BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

37 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Any chance he might be good enough to move straight into first team contention ?

Nantes fans were not happy to see him go. They said that he could have made their first team this season. I don't know what he was earning there, and what he is earning here, but I would have assumed that playing first team football at Nantes, would have been better than Under 21/s here 

Szmodics won't be throwing his toys out the pram anytime soon. If he doesn't go Ipswich and no one else comes in for him he'll happily stay here. If he's asked to play against Derby on Friday he'll play, just the type of guy he is. 

Let's not pretend hes unhappy here, far from it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TommyRovers said:

Szmodics won't be throwing his toys out the pram anytime soon. If he doesn't go Ipswich and no one else comes in for him he'll happily stay here. If he's asked to play against Derby on Friday he'll play, just the type of guy he is. 

Which is what Eustace said yesterday. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TommyRovers said:

7 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Which is what Eustace said yesterday. 

Give over, of course Eustave is going to say that…Your telling me that if we cock block szmodics, imo, last opportunity to get to the premiership, he’s going to just craic on? He may well have to contractually but no way he’s going to be happy, would you be? 

Edited by BankEnd Rover

1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Give over, of course Eustave is going to say that…Your telling me that if we cock block szmodics, imo, last opportunity to get to the premiership, he’s going to just craic on? He may well have to contractually but no way he’s going to be the same player.

Yes. We aren't talking about an unhappy player here.

8 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Give over, of course Eustave is going to say that…Your telling me that if we cock block szmodics, imo, last opportunity to get to the premiership, he’s going to just craic on? He may well have to contractually but no way he’s going to be the same player.

Give over what? I was just pointing out TommyRover was repeating what Eustace said. I didn’t say I believed it.

It was actually a subtle dig at TommyRover for pretending he knows what SS will do if he doesn’t get a move.

Keep up.

Edited by Forever Blue

3 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Well I’m sorry to say that that’s complete bullsh*t…By all means he’ll get on with things but come on now.

This is where agreeing a sell on clause/gentleman's agreement or whatever should work in Rovers' favour. 

If both parties agreed a figure when Szmodics renewed his contract so recently, he can't really have grounds to take his ball home. 

Edited by M_B

7 minutes ago, TommyRovers said:

I can’t believe this for a second. He’s not unhappy that we may (or may not) refuse him the biggest opportunity of his career on treble, maybe even four-times as much money at age 29?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TommyRovers said:

If his agent had showdown talks with the club last week, then that should tell us all where Sammie wants to be. The question isn't about him being unhappy right now. It'll be how unhappy he might be if he doesn't get a dream move to play in the Premier League.

• Like 1

Just now, J*B said:

I can’t believe this for a second. He’s not unhappy that we may (or may not) refuse him the biggest opportunity of his career on treble, maybe even four-times as much money at age 29?

He has said it himself. He would be happy to stay here. he isn't going to throw his toys out of the pram if he doesn't join Ipswich Town. If we cock blocked a move to a bigger team ie West Ham, thats a different question.

1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I don’t need to, his only opp for the prem and a huge pay rise? Nahh you’re alrite I’ll stick around at deadwood.

Buy you don’t know how he’ll react. Try to understand what’s being said.

Edited by Forever Blue

Even In that podcast with Big Sam he said he was happy here, he is under contract .He just said it's every players desire to play in the top league and if a prem club comes calling he hoped the club would be understanding.

If Ipswich are low balling us with 6..7..8..million offers then what can Szmodic kick off about? 

I agree he deserves a prem move after the season he has had but it a prem team wants him then pay up

Edited by islander200
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Even In that podcast with Big Sam he said he was happy here, he is under contract .

If Ipswich are low balling us with 6..7..8..million offers then what can Szmodic kick off about? 

Bingo. 

14 minutes ago, TommyRovers said:

Where you hearing that from? It's the complete opposite to what I've heard.

7 minutes ago, J*B said:

So we should just sell him for whatever bid from a prem team comes in?

If Ipswich want him then pay the price.Their first bid that was rejected was £6 million(reportedly)ffs

9 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I have a feeling that a gentleman's agreement may have been made when Szmodics signed his contract extension with us last season, possibly in a similar vain to what might have been discussed with Phillips and Wharton when they signed their contracts; that the club would work to move them on to bigger things if they helped the club protect their value.

Surely nobody, except Ipswich Town, thinks that £6m or £8m plus add-ons is anywhere close to what is acceptable for the Championship's top scorer last season. But, if the Szmodics camp isn't happy with the club officials for not accepting bids of that value, then it could well be that they are not honouring their word to move him on after the value he's given to the club.

It's all an assumption, of course, but I think that's what has happened.

I'm aware of the podcast from watching it some time ago, but the impression I got is that he wants to play in the Premier League. It's the dream for all of them. I think he knows full-well that he had such an amazing season that it's a fairly safe bet to say the right thing; that he would happily continue at Rovers, but it's not really looking that way to me. He'll 100% be wanting to move.

While I'm here, the club also said that Adam Wharton wanted the move to the Premier League, too, yet there was some sort of belief that he didn't want to go. Claptrap! Of course he'll have wanted to go! Think that top drawer players want to stay at a club languishing in the Championship rather than move on to the Premier League, no matter what they say, is naive.

Edited by goozburger
  • Like 3