BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

1 minute ago, goozburger said:

Yes, I think so. Having watched Saadi play, he's somewhat lanky.

We offered him a contract extension in May. He didn't appear to be one that signed it based on the report of most youngsters signing the contracts that were offered to them (except Finneran). He has (or had) a 12-month option which, if we've triggered it, will see him stay here until next summer. Or he's signed a new contract.

Either way, the club doesn't appear to have announced anything about it.

Having watched Saadi play, he is somewhat, nowhere near a championship level player.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Dozzell was my suggestion yesterday.

ok, keep your pants on 

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

These 2 rumours today make little sense. We only have 3 central midfielders (not 6's, they are centre backs) so swapping one for another who often plays further forward seems illogical and would still leave us needing 1 or even 2 central midfielders.

Eustace must want Baker but if Stoke let Baker then they want Travis hence we there is talk of swap deal. 

Yes it would leave us needed a centre midfielder player signing probably a loan from PL club. 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Eustace must want Baker but if Stoke let Baker then they want Travis hence we there is talk of swap deal. 

Yes it would leave us needed a centre midfielder player signing probably a loan from PL club. 

Maybe its the Championship version of the FFP workaround that Villa, Newcastle and Everton have done in recent weeks

Each club values their player at £10M, means the incoming money all goes on this season, and the outgoing is spit over the lengths of the contracts

Just  a thought, seems a little too clever for Waggott though

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KentExile said:

Maybe its the Championship version of the FFP workaround that Villa, Newcastle and Everton have done in recent weeks

Each club values their player at £10M, means the incoming money all goes on this season, and the outgoing is spit over the lengths of the contracts

and to much hard work

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KentExile said:

Aren’t the PL looking into those valuations?

10 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Our problem isn’t P&S constraints…Wharton sorted that. Our problem is cash…we ain’t got any.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

ok, keep your pants on 

Im not really sure why you keep swooping in with the "well Eustace wants it" trump card. So what? 

I am giving MY opinion on a potential deal. I think we need to keep Travis and I am also not convinced that Baker is best suited playing deep in a 2 man midfield. It would leave us even lighter in an already light position. 

Baker is a useful player, he can pop up with a goal and he can take a good free kick. He can also be anonymous and is probably better suited in front of 2 midfielders. Baker is also a few years older. So considering the balance of our squad and at the expense of Travis? Not for me.

11 minutes ago, KentExile said:

We arent in a position where we need FFP snookers considering the money brought in. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

Our problem isn’t P&S constraints…Wharton sorted that. Our problem is cash…we ain’t got any.

Aware of that, my post was not entirely serious 😉 

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

When the window opened I was of the view that the squad would be dramatically changed by the time the window closed and I still think that will be the case.

It took a long time to get started but my gut feel we are only half way through the permanent moves and then there is the mad dash for loans when the PL clubs are sorting out their squads at the end of the window.

I suspect we will have to wait for winger(s) until the end of the month.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Im not really sure why you keep swooping in with the "well Eustace wants it" trump card. So what? 

I am giving MY opinion on a potential deal. I think we need to keep Travis and I am also not convinced that Baker is best suited playing deep in a 2 man midfield. It would leave us even lighter in an already light position. 

Baker is a useful player, he can pop up with a goal and he can take a good free kick. He can also be anonymous and is probably better suited in front of 2 midfielders. Baker is also a few years older. So considering the balance of our squad and at the expense of Travis? Not for me.

Its clearly, Eustace is pushing for this Baker deal, just like he pushed for experience signings and got them. Eustace highlighted four areas he wanted to strengthen and what type of players we wanted. Plus some experience signings. 

I agreed I'm not over keen on swapping Travis for Baker tbh. I can see the merit of Baker coming here but I'm not sure about swapping him for Baker

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Clearly its clear Eustace is pushing for this Baker deal, just like he pushed for experience signings and got them. Eustace highlighted four areas he wanted to strengthen and what type of players we wanted. Plus some experience signings. 

I agreed I'm not over keen on swapping Travis for Baker tbh. I can see the merit of Baker coming here but I'm not sure about swapping him for Baker

eustace feels that travis is **** and baker is better,don`t know much about him but i do know travis needs to go,we cant let him go before boosting the number in midfield,simple as that innit???

22 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Stop nibbling on everything he says, he always gives his opinion and claims players we should sign after being linked with them, one rule for him one rule for everyone else.

47 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Imagine. Swag retiring and Gestede unveiled as new CEO

You'll get the same outcomes until the owners leave.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Clearly its clear Eustace is pushing for this Baker deal, just like he pushed for experience signings and got them. Eustace highlighted four areas he wanted to strengthen and what type of players we wanted. Plus some experience signings. 

But just to be clear Chaddy, is it clear that Eustace clearly wants Baker or is it a little unclear?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He just asked why you used the tactic of saying that Eustace wants it, and why you keep using it, and pointed out he's giving his own opinion, not discussing Eustace's.

Why have you then replied by going on about Eustace's desires again?

It doesn't add anything to the discussion Chaddy. We all know what Eustace has said in public, it's publicly available.