BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

If that was the case, then Eustace clearly cannot judge goalkeepers very well.

Pears and Ruddy would be by far the worst set of keepers in the league.

Or Eustace just has different opinion/judgement to yourself on Ruddy

1 hour ago, Rover8T4 said:

Feedback off a Dutch page states Drommel is the more talented keeper. Lange is more confident in his ability and even though not got as much natural talent as Drommel he's a hard worker which has got him to where he is. So it's either ability or someone who's more confident?

You go for ability. 

I know nothing about both apart from I've seen on clips on YouTube 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Or Eustace just has different opinion/judgement to yourself on Ruddy

You go for ability. 

Well obviously. I am giving my opinion, that Ruddy is not good enough, and that if he wants Ruddy, then Eustace has poor judgement on goalkeepers.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Sorry but he just needs to be sold. I get we’re trying to get as much value as possible but having him around when he clearly wants to go is not good for anyone…I don’t think anyone is going to pay more than 9/10m.

Surely we won’t be going for any of these keepers if he isn’t sold.

He will be sold - this is all posturing and we've clearly planned for life without him.

1 hour ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Sorry but he just needs to be sold. I get we’re trying to get as much value as possible but having him around when he clearly wants to go is not good for anyone…I don’t think anyone is going to pay more than 9/10m.

This is why I think having a release clause benefits Rovers. If, as has been reported, an £8 million figure has been agreed, then it should mean that both parties are happy at that figure. 

You can argue that £8 million isn't enough, but it should stop another club coming in with a ridiculously low offer to try to unsettle the player. I agree with the 9/10m valuation being realistic. 

24 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Well obviously. I am giving my opinion, that Ruddy is not good enough, and that if he wants Ruddy, then Eustace has poor judgement on goalkeepers.

Or maybe has a better judgement then yourself on Ruddy given he worked with last season so might just know more than us. 

Just for record, I don't want Ruddy but want experience keeper but can be number 1 here for 2 or 3 years. 

We want a Dutch GK and Ruddy on loan. Thankfully that means Eustace is in agreement with all of us that Pears is useless and should not even be second choice.

Also, Birmingham are apparently signing another winger so it looks like Dembele will be on his way out. I think he'd be a very good signing for us and it could happen given our need for a tricky winger and his links to Eustace. Question marks over his attitude but he's got that little bit of magic that we are severely lacking.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

We want a Dutch GK and Ruddy on loan. Thankfully that means Eustace is in agreement with all of us that Pears is useless and should not even be second choice.

Also, Birmingham are apparently signing another winger so it looks like Dembele will be on his way out. I think he'd be a very good signing for us and it could happen given our need for a tricky winger and his links to Eustace. Question marks over his attitude but he's got that little bit of magic that we are severely lacking.

We want a new keeper not 2. 

Ruddy is still wanted but we are looking at other options like 2 Dutch keepers 

No danger we spend on two new keepers, no chance. Need a starter either Dutch lad or Ruddy all better than Pears.

Dembele, Gordon, the Georgian defender CB/LB dude and one of these Dutch keepers would round us out. Oh and SS to stay. Playoff fight ready.

Edited by Fraserkirky

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Or maybe has a better judgement then yourself on Ruddy given he worked with last season so might just know more than us. 

Just for record, I don't want Ruddy but want experience keeper but can be number 1 here for 2 or 3 years. 

But im giving my opinion. Just like you gave yours, which matches mine, so im not sure why you are then going on to defend Eustace on something you disagree with.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Eustace had said SS is his usual bubbly self round the training ground, he doesn’t want to lose him and he may play a part against Derby if he hasn’t left. 

SS doesn’t strike me as the type to kick up a fuss. 

JE hinted the deadline to sell is this weekend. Obviously putting the pressure on Ipswich to put up or shut up.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

But im giving my opinion. Just like you gave yours, which matches mine, so im not sure why you are then going on to defend Eustace on something you disagree with.

Balance argument and that saying Eustace knows him better then we do. 

My opinion is us having number 1 for few years not just for 12 months

4 hours ago, M_B said:

This is why I think having a release clause benefits Rovers. If, as has been reported, an £8 million figure has been agreed, then it should mean that both parties are happy at that figure. 

You can argue that £8 million isn't enough, but it should stop another club coming in with a ridiculously low offer to try to unsettle the player. I agree with the 9/10m valuation being realistic. 

If 9/10 million is right, setting an 8 mill release clause is fucking stupid and detrimental to Rovers. If we want to sell him at 8 mill we will sell him for 8 mill.

Nor would an 8 mill release clause stop clubs trying to lowball us. It won't. In Spain, players move for less than their release clauses all the time. Some people talk like minimum fee release clauses mean you can't accept a lower offer or something.

Edited by bluebruce

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

You go for ability. 

Confidence can be built. And if you have ability, it should be easier to do so.

8 hours ago, had.e.nuff said:

I dont get this not playing Smozdics it means if he stays or goes he has had 0 mins pre season.

I don't think it's 0 games, but he hasn't played the last 3 I believe. I agree, doesn't make sense. 'He could get injured'. Right, well he could get injured training. He could get injured stepping out the shower or playing his xbox! He probably won't get injured in any of those ways, including a light hearted friendly, as he was pretty sturdy last season.

Taking him out of the team for friendlies means he doesn't get match sharpness in him. That's no good for us if he stays, and it's no good for Ipswich if he goes there. It also sends the signal to Ipswich that they're unsettling the player, which gives them cause to keep the bids low. Foolish all round IMO.

I've noticed that's two interviews now where Eustace has said Sammie is 'in talks with Ipswich'. Not we are in talks with Ipswich. Sammie is.

That rhetoric makes it sound like we have already accepted a bid. We shouldn't be allowing the player to have talks with Ipswich if they haven't had a bid accepted, as again it just unsettles the player further, and weakens our hand by showing Ipswich they're nearly there.

If we have accepted a bid, dropping him from the last 3 friendlies makes a bit more sense. The first time Eustace said this, he said SS and SG were in talks with other clubs. It was only a couple of days later I think that Gally signed for Stoke. Sounds to me like his agent might be struggling to get Ipswich to meet his terms.

4 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

No danger we spend on two new keepers, no chance. Need a starter either Dutch lad or Ruddy all better than Pears.

Dembele, Gordon, the Georgian defender CB/LB dude and one of these Dutch keepers would round us out. Oh and SS to stay. Playoff fight ready.

The made up Georgian defender keeps making it on people's wishlists so you should just go even better.

All we need is prime Messi and we are sorted.

16 minutes ago, Ricceh said:

The made up Georgian defender keeps making it on people's wishlists so you should just go even better.

All we need is prime Messi and we are sorted.

The made up Georgian defender is at least partially my fault I think

Someone posted somewhere (maybe twitter) that Rovers were looking at a left sided, defender, based in Italy, with a hard to pronounce name.

I jokingly asked if Zurab Khizanishvilli had a family member in Italy

Turns out that there is a Georgian player in Serie B who fits the original description (he does not however seem to be related to Zurab though)

Edited by KentExile

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

We want a new keeper not 2. 

Ruddy is still wanted but we are looking at other options like 2 Dutch keepers 

A double Dutch wanted. Hard to believe it, but skipping through the thread, looking for Malcolm McLaren stories, will confirm exactly that. 

• Like 1

Szmodics wants to leave and his head has been turned, he has to leave really now. No issue with that he deserves his chance, as sad as I will be to see him go. Also no issue holding out for the best offer we can get for him if we continue to do business on incoming transfers knowing there's some cash on the horizon.

The actual issue I have is the halfwit we're leaving in charge of sorting it, he's probably strolling round smug as anything as we've signed a few players now thinking the fans love him. Sorry Steve, we don't - you're a cunt 😊

• Like 7