BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

42 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Szmodics wants to leave and his head has been turned, he has to leave really now. No issue with that he deserves his chance, as sad as I will be to see him go. Also no issue holding out for the best offer we can get for him if we continue to do business on incoming transfers knowing there's some cash on the horizon.

The actual issue I have is the halfwit we're leaving in charge of sorting it, he's probably strolling round smug as anything as we've signed a few players now thinking the fans love him. Sorry Steve, we don't - you're a cunt 😊

Ipswich needs to pay the asking price we want. Do that and the player is yours, Then we then to sign a replacement..

5 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Dust settled from last night, and I know it was ‘only’ Stockport, but I’m almost certain that Park and Rudy have significantly improved our no.9 situation and I’m willing to say that BOTH are better than Gally…

Gueye is a physical beast, strong with his back to goal. Links play up and got himself into more goal scoring positions than SG ever has. Should’ve had at least 3 goals, missed a couple and keeper saved a couple. Set Ty up for that sitter he missed - He will terrify defenders with his physicality and be a threat. Think of an oversized Danny Graham. Proper target man.

Yuki is a barrel chested work horse. Looks quite quick and buzzing around. Made loads of runs and brought other players like Ty and JRC in. Set up two chances and had a shot blocked on the goalie. He’s strong too, and won’t be pushed around. Flew into a few tackles and made and impact. Created a threat Think Paul Dickov 

Great to hear. Look forward to seeing them both on Friday

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Dust settled from last night, and I know it was ‘only’ Stockport, but I’m almost certain that Park and Rudy have significantly improved our no.9 situation and I’m willing to say that BOTH are better than Gally…

Gueye is a physical beast, strong with his back to goal. Links play up and got himself into more goal scoring positions than SG ever has. Should’ve had at least 3 goals, missed a couple and keeper saved a couple. Set Ty up for that sitter he missed - He will terrify defenders with his physicality and be a threat. Think of an oversized Danny Graham. Proper target man.

Yuki is a barrel chested work horse. Looks quite quick and buzzing around. Made loads of runs and brought other players like Ty and JRC in. Set up two chances and had a shot blocked on the goalie. He’s strong too, and won’t be pushed around. Flew into a few tackles and made and impact. Created a threat Think Paul Dickov 

I didn't watch it but the twitter feed from the club was constantly mentioning Gueye and Yuki being involved throughout. Friendly or not it was pleasing to see.

• Like 2

Someone is clearly back giving info to Nicko. I don’t think players who are plying their trade in the top leagues of Holland or Belgium are going to come into the championship and let themselves down. Hopefully he’s a good one, he’s just finishing playing in Go Aheads European Qualifiers and rumours on twitter are that Ajax wanted him as their number 2

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, FE123 said:

Someone is clearly back giving info to Nicko. I don’t think players who are plying their trade in the top leagues of Holland or Belgium are going to come into the championship and let themselves down. Hopefully he’s a good one, he’s just finishing playing in Go Aheads European Qualifiers and rumours on twitter are that Ajax wanted him as their number 2

John de Park

• Like 7

4 hours ago, bluebruce said:

If 9/10 million is right, setting an 8 mill release clause is fucking stupid and detrimental to Rovers. If we want to sell him at 8 mill we will sell him for 8 mill.

Nor would an 8 mill release clause stop clubs trying to lowball us. It won't. In Spain, players move for less than their release clauses all the time. Some people talk like minimum fee release clauses mean you can't accept a lower offer or something.

I don't know if it's £8 million, or even if there is one, it's just the figure which has been mooted.

It doesn't stop clubs coming in with a lower offer, but if both parties have agreed to the figure, then it stands to reason that the club has more power to stand it's ground, and the player has less grounds to take his ball home. 

If there’s any truth that we have agreed personal terms, we must be at or close to the fee they want for him to be allowed to speak to us surely. If Gueye is anything to go by it’s probably quite far down the line. Think Nicko got the heads up a day or two before with Gueye.

On 08/06/2024 at 11:05, Guest said:

7 names Ive heard that we are looking at, nothing concrete but they are on clubs radar

Ndidi

O’Hare

Sunjic

Murphy

Bielik

Joel Drommel

Mohamed Bamba 

Don’t jump on me they are the names being discussed high on the list, some or none might come off who knows 

From here @TugaysMarlboro

Edited by Forever Blue
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Forever Blue said:

JE saying he wants 3 0r 4 new players including a midfielder (CM presumably), wide players. Full backs and a GK. 

From LT article 

Have we just gone back in time a few weeks and I've missed it?

To be fair with the players we've lost (and will still likely leave), that's about right.

5 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

JE saying he wants 3 0r 4 new players including a midfielder (CM presumably), wide players. Full backs and a GK. 

From LT article 

Dutch keeper

Made up Georgian lad playing in Italy

Baker

Dembele & Gordon

Sorted.

That squad might just finish 21st.

Edited by MarkBRFC

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

I didn't watch it but the twitter feed from the club was constantly mentioning Gueye and Yuki being involved throughout. Friendly or not it was pleasing to see.

It was lovely to see mate.

Gally was SOOO passive for years and I’m 100% sure, that he would’ve just worked hard and blended into the background last night if he were playing. Both of the new lads made an impact. They took up threatening positions, moved defenders around and showed instinct! 🙌🏽

Im not saying these guys are world beaters, but it felt like when Brittain signed after years of Nyambe showing us how not to be a fullback, most of us having developed some type of Stockholm syndrome of acceptance and the you watch Brittain and think…”Ahhh so that’s what a good championship fullback actually looks like!” 🤣

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

Have we just gone back in time a few weeks and I've missed it?

To be fair with the players we've lost (and will still likely leave), that's about right.

He talks about the experienced players we’ve signed not playing every week and are here to help the group etc.

Im guessing the GK and winger we sign will play every week.

And if he wants a CM I’m guessing it’s because he doesn’t think there’s enough depth there, which is surprising. Or he doesn’t think there’s enough quality for how he wants his CMs to play. 

Or either Travis or Buckley are off. 

1 minute ago, MarkBRFC said:

Dutch keeper

Made up Georgian lad playing in Italy

Baker

Dembele & Gordon

Sorted.

That squad might just finish 21st.

Last season has no bearing on this. I think we’ll do ok. Mid table would be my guess. Eustace is a pragmatist who will make the priority not conceding. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

He talks about the experienced players we’ve signed not playing every week and are here to help the group etc.

Im guessing the GK and winger we sign will play every week.

And if he wants a CM I’m guessing it’s because he doesn’t think there’s enough depth there, which is surprising. Or he doesn’t think there’s enough quality for how he wants his CMs to play. 

Or either Travis or Buckley are off. 

We do need a CM now…Garrett has gone and JRC is made for that more advanced position and to support Brittain down the right.

Which means we now have Trav, Sonny and Buckley for two spots. 

Really pleased with the feedback on the 2 new lads from last night, despite the fact that we were only playing against Stockport.

Particularly happy with the Weimann signing too.

If we can then add this dutch GK, and a few or the reported players like Dembele, Gordon, Baker - then at the very least I think we’ll have moved away from relegation battle territory.

We might end up pleasantly surprised this season, some progress has been made.

Sammie will be a massive miss though, of course, but it is what it is - his head is fully turned at this point, it just needs wrapping up now. Really hope West Ham come in for him by the end of it, would be a dream come true for the lad.

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 7

26 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Last season has no bearing on this. I think we’ll do ok. Mid table would be my guess. Eustace is a pragmatist who will make the priority not conceding. 

Really?!

Over 40 goals from last season are walking through the door before the season starts, what have we replaced them with?

That alone should ring alarms bells and I could go on.

Its amazing what a few signings can do, but are these players really any good? Why are they coming to a mid table Championship club that doesn't pay very well?

I hope I'm wrong, of course I do, but I'm worried, very worried indeed as we are much weaker than last season, no doubt about that.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Take Szmodics out there are very few goals in the side.

New lads are a huge gamble that might or might not pay off, I personally think it will take a while for them to settle in.

• Like 1