BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Same reason Gent and Gallagher didn't play - the club doesn't want to risk the player getting injured before a transfer move.

You can't play if you're not even in the same postcode

Szmodics should and has to be sold this window, for the sake of his future and us making the best value. He will say want we all want to hear in interviews because that’s the moral thing and he’s a professional. 

I have no doubt that he will “carry on” if he stays but there’s no way he’ll be the same player. This is his only and last chance of experiencing the prem and by all means i agree with us wanting the best offer, but he will praying this move happens.

• Like 4

I'd be very happy for Szmodics to stay. There would be damage in August as I doubt we'd see him on the pitch and he'd need a couple of games to get upto speed. But then, what choice does he have? If he's not playing for the club he'll play for himself to potentially keep a move alive in January. 

Ipswich are taking the piss big time. If Szmods was younger we'd be demanding £25million plus. Just because he's nearly 29 it doesn't mean his value is a paltry £6-8 million. In my eyes £12million is fair and if Ipswich want him, it's about time they paid the fee.

You can guarantee if there were another club showing genuine interest they'd shit the bed and pay it in a heart beat. In this instance I'm very happy for us to walk away from any deal. I'd be reasonably confident of survival this season if he stays and I can't say the same without him.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Szmodics should and has to be sold this window, for the sake of his future and us making the best value. He will say want we all want to hear in interviews because that’s the moral thing and he’s a professional. 

I have no doubt that he will “carry on” if he stays but there’s no way he’ll be the same player. This is his only and last chance of experiencing the prem and by all means i agree with us wanting the best offer, but he will praying this move happens.

If there was a clause/agreement reached as recently as December, there shouldn't be a problem either way. 

Either a club meets the recently agreed valuation, or Szmodics stays where he is. 

37 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Eustace said post match yesterday that Batth, McFadzean and Weimann likely wont be involved for 3 or 4 weeks. 

Bloody joke, why leave signings so late and then have old ones trying to catch up after missing a full pre season.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

I'd be very happy for Szmodics to stay. There would be damage in August as I doubt we'd see him on the pitch and he'd need a couple of games to get upto speed. But then, what choice does he have? If he's not playing for the club he'll play for himself to potentially keep a move alive in January. 

Ipswich are taking the piss big time. If Szmods was younger we'd be demanding £25million plus. Just because he's nearly 29 it doesn't mean his value is a paltry £6-8 million. In my eyes £12million is fair and if Ipswich want him, it's about time they paid the fee.

You can guarantee if there were another club showing genuine interest they'd shit the bed and pay it in a heart beat. In this instance I'm very happy for us to walk away from any deal. I'd be reasonably confident of survival this season if he stays and I can't say the same without him.

If selling him means we can invest on other areas of the pitch this window then I completely disagree…Of course we’d never know with these owners.

What are we keeping him for, seems like we’ve replaced him. He’s not going to repeat last seasons figures so his value is highest now…Sell.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

9 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

I'd be very happy for Szmodics to stay.

You just know he'll go at the last minute and the Club will argue there wasn't time to get a replacement in.

In reality we've probably signed the replacement already. God help us.

Let’s say the Ipswich move falls through for Szmodics.

I know he’s a fit lad but he’s not played a pre season game since Accrington and he went off injured during that game.

In the highly unlikely scenario that he stays with Rovers, our best player isn’t match fit…

1 hour ago, Tricky said:

Any chance getting we're in for loanee Billy Koumetio again? 

Felt he did more in his loan spell than Hyam in his last few final games last season 

There have been a couple of reports that Liverpool will let him go permanently, and potentially for free/a small fee. Honestly if his wages were reasonable I wouldn't object, very raw but big, strong, left footed cb/fb with the potential to develop and sell on for a profit. Some nice touches in the cup game. Plugs a hole.

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Bloody joke, why leave signings so late and then have old ones trying to catch up after missing a full pre season.

What has been left out is that Eustace did also say that they will be monitored to see if they can be involved in the upcoming games.

I think these players will be more valuable to the side later on in the season when the squad begins to tire and experienced heads are needed to see us through games.

• Like 3

Szmodics is going, I have no doubt in my mind about it. They’re openly admitting he’s in discussions with Ipswich and have tried to attract more bidders by setting a deadline. The asking price has put Leeds, among others, off and now we’re left with haggling with Ipswich. Probably a lot of small clauses in there but would think at his age and seeing as Ipswich are probably one of the relegation favourites, Rovers are trying to get as much as possible upfront. £10m rising to £12m perhaps?

He can then be replaced with an expensive PL loan or another overseas player (or is our quota full?). Wonder who they have lined up. 

14 minutes ago, goozburger said:

What has been left out is that Eustace did also say that they will be monitored to see if they can be involved in the upcoming games.

I think these players will be more valuable to the side later on in the season when the squad begins to tire and experienced heads are needed to see us through games.

Carter and Hyam is a solid enough partnership to kick off the new season with but both struggled with injuries last season. Carter was a big miss last year and has the potential for PoTS. 

39 minutes ago, AspRover said:

There have been a couple of reports that Liverpool will let him go permanently, and potentially for free/a small fee. Honestly if his wages were reasonable I wouldn't object, very raw but big, strong, left footed cb/fb with the potential to develop and sell on for a profit. Some nice touches in the cup game. Plugs a hole.

He was hopeless. He didnt look like he has been on a football pitch before, and made numerous mistakes in a short time, then was never seen again.

• Like 2

Just now, Torgeir said:

Carter and Hyam is a solid enough partnership to kick off the new season with but both struggled with injuries last season. Carter was a big miss last year and has the potential for PoTS. 

When he did play both before and after injury he himself struggled. He didnt get the same flak as Hyam but both need to revert back to the form shown in the season prior.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

When he did play both before and after injury he himself struggled. He didnt get the same flak as Hyam but both need to revert back to the form shown in the season prior.

Tbf everyone besides Szmodics struggled last season. Thought Carter looked good after a few games back and has more pace than our other CBs. Can also carry the ball out and has experience as RB as well. People mentioning Pickering in a three-back line should remember how many aerial duels he loses and what a liability he is on that front. I’m hoping we do so well that we will say in May what a waste it was to sign McFadz as he hardly got on the pitch, but it’s a bit McDreamy I suppose. 

1 hour ago, Penwortham Blue said:

All just to save paying salaries for two months!! How short sighted can you get. What an idiot Swag is. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He was hopeless. He didnt look like he has been on a football pitch before, and made numerous mistakes in a short time, then was never seen again.

My memory of that game is that he looked an absolute bomb scare for the first five to ten minutes after coming on but then settled down and did quite well. I remember a marauding run down the left after a neat bit of ball control.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AspRover said:

My memory of that game is that he looked an absolute bomb scare for the first five to ten minutes after coming on but then settled down and did quite well. I remember a marauding run down the left after a neat bit of ball control.

That touch was the only thing he did right and even then he didnt know what to do next.

48 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Kaide Gordon not in Liverpool squad tonight but was in the last game. On his way back over?

Waching the game. Think I saw him sitting on the bench even if he's not in the squad 

29 minutes ago, briansol said:

Waching the game. Think I saw him sitting on the bench even if he's not in the squad 

Yeah I think I saw him too.

Impressed with the Colleyer lad at utd, would be a good loan option in centre mid.

7 hours ago, Beanie01289 said:

I have no idea why anyone who supports blackburn rovers is advocating we sell our 30 goal player on the cheap because in their opinion ( and that's all it is either way) he will down tools As I say if when he signed the deal there was an agreement then the club should honour it if there is not then unless there is an acceptable bid  then the player should honour his commitments.

I'm with you on this, I still have pride in the clubs name regardless of Venky's and I'm not giving any nod to Ipswich low balling us and giving Sammie "a dream move" that some are suggesting.

We are Blackburn Rovers not a non league club stopping somebody getting a pro contract. Sammie spoke a lot about how close he is to his agent during the Allardyce interview, they will know the figure and it's his agents job to get other clubs up to that figure! 

• Like 2

I’m starting to wonder if the supposed gentleman’s agreement between SS, his agent and Rovers that he can leave for £8m to a Prem club, is bollocks. 

Can’t believe there would be a hold up over that fee as it’s very reasonable.

Edited by Forever Blue