BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

• Moderation Lead
45 minutes ago, TommyRovers said:

Gallagher subbed for Ennis. The horror.

Like farting to mask the smell of poo.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Dolan's 'pressing role' should be only to the exit door.  IMO, overrated, flatters to deceive and a little upstart.

Totally agree. What we should be doing is getting him to sign a new 4 year contract and be a key player for us. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont have an opinion on this De Lange as an individual as I have never heard of him. But I have been very consistent in wanting a goalkeeper of a good age that can be our number 1 for a few years. You have defended Eustace for apparently wanting Ruddy and have been quite welcoming of the idea of signing an old fogey. (Begovic, Krul)

So in terms of the idea of signing a goalkeeper who was number 1 at a side that has done well in the Dutch League, a decent standard, for a fee, good age, I think it ticks a lot of boxes assuming that he signs and is any good.

I just hope that any deal is done soon and he starts the first game. I dont want Pears to be in the team and I dont want any new keeper to be eased in. He will cost us points.

No I gave an opinion that Eustace will know more about Ruddy and whether he still has it given he was his head coach last season. That's all I did. Yes I would have taken Begovic given he played all games last season for QPR. 

I think De Lange meet the type of keeper we both want in terms of playing well in a good standard of league like the Dutch league, good age as you say and can be our number 1 for a few seasons. Its looks like we are close to agreeing a fee for him. 

Then its just 3 more signings in left back, left winger with pace and centre midfielder? You agree? 

17 minutes ago, Mercer said:

and I wasn't the only one!!!!

Anyhow, delighted Szmodics proved me wrong in his second season with us.

As for Dolan, I'll stick with my opinion, however, I would be absolutely delighted if he has a storming season for us but I wont be holding my breath!

By the way, have you found Dyche in La Manga yet!?!?

To be fair, Dolan was on real form last season, our form fell off a cliff after his injury against Birmingham. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Stoke fans re Gally….Gooze is savage! 🤣

5C545809-A78E-442E-A324-AFAFC9B6817A.jpeg

If only we had held off on selling Telalovic, We could have probably got at least £750K from Stoke for him at this stage.

Year in, year out, they spend millions on absolute rubbish

Think they only have Ennis left up front now

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Totally agree. What we should be doing is getting him to sign a new 4 year contract and be a key player for us. 

No I gave an opinion that Eustace will know more about Ruddy and whether he still has it given he was his head coach last season. That's all I did. Yes I would have taken Begovic given he played all games last season for QPR. 

I think De Lange meet the type of keeper we both want in terms of playing well in a good standard of league like the Dutch league, good age as you say and can be our number 1 for a few seasons. Its looks like we are close to agreeing a fee for him. 

Then its just 3 more signings in left back, left winger with pace and centre midfielder? You agree? 

Why did you want Begovic or a similar old keeper when you agree that one for the longer term would be more suitable?

A number 1 for a few seasons is what we need for sure. Not someone who is past their best. Someone who goes into the team immediately because Pears isnt up to it.

I stil think we could do with a couple on top of that ideally. Probably another winger because we dont have any pace at all (would want more than one pacy player and would like players who can cross) and a right back.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Like farting to mask the smell of poo.

🤣. That made me laugh far more than it should've done.

Have had to take the dog to the vets today & leave her there as she's not well so that cheered me up a bit. Thanks. 

• Like 5

Ideal end of window for me now would be...

New first choice keeper, with an experienced one in as back up.

New left back who can slot into a 3 at the back

Two new wingers, one loan and one permanent 

New CM

Another striker.

Offload - Pears, Hyam, Markandey, Sigurdsson & Vale.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Why did you want Begovic or a similar old keeper when you agree that one for the longer term would be more suitable?

A number 1 for a few seasons is what we need for sure. Not someone who is past their best. Someone who goes into the team immediately because Pears isnt up to it.

I stil think we could do with a couple on top of that ideally. Probably another winger because we dont have any pace at all (would want more than one pacy player and would like players who can cross) and a right back.

That's a fair point but this was before we signed the 3 players we have who add us that experience. 

For me, we don't need a right back as I think Duru is ready for playing back up role to Brittain. left back is more of issue for me. I think one winger is enough if Sigurdsson stays. Not convince he will be here by the end of the window. 

On 02/08/2024 at 12:36, neophox said:

To me it looks likely Buckley may leave...he was loaned out last season and hasn't impressed when returned. Sigurdsson may leave if he don't sign a new contract as well will Dolan if not signing a new deal.

I still think that Buckley will make a player. Not bothered about Dolan. He thinks he's better than he is,

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

That's a fair point but this was before we signed the 3 players we have who add us that experience. 

For me, we don't need a right back as I think Duru is ready for playing back up role to Brittain. left back is more of issue for me. I think one winger is enough if Sigurdsson stays. Not convince he will be here by the end of the window. 

If Brittain picks up an injury this week, would you start Duru or put JRC there?

Hopefully Sigurdsson does go. Not good enough, same with Markanday. Even if its a case of buying a winger and loaning one, fine.

I don't know anything at all about this possible new GK.
But he's not Pears, so I'd be delighted if there is actually anything in it.

Sheffield at home would have marked Pears' card as far as JE was concerned - and rightly so.

If we can get a decent GK in as well as a couple of Prem loans, I'll admit that they've done a decent enough job of this transfer window.

We were told weeks/months ago that there were funds for transfers, so it's nice to see some bodies in the door.

15 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

🤣. That made me laugh far more than it should've done.

Have had to take the dog to the vets today & leave her there as she's not well so that cheered me up a bit. Thanks. 

Hope she's ok

• Like 5

On 29/07/2024 at 21:17, Mercer said:

Read this thread this morning and thought how sad and depressing.

Just catching up with the latest on here and now even more sad and depressing.

Think it's clear we've become even more of a shambles, if that's possible, under Waggott and Pasha - I think the club's stock must be at an all time low in the game.

Hope I am wrong but think these latest signings, if we even manage to get them over the line, reak of utter desperation.

IMO, will take a miracle for us not to get relegated this season.

I don’t agree we have made some smart signing with a new LB, GK, Winger then we are a pretty strong team or a least stronger than last year. Weimann stats are better than Gally, we got more experience in the team James Hill would be cherry on the cake. Overall I find the squad far stronger if we finish the window correctly.

Good thing about JRC is that he can play at RB, Duru can learn as well from them. 

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

If Brittain picks up an injury this week, would you start Duru or put JRC there?

No way would I put JRC there. He is more of threat further forward and I hoping he can stay fit for most of the season and get into double figures for goals

Duru for me

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Hopefully Sigurdsson does go. Not good enough, same with Markanday. Even if its a case of buying a winger and loaning one, fine.

Markanday I would loan out to loan to a league 1 club, He needs regular first team football now. 

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No way would I put JRC there.

JRC's best games for Rovers have been as a right wing-back. That's where he made his breakthrough for the first team and played superbly for months on end.

For me, this idea of moving him into midfield or as a winger is a vanity project. He might play OK there, but I bet he will have nowhere near the consistency an impact that he had as a right wing-back.

Truthfully, I'd be moving Brittain on and putting JRC in his place.

Edited by goozburger
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, goozburger said:

JRC's best games for Rovers have been as a right wing-back. That's where he made his breakthrough for the first team and played superbly for months on end.

For me, this idea of moving him into midfield or as a winger is a vanity project. He might play OK there, but I bet he will have nowhere near the consistency that he had as a right wing-back.

JRC was very good in CM under JDT until he got his injury. He looked a real goal threat and made some great runs into the box. I think the role JE has earmarked him for is perfect. Quality player. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

If anybody thinks he’s better than he is, it’s John Buckley.

Yeah, I think he’s not cut out for Championship football, which there’s no shame in. Has the ability, but neither the intelligence nor the consistency for it.

4 minutes ago, goozburger said:

For me, this idea of moving him into midfield or as a winger is a vanity project. He might play OK there, but I bet he will have nowhere near the consistency an impact that he had as a right wing-back.

Agreed. He did well playing that role and moving into midfield occasionally as part of it but I don’t think he has the command of that position to make it his own. If Duru impresses, I’d look to move on Brittain, put JRC there and have Duru as understudy. If not, keep Brittain as the relief pitcher to try to maintain fitness for JRC through recovery.

5 minutes ago, goozburger said:

JRC is a goal threat and playing in the role Eustace has in pre season is a smart move but surprising move. 

No way Would I be moving Brittain. He will thrive playing the role Eustace wants him to play

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

brittain is ok if you push him further up the pitch,defensively he`s liability,got to be played wide ,right sided

Not sure how you quoted me when I didn’t say it! Goozeburger said it and I couldn’t disagree more.

Edited by Forever Blue

2 hours ago, imy9 said:

IMG_7387.jpeg

Very promising. Looks like it's a done deal. That will be our best signing of the window so far.

I expect Pears to leave before the end of the window and a loan cover to come in as back up. He will want to be a number 1 somewhere. Which club would see him as a number 1 keeper is another matter though.

Unfortunately for Pears, he’s been good in pockets, but the error against Wednesday was the nail in his coffin as a possible number one at Rovers. Sounds like they could be trying to move him out if they want Ruddy as well

He may want a move if he knows we are bringing in a new number 1

• Like 3