BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

2 hours ago, neophox said:

Eustace says Sammie is in talks with Ipswich. That means we have agreed an fee or am I wrong?

Nar means nothing these days. Clubs and players can agree terms before the deal between the 2 clubs is agreed.

Rovers will have said its OK for Sammie to talk to Ipswich and the fee can be agreed later.

I'd imagine we have got the fee sorted as such already but it'll be the finer points that need finalising.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Looks like we tried to loan Drommel.

IMG_0061.png

Ugh, so it looks like we’re just looking to loan one of these Dutch GK’s… so short sighted.

We need a permanent who’ll be #1 for years to come. It’s a critical position that we need to fill and justifies proper investment, we don’t need to be trying to solve the same issue again next season.

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Typical rovers trying to do things on the cheap.  2 million euros is peanuts for an international keeper

Sounds like we’re moving for De Lange anyway - Go Ahead will want him sold so hopefully it’s a permanent.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 1

Just now, TheRevAshton said:

Ugh, so it looks like we’re just looking to loan one of these Dutch GK’s… so short sighted.

We need a permanent who’ll be #1 for years to come. It’s a critical position that we need to fill, we don’t need to be trying to solve the same issue again next season.

Go ahead eagles ain't going to be loaning us their number one, let's see how it plays out but if Nixon is correct and we are in for Lange,it will be a permanent deal

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Dust settled from last night, and I know it was ‘only’ Stockport, but I’m almost certain that Park and Rudy have significantly improved our no.9 situation and I’m willing to say that BOTH are better than Gally…

Gueye is a physical beast, strong with his back to goal. Links play up and got himself into more goal scoring positions than SG ever has. Should’ve had at least 3 goals, missed a couple and keeper saved a couple. Set Ty up for that sitter he missed - He will terrify defenders with his physicality and be a threat. Think of an oversized Danny Graham. Proper target man.

Yuki is a barrel chested work horse. Looks quite quick and buzzing around. Made loads of runs and brought other players like Ty and JRC in. Set up two chances and had a shot blocked on the goalie. He’s strong too, and won’t be pushed around. Flew into a few tackles and made and impact. Created a threat Think Paul Dickov 

This is pretty much how I saw it on the night, but I don't think we saw enough from Gueye's build up play to know if it's going to be a big weakness or not. He obviously knows how to use his body better than Gally (not difficult) but he kept it really simple with the ball at his feet. That's not a criticism at all, but it remains to be seen whether he's able to hold the ball up like Graham, who was a master at it.

Ohashi impressed me. Clever runs in behind, looks a bit bigger than I was expecting. Still too early to say one way or another but I can see him going well. 

3 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

This is pretty much how I saw it on the night, but I don't think we saw enough from Gueye's build up play to know if it's going to be a big weakness or not. He obviously knows how to use his body better than Gally (not difficult) but he kept it really simple with the ball at his feet. That's not a criticism at all, but it remains to be seen whether he's able to hold the ball up like Graham, who was a master at it.

Ohashi impressed me. Clever runs in behind, looks a bit bigger than I was expecting. Still too early to say one way or another but I can see him going well. 

Yeah, only time will tell…but both looked promising and more of a threat than Gally ever has.

• Like 1

We might not be a million miles away from avoiding the awful season we're expecting. The thing that concerns me is that I still don't believe they have sorted the defence out to be harder to beat. A lot rests on Hyam finding form or Batth stepping up and I'm not convinced by either. Pace out wide and goal keeper they really need to get right, those positions aren't just about getting bodies in the door, they need to be effective upgrades to not suffer around the bottom 3rd of the table for all of the season. If we can sort those positions with quality and get a couple of clean sheets early doors then it could settle everything down and bring some optimism. Get it wrong and it could set us up for a long hard season.

Next few weeks are absolutely massive for everyone at the club, players, manager and recruitment staff. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bethnal said:

Hmmm… seems to spill a lot of shots directly in front of him in this highlight reel. Almost a shame that there’s no such thing as a “lowlight reel” to understand if that’s a common problem.

Said it when signed Wahlstead … I don’t want to see the saves a keeper makes on a video … you learn much more about them seeing the ones they concede

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Surely if Garrett is to have a season at League 1 level then we are bringing a new midfielder in

Or are they expecting Travis to fill that gap? 

Eustace has said he wants a midfielder so we'll see.

7 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Surely if Garrett is to have a season at League 1 level then we are bringing a new midfielder in

Young Player of the Season let go on loan. Unless there is a significant signing, this looks a poor move for the team. Whatever Garrett’s limitations he can play in a variety of positions and has done well, especially in the Carabao Cup last year, albeit mostly against lower league opposition. 

I would hope the plan is for him to develop with regular football and to bring him back into the fold, especially if he does well. However, I think letting him go now suggests that he is not really in the plans and he’ll now be in the shop window, as it were.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

Young Player of the Season let go on loan. Unless there is a significant signing, this looks a poor move for the team. Whatever Garrett’s limitations he can play in a variety of positions and has done well, especially in the Carabao Cup last year, albeit mostly against lower league opposition. 

I would hope the plan is for him to develop with regular football and to bring him back into the fold, especially if he does well. However, I think letting him go now suggests that he is not really in the plans and he’ll now be in the shop window, as it were.

I'm in the complete opposite camp.

I think he won the YPOTS award by default last year. He barely featured, but we didn't break many Academy prospects in last season. A. Wharton would have won it at a canter if he'd have stayed. 

Garrett needs a consistent run of first team football - I hope he gets it at Bristol Rovers. Currently his development has stagnated. 

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

We defo need one - with JRC moving further forwards, we realistically have three (Trav, Sonny and Buckley) for two spots.

11 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

He needs regular games. He won't get that here.

I rate him and I think this loan should work well for all parties (assuming he gets into the team)

We have an option to recall in January should we need it.

• Like 5

Jackson stating we wanted an experienced keeper but now that we’ve signed 3 experienced players this week we’re also looking at other GKs of a different profile. He confirms De Lange is one of them, amongst others. 

Also saying Hill return very unlikely 

Edited by Forever Blue
  • Like 1

Hopefully Garrett comes back a better player. Full season of first team football will do him the world of good. Talent is there, a few saying Travis will be sold and I just can't see it happening. He's a leader and been given the responsibility of helping new lads bed in and was captain last night. Would have to be a fee we can't refuse and can't see sides paying it. Bucko is the most likely to leave, hasn't started in any game where the majority of first team are playing. He's either benched or stuck in the youth friendlies. Forced move last season as he just wants to play, can't see him being any different this season

Edited by Rover8T4
  • Like 1