BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Travis wanted out due to his playing time and his role in the team. Him and JDT had a falling out and Travis left Rovers in January cos of this 

Is this your opinion or what you have been told by someone else?

Either way, you don't know for certain that it is fact.

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

JDT and GB both said this in their interviews about Travis departure 

you seems to be looking for something that isn't there

Edited by chaddyrovers

19 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

If the club had backed Travis over JDT we would have been even more of a laughing stock. 

travis is shite, I have no idea how anyone can think he is anywhere near decent. This is the man who was pulled off after 45 mins of cowardly football against millwall with playoffs on the line.

Seems that JE has realised the same and wants shut. 

I don’t disagree with any of that. I was just giving some context. Backing JDT was a bad call considering they sacked him three weeks later!? 

4 minutes ago, sverrehh said:

How will Eustace use Andreas Weimann? Is he able to be the creative player alongside Trondstad?

I would highly doubt it, and Eustace himself said Fadz, Batth and Weimann will not play 90 mins most weeks anyway (last 2 mins of vid below).  Sounds to me like all 3 are to be subs to help control/see out games 

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

JDT and GB both said this in their interviews about Travis departure 

you seems to be looking for something that isn't there

I'm looking for the truth rather than just blindly accepting what people say, especially when they have an interest in a certain narrative.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

If I remember correctly (after nearly 40 years), it was Vince O'Keefe against Ipswich in a night match and Simon Garner went into goal and Rovers won!

That was it, Okeefe, think you’re spot on. It was a night match against Ipswich and it was down at the DE. It was a 50/50 as Jason Dozzell rushed on to a through ball and O’Keefe rushed out to clear. 

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

JDT said it.

He said Travis had wanted to play as a 6 but he didn't think he was suited to that role in his team.

Those weren't quotes I read either ,it was a video and he did say those exact words 

And Travis hadn't started a game in midfield in 3 months at that point 

• Like 3

Just now, islander200 said:

JDT said it.

He said Travis had wanted to play as a 6 but he didn't think he was suited to that role in his team.

Those weren't quotes I read either ,it was a video and he did say those exact words 

And Travis hadn't started a game in midfield in 3 months at that point 

He said that after the club had sanctioned the eyebrow raising departure of club captain on loan.

I'm struggling to think of what else he could have said without getting sacked. We saw what happened when he started to shine the spotlight upstairs, he was gone within a week.

In early January he was still trying to keep going.

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

He said that after the club had sanctioned the eyebrow raising departure of club captain on loan.

I'm struggling to think of what else he could have said without getting sacked. We saw what happened when he started to shine the spotlight upstairs, he was gone within a week.

He hadn't started a game In midfield in 3 months

Iv no doubt the money men were happy to get Travis wages off the books but it is also clear to see JDT didn't rate Travis as a holding midfielder and clear why Travis would have been wanting to leave with JDT as manager 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Actually watching this, and thinking he would be an a great little number 10 or in that attacking midfield role behind Gueye with Yuki 

9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I'm looking for the truth rather than just blindly accepting what people say, especially when they have an interest in a certain narrative.

JDT told you the truth but you won't accept it

9 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Weimann will be used in the wide forward positions I reckon.

or back up to Dolan

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

JDT sanction the move for Travis who also asked for move last season over his playing position. Travis wants to play as the defensive midfielder. 

• Downvote 1

If I was a Stoke fan I'd be seriously worried about this season's prospects if Travis follows Gallagher and Ennis there.  May well be looking for a new manager before a dozen games have been played.

If Travis goes, we will need 2 new midfielders, 1 defensive and 1 offensive.

Overall, we are still half a dozen players light. 

A big concern is all these players arriving so close to the season starting - no time to establish a pattern of play and to gel.  We need a fast start to get confidence, momentum flowing.  We might not recover from a slow stuttering start.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Actually watching this, and thinking he would be an a great little number 10 or in that attacking midfield role behind Gueye with Yuki 

He looks a number 9, more a Gueye type player, Yuki looks more agile and quicker so he’ll be number 10 I’d say.

The more I watch that video the more confused I am as to why we’re after him, he’s not fast at all and he’s another old bugger.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

3 minutes ago, neophox said:

Wonder if any of Dolan, Sigurdsson, Markanday or Vale could be going to Birmingham for Dembele coming to Rovers as part of a swap and money deal. Could be this way according to some reports.

Not been a single report suggesting this

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Just what we need, another No10 (sarcasm). 

• Like 1