BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

14 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

The main issue in query is Nixon stating it’s an “alternative” to dembele…They are nothing alike.

We need some pace and some directness.

Yeh he ain't winger, that I can agree with. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Not sure what that has to do with the post you quoted?

I'm saying, that the notion that Markanday will do well in league 1 is not how football works. The argument over the last few days, weeks, is that signing Gueye, Ohashi with no experience at a lower league level or any English level, would automatically mean that they would struggle in the championship. 

We are panicking, even before the season has started. There are players who have come from the PL, and been busts in the championship. 

Edited by Iceman
  • Like 1

De Lange has got to be the priority this week. Not sure about this Germain. Looks like a centre forward to me. I wonder if it means Vale is off and with Leonard’s fitness issues he wants 3 options. He could possibly play off the right as well with that strong left foot, but don’t think he fits the bill of a direct winger with pace that Eustace is crying out for every time he is asked about recruitment.

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, J*B said:

Both Bristol (Our old mate Andy Cryer mentioned it) and WBA fans have said he doesn’t have the legs to be a forward anymore - both clubs played him wing back at times - so I highly doubt he’s anywhere near fit enough to go backwards and forwards in CM.

i doubt weimann,batth and mcfadzean will play every week,they`ll be back ups and in wiemanns case an impact player off the bench or starts a midweek game ,we can`t expect the three of them to play twice a week tbf

Just now, ROVER_N_OUT1978 said:

De Lange has to be the priority. Probably coming in too late to start Friday night though.

If the deal gets done by tomorrow (highly doubt it, because it's us), he could still make it. But I suspect, Pears will most likely be in goal for the first 2 or 3 games, before that signing happens 

30 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere but I saw online that Gallagher had to go off holding his calf less than 30 mins into his debut for Stoke which is one of the funniest things I've read in a long time.

You couldn't make this **** up - he won't get away with swinging the lead and not performing there for five seasons like he did here, they'll have him off down the road within a season I'd wager.

Agree with the sentiment but on a substantial 3 year contract will take some feckin shifting!

• Like 2

In regards to that Germain, I’m sure all of us (and Eustace) wanted 2 strikers in regardless of Gallagher staying or going. Gueye is one, Ohashi I presume is a bit of a mix of forward players so could probably be classed as another. Still need another. Though to be honest I’d rather it was someone more experienced with the championship, but we know the premium that brings price wise.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

The main issue in query is Nixon stating it’s an “alternative” to dembele…They are nothing alike.

My lad says on fifa Germain's acceleration is 80/100 and his sprint speed is 86/100.

Whatever that means 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

In regards to that Germain, I’m sure all of us (and Eustace) wanted 2 strikers in regardless of Gallagher staying or going. Gueye is one, Ohashi I presume is a bit of a mix of forward players so could probably be classed as another. Still need another. Though to be honest I’d rather it was someone more experienced with the championship, but we know the premium that brings price wise.

Looks like Germaine is out of contract in 6 months so he’ll probs be another bargain.

Edited by Forever Blue

13 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

My lad says on fifa Germain's acceleration is 80/100 and his sprint speed is 86/100.

Whatever that means 🤷‍♂️

It means he's pretty mobile.

He looks like another #9 who wants to get on the end of crosses - which means if he's a target then we must be looking for at least one winger.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Whatever that means 🤷‍♂️

About as fast as Isak, Holjund, Jackson at Chelsea - so mobile but not Telalovic 100m record fast 

These 2 rumours today make little sense. We only have 3 central midfielders (not 6's, they are centre backs) so swapping one for another who often plays further forward seems illogical and would still leave us needing 1 or even 2 central midfielders.

Germain seemingly is a striker on the back of a sudden surge of goals and is 29. How is that an alternative for a winger.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Eustace has said enough comments on Travis to know he rates Travis but if he wants Baker then he got a decision to make how badly he wants him and is he willing to sacrifice Travis to get Baker 

maybe the free agent is Andre Dozzell

Dozzell was my suggestion yesterday.

58 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Will be both coming in 

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

These 2 rumours today make little sense. We only have 3 central midfielders (not 6's, they are centre backs) so swapping one for another who often plays further forward seems illogical and would still leave us needing 1 or even 2 central midfielders.

Germain seemingly is a striker on the back of a sudden surge of goals and is 29. How is that an alternative for a winger.

We might want another CM in addition to Baker, and a winger in addition to Dembele/Germaine. 

Seems fairly logical to me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Sonny is top class. The best 6 we’ve had in years. 

I like him a lot but like Mani says he needs someone more creative beside him.... Really Buckley should be ideal for that role but hes going backwards at a rate of knots. Big season for Bucko.. hes obviously out of favour and I think he could go in January if he doesnt kick on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I like him a lot but like Mani says he needs someone more creative beside him.... Really Buckley should be ideal for that role but hes going backwards at a rate of knots. Big season for Bucko.. hes obviously out of favour and I think he could go in January if he doesnt kick on.

i would`nt be sorry to see him go ,he only turns up in sporadic games and disapears in away games when you are often under pressure,lad has all the talent but no application imo

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Both Bristol (Our old mate Andy Cryer mentioned it) and WBA fans have said he doesn’t have the legs to be a forward anymore - both clubs played him wing back at times - so I highly doubt he’s anywhere near fit enough to go backwards and forwards in CM.

Hmmm... I would have thought wing back is only beaten by full back in terms of expectations on how much ground to cover? All of attacking mid, number 10, wide forward seem less fitness demanding than wing back to me?