BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

1 minute ago, Theaxe15 said:

Fair. Never heard of the website. Probably nonsense

The article is saying it’s Nixon that has suggested Brum want a swap deal with a rovers player. If Nixon is saying it, it will be true as he obviously had the inside track on Rovers this summer. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, sverrehh said:

How will Eustace use Andreas Weimann? Is he able to be the creative player alongside Trondstad?

Both Bristol (Our old mate Andy Cryer mentioned it) and WBA fans have said he doesn’t have the legs to be a forward anymore - both clubs played him wing back at times - so I highly doubt he’s anywhere near fit enough to go backwards and forwards in CM.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

A 6 was always a CH in my book.  

Depends how old you are. The player that wore number six all the time when I first started watching was Mick McGrath. He was more of a defensive midfield player than a centre half. He’d only be about 5’ 9” tall so that made sense. Tronstad is the nearest to Mick we have playing now.

21 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

He looks a number 9, more a Gueye type player, Yuki looks more agile and quicker so he’ll be number 10 I’d say.

The more I watch that video the more confused I am as to why we’re after him, he’s not fast at all and he’s another old bugger.

He doesn't need to be quick..watch the video again, and watch how many times he scored goals, just being in the right place at the right time. He roams, he picks up loose balls, and scores..This team needs players who can get to the 2nd ball first

3 minutes ago, Iceman said:

He doesn't need to be quick..watch the video again, and watch how many times he scored goals, just being in the right place at the right time. He roams, he picks up loose balls, and scores..This team needs players who can get to the 2nd ball first

He’s a number 9 then,  your explanation there proves it and so does the video, my response was to you saying he would be a number 10/attacking midfielder.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

He’s a number 9 then,  your explanation there proves it and so does the video, my response was to you saying he would be a number 10/attacking midfielder.

He’s played as a 10 for his current club, but mainly as a 9. From those few clips it looks like he can play either, just like Yuki.

Not withstanding the usual caveats about highlights reels, this Germain fella looks to have some decent attributes; good in the air, decent shot on him, takes a mean penalty and seems to like getting in the 'right' areas.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

He looks a number 9, more a Gueye type player, Yuki looks more agile and quicker so he’ll be number 10 I’d say.

The more I watch that video the more confused I am as to why we’re after him, he’s not fast at all and he’s another old bugger.

Well I see it this way... At 29 should be in the peak of his career. His goals this season in the J league would suggest that's the case. Sammie will be leaving which is pretty much all of our goal threat gone and we need to find goals from elsewhere. On top of that his contract is almost up so we get him for next to nothing. Low risk, high reward. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I still think that as well... He plays on the edges of the box, he looks like he can find a pass, and he can move the ball around by the looks of it. So that makes him quite versatile. 

Is he what we need right now? Maybe not, but, the more the merrier in terms of goal threats, if Sammie eventually does leave

Edited by Iceman

I wouldn’t be surprised if we are looking at Karamoko Dembele. It would make a lot more sense than signing his brother Siriki  given his potential resale value and likely lower wage demands. He is rapid and we are crying out for some pace! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, J*B said:

Both Bristol (Our old mate Andy Cryer mentioned it) and WBA fans have said he doesn’t have the legs to be a forward anymore - both clubs played him wing back at times - so I highly doubt he’s anywhere near fit enough to go backwards and forwards in CM.

Not doubting your info but hasn’t got the legs to be a forward but has the legs to be a wing back ? Seems a bit contradictory 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

I think Markanday would do well in L1. Not sure who else we could give away. 

I thought, that if you come from the PL, you should automatically smash it in the Championship etc? At least that's what some forum members make you believe should happen.. 

So any foreign player, who has not played in league 1 or the PL, would not do well in the Championship. 

1 minute ago, Iceman said:

I thought, that if you come from the PL, you should automatically smash it in the Championship etc? At least that's what some forum members make you believe should happen.. 

So any foreign player, who has not played in league 1 or the PL, would not do well in the Championship. 

Not sure what that has to do with the post you quoted?

7 minutes ago, Iceman said:

I still think that as well... He plays on the edges of the box, he looks like he can find a pass, and he can move the ball around by the looks of it. So that makes him quite versatile. 

Is he what we need right now? Maybe not, but, the more the merrier in terms of goal threats, if Sammie eventually does leave

The main issue in query is Nixon stating it’s an “alternative” to dembele…They are nothing alike.

We need some pace and some directness.

10 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

So Dembele is still a live Rovers target according to Nixon? 

Sounds like it, maybe Eustace really pushing for him after his time at Brum working with him.

Whatever, after a slow start, this looks like turning into the biggest overhaul of the squad in many years

• Like 3

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere but I saw online that Gallagher had to go off holding his calf less than 30 mins into his debut for Stoke which is one of the funniest things I've read in a long time.

You couldn't make this **** up - he won't get away with swinging the lead and not performing there for five seasons like he did here, they'll have him off down the road within a season I'd wager.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

The main issue in query is Nixon stating it’s an “alternative” to dembele…They are nothing alike.

We need some pace and some directness.

Depends where JE was intending to play Dembele. We might be after a LW as well. 

6 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Sounds like it, maybe Eustace really pushing for him after his time at Brum working with him.

Whatever, after a slow start, this looks like turning into the biggest overhaul of the squad in many years

It certainly does. Who’d have thought a week or two ago we’d be potentially on the verge of signing another J League player. It’s been a strange window, but potentially a really exciting one.