BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

18 minutes ago, FE123 said:

One article reads that deLange was one of the standout keepers in the Eredivisie last season and is linked with a move to Ajax as their number 2, he must be commanding a decent fee with 2 years left on his contract.

£2m apparently

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MB Rover said:

Garrett is absolutely shocking. Young player of the season wasn’t difficult to win seen as he was the only one in the running 🤣

Agree - at 21 years old he aint showing anywhere near enough for me.

1 hour ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

He's a total poser, footbaling wise he's not much better than Jason Lowe. Plenty of huffNpuff but little ability and end product.

Like a division one Robbie Savage

As posted before, when he first broke through thought we had a 'find' - sadly, IMO, regressed badly under Mowbray.  A decent fee and he'd have to go for me.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dolan or Weimann would be ideal man to play that pressing number 10 role.

I expect a couple of loans but the keeper signing looks like a permanent signing. Do you have opinion on either keeper we have been linked to yesterday? Given what we know would you be happy with either? 

Dolan's 'pressing role' should be only to the exit door.  IMO, overrated, flatters to deceive and a little upstart.

I know video highlights can be misleading but de Lange looks a 'proper goalie'!  A good tall physique, reads the game well, very athletic and really strong hands - totally different class to Pears.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Rover8T4 said:

Hopefully Garrett comes back a better player. Full season of first team football will do him the world of good. Talent is there, a few saying Travis will be sold and I just can't see it happening. He's a leader and been given the responsibility of helping new lads bed in and was captain last night. Would have to be a fee we can't refuse and can't see sides paying it. Bucko is the most likely to leave, hasn't started in any game where the majority of first team are playing. He's either benched or stuck in the youth friendlies. Forced move last season as he just wants to play, can't see him being any different this season

We cant afford to lose either. The squad is still small, we need all 3 midfielders plus at least 1 more.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dolan or Weimann would be ideal man to play that pressing number 10 role.

More transfer targets

very true, from what you and others have said, totally not sure why a Spanish team would sign him. 

Eustace as said he wants a Centre midfielder signing before the window

I expect a couple of loans but the keeper signing looks like a permanent signing. Do you have opinion on either keeper we have been linked to yesterday? Given what we know would you be happy with either? 

I dont have an opinion on this De Lange as an individual as I have never heard of him. But I have been very consistent in wanting a goalkeeper of a good age that can be our number 1 for a few years. You have defended Eustace for apparently wanting Ruddy and have been quite welcoming of the idea of signing an old fogey. (Begovic, Krul)

So in terms of the idea of signing a goalkeeper who was number 1 at a side that has done well in the Dutch League, a decent standard, for a fee, good age, I think it ticks a lot of boxes assuming that he signs and is any good.

I just hope that any deal is done soon and he starts the first game. I dont want Pears to be in the team and I dont want any new keeper to be eased in. He will cost us points.

• Like 3

See people are saying we are spending money now. This is not a surprise, with what we’ve had come into the club in the past year.

My question to ask is, with the money we’ve brought in, are they spending some money, as it’s the beginning of the three year cycle again for FFP?

Personally, I still think we need the following permanently - 1 x GK, 1 x LB, 1 x CM, 1 x Winger. 

If (or when) we sell Sammie, we could get on loan his replacement, 1 x winger and 1 x CF.

Wishful thinking, but one can hope.

2 minutes ago, Moptop1 said:

See people are saying we are spending money now. This is not a surprise, with what we’ve had come into the club in the past year.

My question to ask is, with the money we’ve brought in, are they spending some money, as it’s the beginning of the three year cycle again for FFP?

Personally, I still think we need the following permanently - 1 x GK, 1 x LB, 1 x CM, 1 x Winger. 

If (or when) we sell Sammie, we could get on loan his replacement, 1 x winger and 1 x CF.

Wishful thinking, but one can hope.

It’s a rolling 3 years.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Dolan's 'pressing role' should be only to the exit door.  IMO, overrated, flatters to deceive and a little upstart.

I remember you telling the us that Posh had:

"Pulled our pants down with Sammie Szmodics"

"The championship level is to high for Sammie Szmodics"

"The lads out of his depth, he just doesn't have it".......

Dolans a decent player in an average team and he's not a little upstart at all, get down to Ewood and take a look.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 8

4 minutes ago, Gav said:

Dolans a decent player in an average team and he's not a little upstart at all, get down to Ewood and take a look.

I was watching Dolan last night and honestly, I would offer him some more cash and get an extension over the line.

He flatters to deceive and struggles at time for end product but he can play and most of all, he’s “all in”…I know, I’m going soft in my old age!

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I was watching Dolan last night and honestly, I would offer him some more cash and get an extension over the line.

He flatters to deceive and struggles at time for end product but he can play and most of all, he’s “all in”…I know, I’m going soft in my old age!

He’s got quality has the lad, but he’s here because he lacks consistency. If he had consistency he’d be playing at a much higher level.

Young lad as well, get him signed up.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Jackson said that Dolan does want to stay, but the financial offer on the table wasn't acceptable to him.

If Dolan is going to be playing in the Szmodics role (and he stated two years ago that he wants to play centrally) then I think it might suit him more. He can score, and I think it could turn out to be a good year for him. I think the club should just put this to bed and give him an acceptable offer. It's gone on for far too long, and he does want to stay at Rovers.

siggy should play in the sammie role,i think he`s got a better final pass and is a better finisher than dolan,he is injury prone though

24 minutes ago, Gav said:

and I wasn't the only one!!!!

Anyhow, delighted Szmodics proved me wrong in his second season with us.

As for Dolan, I'll stick with my opinion, however, I would be absolutely delighted if he has a storming season for us but I wont be holding my breath!

By the way, have you found Dyche in La Manga yet!?!?

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, goozburger said:

Jackson said that Dolan does want to stay, but the financial offer on the table wasn't acceptable to him.

If Dolan is going to be playing in the Szmodics role (and he stated two years ago that he wants to play centrally) then I think it might suit him more. He can score, and I think it could turn out to be a good year for him. I think the club should just put this to bed and give him an acceptable offer. It's gone on for far too long, and he does want to stay at Rovers.

He’s a good player, he looks dangerous and works hard.

Like you say, if he can find his groove and start finishing there’s nothing stopping him getting 15-20 goal / assists a season.

He just seems like such a great lad too. It was weird being sat so close to the pitch yesterday. I was sat near the the tunnel in the away end and you could hear and see everything.

Trav, Dolan, Eustace and Carter came off really well. Constantly encouraging and talking to the lads. Dolan in particular kept high giving the two new lads when he was up with them…seems like a great lad!

• Like 1