Inferi said:

So you honestly think someone else will come in with a higher offer? I don’t… then we keep him, he more than likely won’t perform to the stats he did last season and then cya, down goes his value.

He has to be sold this window and asap…

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

So you honestly think someone else will come in with a higher offer? I don’t… 

I don't know what the bid is but yes,  probably. He is a very good player.

15 minutes ago, AJW said:

Aye if they announced he was off now there'd be pressure to spend but it's not happening i'd wager all the real spending is done now barring maybe wages on a keeper.

Just be looking at the loan market now and the Szmods money is running cost money.