BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

6 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Yeah I think it will be more about Travis wanting to leave than Eustace pushing him out.

We basically told him we dont value him.

The team that wanted him ultimately got promoted. Ergo its quite logical that Travis will think he can do better elsewhere, with the extra money and longer contract etc a move will bring.

The people who didn’t value him (JDT and maybe GB) have moved on so unless Trav is holding a grudge against the club I can’t imagine that’s the reason. JE is apparently  very good on the man management side so I’m sure he would have welcomed Trav back and assuaged any lingering fears Trav may have had.

I think it’s more likely JE prefers Baker and a swap deal suits everyone involved. 

Edited by Forever Blue

1 minute ago, Forever Blue said:

The people who didn’t value him (JDT and maybe GB) have moved on so unless Trav is holding a grudge against the club I can’t imagine that’s the reason. JE is apparently  very good on the man management side so I’m sure he would have welcomed Trav back and assuaged any lingering fears Trav may have had.

I think it’s more likely JE prefers Baker and a swap deal suits everyone involved. 

Hmmm…I think you buy into the institution not individuals. When they (the club) sanctioned the club captain being loaned out, mid season there’s a good chance they completely severed the relationship.

I would actually prefer Travis to stay and even if JE doesn’t rate him as highly, I don’t think he would want to lose him. 

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Hmmm…I think you buy into the institution not individuals. When they (the club) sanctioned the club captain being loaned out, mid season there’s a good chance they completely severed the relationship.

I would actually prefer Travis to stay and even if JE doesn’t rate him as highly, I don’t think he would want to lose him. 

The falling out was with JDT. Not Rovers. Unless he’s holding a grudge. Maybe other people at the club pissed him off. I don’t agree you buy into an institution, I’m not even sure what that means! 

Maybe the new environment at Ipswich made him realise he wanted a clean break from Rovers and JE is happy to let him go. 

1 minute ago, Upside Down said:

So like Tim Sherwood, who was a number 4 😉

Yeah, it used to be 4 and 8 in there…just evolution.

Weird that Sherwood wore number 4. Cannot for the life of me remember ‘Doris! breaking the play up! 🤣

5 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

The falling out was with JDT. Not Rovers. Unless he’s holding a grudge. Maybe other people at the club pissed him off. I don’t agree you buy into an institution, I’m not even sure what that means! 

Maybe the new environment at Ipswich made him realise he wanted a clean break from Rovers and JE is happy to let him go. 

I suspect this goes way above JDT and Eustace. I think he knows that he's on 'the list' of people identified for departure due to a combination of his wage, contract and market value.

The 'powers that be' will see a 7 figure fee and relatively large wage out the door and will be conspiring to make that happen.

Many others been in a similar position over the last decade under this group of people.

Hard to come back from that whatever your thoughts on the manager/club.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Employees are managed by managers but their ties are linked to the whole club. IF the club had backed him and not JDT at Christmas then it would’ve been a different case.

The saddest thing about it is that they sacked JDT weeks after bowing to him on Travis.

I hope JE can repair the damage but I have a feeling he’s keen to go. Best mates with Sam G and Garrett apparently…👀

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I suspect this goes way above JDT and Eustace. I think he knows that he's on 'the list' of people identified for departure due to a combination of his wage, contract and market value.

The 'powers that be' will see a 7 figure fee and relatively large wage out the door and will be conspiring to make that happen.

Many others been in a similar position over the last decade under this group of people.

Makes very little sense your point here if it’s a swap deal for baker. His wages will be much higher then Travis so it wouldn’t be a large wage out of the door it would be a bigger wage in

1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

Employees are managed by managers but their ties are linked to the whole club. IF the club had backed him and not JDT at Christmas then it would’ve been a different case.

The saddest thing about it is that they sacked JDT weeks after bowing to him on Travis.

I hope JE can repair the damage but I have a feeling he’s keen to go. Best mates with Sam G and Garrett apparently…👀

If the club had backed Travis over JDT we would have been even more of a laughing stock. 

travis is shite, I have no idea how anyone can think he is anywhere near decent. This is the man who was pulled off after 45 mins of cowardly football against millwall with playoffs on the line.

Seems that JE has realised the same and wants shut. 

• Like 4

Late to the uproar, but I don’t think we should be letting Szmodics away on the cheap. Ipswich have wasted £15m + £5m in add-ons bringing in Liam Delap. I think the reasonable point would be, “if that’s what you’re spending on 12 goals in two seasons in the Championship, you can get to £10m + £2m for 27 goals last season/top goalscorer.” That’s a fair price.

Before the “he’s only 21, we was at City” shouts: it’s a market. An asset is worth what it’s worth and proven goalscorers at any level, as Sammie was last year, are valuable. If Ipswich don’t want to pay that, I’d be telling him that they’re cheaping out on him and he’s worth too much to us to let that happen.

Truth is, I reckon he’s the kind to use that as fuel, bang a few in then go for considerably more around Christmas to whichever of the usual Premier League suspects and new arrivals are misfiring.

FWIW - I reckon he will go up there and score goals. I think if Calvert-Lewin is still hardballing a new deal, Everton would be tempted. If Brentford lose Toney, he’d do well there. Would like it to be West Ham for his sake, although don’t see Lopetegui wanting him.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Galgaterover10 said:

Makes very little sense your point here if it’s a swap deal for baker. His wages will be much higher then Travis so it wouldn’t be a large wage out of the door it would be a bigger wage in

That would depend on other factors including contract length and fee.

If Stoke are happy to be shut of Baker and his wages and are willing to give us some cash on top then Rovers will be tempted. I don't think putting people on reasonable wages is necessarily a problem, but getting a lump sum of £1 million+ will be tempting.

5 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Seems that JE has realised the same and wants shut. 

Having started him as captain in the past few pre season games and stressed his importance in interviews I'd be questioning Eustace's competence if he's done that despite 'wanting shut' and thinking he is shite.

16 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Travis wanted out due to his playing time and his role in the team. Him and JDT had a falling out and Travis left Rovers in January cos of this 

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Having started him as captain in the past few pre season games and stressed his importance in interviews I'd be questioning Eustace's competence if he's done that despite 'wanting shut' and thinking he is shite.

Eustace wants Baker in but Stoke are interest in Travis if they lost Baker so Eustace has a decision to make. How badly does he want Baker and is he willing to lose Travis to get Baker in 

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I guess someone wants rid if Nicko is consistently linking him away

1 minute ago, CambridgeRover said:

I guess someone wants rid if Nicko is consistently linking him away

Indeed. I think Nicko gets his Intel from 'higher ups' behind the scenes (not Eustace or coaching staff) 

1 hour ago, Forever Blue said:

His dad broke one of our keepers legs in the 80s. I’ve never forgiven him. Can’t remember which keeper though!

If I remember correctly (after nearly 40 years), it was Vince O'Keefe against Ipswich in a night match and Simon Garner went into goal and Rovers won!

• Like 2