BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

21 minutes ago, FE123 said:

Unfortunately for Pears, he’s been good in pockets, but the error against Wednesday was the nail in his coffin as a possible number one at Rovers. Sounds like they could be trying to move him out if they want Ruddy as well

He may want a move if he knows we are bringing in a new number 1

Rudy Gestede will be Head of my Heart if he ships Pears out. 

32 minutes ago, FE123 said:

Unfortunately for Pears, he’s been good in pockets, but the error against Wednesday was the nail in his coffin as a possible number one at Rovers. Sounds like they could be trying to move him out if they want Ruddy as well

He may want a move if he knows we are bringing in a new number 1

I feel like the mistake v Sheffield Wednesday was so bad, that it actually took the focus away from the fact that he made so many mistakes across the course of the season. He is a liability in general but now all that people refer back to is that one fluke.

46 minutes ago, goozburger said:

JRC's best games for Rovers have been as a right wing-back. That's where he made his breakthrough for the first team and played superbly for months on end.

For me, this idea of moving him into midfield or as a winger is a vanity project. He might play OK there, but I bet he will have nowhere near the consistency an impact that he had as a right wing-back.

Truthfully, I'd be moving Brittain on and putting JRC in his place.

I definitely agree that he played his best football at right back. I felt like he was not half as effective in midfield, maybe him wide/further forward will be beneficial.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, windymiller7 said:

🤣. That made me laugh far more than it should've done.

Have had to take the dog to the vets today & leave her there as she's not well so that cheered me up a bit. Thanks. 

I hope you pooch recovers fully.  

• Like 3

Wait…I am getting really excited for season starting? Is that just because it’s so close or because we have genuinely bolstered and it’s a bit of the unknown…If it stays as is and we lose SS, that’s the only big loss? Appreciate this time sneaked staying up but add to the ‘unknown’ equation is a preseason for Eustace and a chance to write his own script. Am I getting ahead of myself?!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

I wonder if Stoke need a new keeper...

I know you're taking the piss but ironically that's the one position they appear to have recruited well in.

Selling Gally must be the sale of the century. Seems Rovers would accept 15m for Szmodicz. Ipswich would not pay that so he may stay.

Time for Promotion push now we have Gueye upfront with Szmodicz behind...

Edited by neophox

On 23/02/2024 at 11:01, RoversClitheroe said:

Right seen us linked with 2 people recently all United Academy players:

• Adam Berry
  • Will Fish

Obviously Duncan McGuire won't be signing.

Adam Berry has joined Stockport on a season long loan. Quality signing for them!

6 minutes ago, neophox said:

Selling Gally must be the sale of the century. Seems Rovers would accept 15m for Szmodicz. Ipswich would not pay that so he may stay.

Where you getting £15m from?

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, neophox said:

GoAheadEagles missed out on going to conference league so may need to sell their goalie.

Why? Or are you just spouting your usual random drivel? They're not exactly European regulars? They only got promoted back to the top flight a few years ago.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, unleaded said:

French scoring machine Mafoumbi scored on his debut today for the under 21s  Vs Hull ….Another  Rudy  Gestede production …. 

Any chance he might be good enough to move straight into first team contention ?

44 minutes ago, neophox said:

There’s no way Sammie is still a Rovers player come the end of the window.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Butty said:

There’s no way Sammie is still a Rovers player come the end of the window.

Agreed - if between Ipswich and Rovers we don’t find a deal soon, he’s going to royally throw his toys out the pram. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, J*B said:

Agreed - if between Ipswich and Rovers we don’t find a deal soon, he’s going to royally throw his toys out the pram. 

Is that what Szmodic will do, or what you would do ? 

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

Is that what Szmodic will do, or what you would do ? 

It’s what I predict Szmodics will do if we don’t allow him to make life changing money for his family. 

• Like 1