BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Is that your assumption/reading of it or has that been reported?

(Not having a go, just genuinely trying to interpret your post correctly)

I really wouldnt want someone like Begovic or Ruddy. Not only past it but I suspect unlike buying a keeper, it could lead to then being backup and calamity Pears continuing to be number 1.

It appears Nixon's retweeted one of his own posts from June 27th which said "Charlton after gk...Blackburn also interested"

His retweet has the additional comment "struggling to agree terms". 

So it's a bit ambiguous and he likely could've selected a different related tweet that didn't mention Rovers.

But it lines up to being about Begovic and Charlton struggling to agree.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Is that your assumption/reading of it or has that been reported?

(Not having a go, just genuinely trying to interpret your post correctly)

I really wouldnt want someone like Begovic or Ruddy. Not only past it but I suspect unlike buying a keeper, it could lead to then being backup and calamity Pears continuing to be number 1.

Nicko hasn't said we are back in for him in his post. Just said Charlton are struggling to meet his demands. 

Got a feeling the Japanese lad will come in as cover for Gueye and No10 role as he can play both. Nixon saying as a Dembele alternative but I think there's a good chance Gordon could come in on loan to cover wide areas and cheaper option than Dembele 

1 minute ago, blue and whites said:

Jeffrey de Lange has received his desired transfer. Blackburn Rovers and Go Ahead Eagles have agreed on the transfer fee of the 26-year-old goalkeeper. De Lange will travel to England in the coming days to finalize everything. Go Ahead Eagles receives several million for the goalkeeper.

*from transferwatch.nl

Was just trying to post the link on this. Pleased with this signing I have to say

9 minutes ago, blue and whites said:

Jeffrey de Lange has received his desired transfer. Blackburn Rovers and Go Ahead Eagles have agreed on the transfer fee of the 26-year-old goalkeeper. De Lange will travel to England in the coming days to finalize everything. Go Ahead Eagles receives several million for the goalkeeper.

*from transferwatch.nl

If he’s an upgrade on Pears this is great news. 

13 minutes ago, blue and whites said:

*from transferwatch.nl

7 million? Owners would want him to completely fill the goal and score a hatrick every week to sign that off

Edited by Rover8T4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

closer to 2 million i think,no way on gods green earth are we shelling out 7 million quid😆 for anybody

Unreal that fans think this sum would be paid. Just seen a post on X where one fan said in Dutch money 😂 

11 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

7 million? Owners would want him to completely fill the goal and score a hatrick every week to sign that off

It says 'several', not 'seven' million.

Several million Euros would also be extreme (not sure what number that would be considered to be, but definitely more than the 2 million previously quoted, and it makes me think 4 upwards). But it could be lost in translation.

Even 2 mill is quite a lot for a keeper, especially when you look at what we paid for Kaminski. It really needs to prove a good signing if we are spending in that region. Though, it does anyway, as the other option is Pears...

9 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Unreal that fans think this sum would be paid. Just seen a post on X where one fan said in Dutch money 😂 

The Dutch use Euros. Which are almost as valuable as the pound.

Obviously assuming we do sign him. And we have been much further along with transfers than this. Having expected all summer to be signing a pensioner "to compete with" Pears, a signing of this type would be a welcome surprise.

Im basing that purely on the fact that he has been a regular for a side in the Dutch league that finished 9th last season, he has attracted interest albeit as 2nd choice from Ajax, he will cost a decent fee for us and he is at a good age. I have never heard of him. Comments on twitter show that he is well regarded and rated in Holland. Obviously if he signs the proof will be in the pudding in terms of his performances but I like the idea.

• Like 3