BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

22 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

We might want another CM in addition to Baker, and a winger in addition to Dembele/Germaine. 

Seems fairly logical to me.

If that is the case then different story. But either way, a striker is not a direct alternative to a wide man and I wouldnt want to lose Travis.

14 minutes ago, JamieUK said:

Makes Finneran's decision to move more baffling. He'd be fourth choice CM as it stands and have a real chance to play a good number of games this season.

Yeah... If Wharton had jumped ship at the same age I doubt he would be starting for a premier league team now and getting in the england squad.

The stats on going from academy to premier league starter must be tiny. 

I bet if Harvey Elliott had stayed at Fulham he would have had a big CL move by now and be in the England squad rather than a bit player at Liverpool.. Conversely if Bellingham had gone straight to Man U or Liverpool from Brum I think he would not be where he is....

Silly decision by Finneran for me.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JamieUK said:

Makes Finneran's decision to move more baffling. He'd be fourth choice CM as it stands and have a real chance to play a good number of games this season.

I'm not sure he would be.

I think we gave him his debut last year to try and convince him to stay - like when we played Phillips the season before when he clearly wasn't anywhere near ready.

26 minutes ago, JamieUK said:

Money !

1 hour ago, MB Rover said:

Since when have CMs been referred to as 6’s?! 5 and 6 are your centre backs

I use to enjoy Xavi at CB when he was at Barca 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Why all the fuss about which number represents a position? Since squad numbers they mean nothing. Sam Gallagher wore number no.9 for years, when was he a centre forward :🤣?

First time I've seen a goalkeeper wearing number 9 

1 minute ago, rigger said:

Saadi ?

Don’t think so, showed everyone else’s face and the audio changed to “shots fired” when it showed whoever it is. Unless they are announcing a new deal for him 😂

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Clearly Saadi at the end.

Yes, I think so. Having watched Saadi play, he's somewhat lanky.

We offered him a contract extension in May. He didn't appear to be one that signed it based on the report of most youngsters signing the contracts that were offered to them (except Finneran). He has (or had) a 12-month option which, if we've triggered it, will see him stay here until next summer. Or he's signed a new contract.

Either way, the club doesn't appear to have announced anything about it.

2 minutes ago, FE123 said:

Don’t think so, showed everyone else’s face and the audio changed to “shots fired” when it showed whoever it is. Unless they are announcing a new deal for him 😂

Yeh that was odd at the end. You show everybody's face,  but the last 2 players..