BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

I would surprised if he’s anything other than a major upgrade on Pears. Ajax academy player and played every game in the Eredivisie over the last couple of years. A couple of million they probably won’t loose on a 27 year old goalkeeper. If he has a solid season clubs WILL come calling for a player of his pedigree.

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, blue and whites said:

Jeffrey de Lange has received his desired transfer. Blackburn Rovers and Go Ahead Eagles have agreed on the transfer fee of the 26-year-old goalkeeper. De Lange will travel to England in the coming days to finalize everything. Go Ahead Eagles receives several million for the goalkeeper.

*from transferwatch.nl

One of the areas that needed some money spent on it was the keeper. So if this is true it's not before time, but it's something. Here's to hoping he's a Kaminski and not Whalstedt.

1 hour ago, Forever Blue said:

Rover Insider tweeting Travis is being forced out of the club by people above JE, and that it’s because Trav is the highest earner. Says Trav wants to stay.

If they keep selling the highest earner we’ll end up with nobody left. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Maceo Rigters was a very odd signing.

At a cost of around £300k (I think it was a release clause thing too but can't remember for sure) and having just been the top scorer in the U21s Euros and in the team of the tournament, he seemed like a shrewd and intriguing signing at the time.

Turned out to be crap though of course.

1 hour ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Well that’s bollcoks if we’re trying to trade with baker who will be on 5k more a week (minimum)

That would depend on the finer details. I don't think the be all and end all here is weekly wages. For example if they can persuade Stoke to exchange + cash then I think Rovers would be delighted to grab the lump sum even if that meant putting Baker on the same or higher money. All about immediate cash flow.

It is clear that there is a push on this front, as there was to get him out the door in January and as there was to get Buckley out last summer. I also think we are pushing to get Szmodics sold off, there's zero intention at Rovers end of him being here next season and Eustace appears to have been blocked from playing him pre-season to keep him out of harms way.

All sorts of shenanigans going upstairs on much of which we will never hear about.

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

That would depend on the finer details. I don't think the be all and end all here is weekly wages. For example if they can persuade Stoke to exchange + cash then I think Rovers would be delighted to grab the lump sum even if that meant putting Baker on the same or higher money. All about immediate cash flow.

It is clear that there is a push on this front, as there was to get him out the door in January and as there was to get Buckley out last summer. I also think we are pushing to get Szmodics sold off, there's zero intention at Rovers end of him being here next season and Eustace appears to have been blocked from playing him pre-season to keep him out of harms way.

All sorts of shenanigans going upstairs on much of which we will never hear about.

If it’s about immediate cash flow why are they making cash signings? I think the “push” is about selling players at their highest stock, regardless of how it affects the team.

Rovers want rid of Szmodics for this reason and if they are trying to offload Travis I imagine it’s for the same reason, regardless of what the manager wants.

• Like 1

Really hope we get De Lange sorted, should probably have been the first signing a keeper, but as long as we get it right that's what matters most.

Jimmy Hill and 2 wingers on loan would change this seasons outlook completely...

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he`d been a star in the dutch u`21s and was highly regarded,for whatever reason,he could barely kick a football straight when he landed here

5 goals in 61 appearances for his previous club wasn't exactly prolific.

16 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

At a cost of around £300k (I think it was a release clause thing too but can't remember for sure) and having just been the top scorer in the U21s Euros and in the team of the tournament, he seemed like a shrewd and intriguing signing at the time.

Turned out to be crap though of course.

Thought they'd spent a couple of million on him.

6 minutes ago, FE123 said:

If it’s about immediate cash flow why are they making cash signings? I think the “push” is about selling players at their highest stock, regardless of how it affects the team.

Rovers want rid of Szmodics for this reason and if they are trying to offload Travis I imagine it’s for the same reason, regardless of what the manager wants.

I think Suhail and Waggott, want us relegated...

5 minutes ago, FE123 said:

We're spending much, much less than we have brought in. I'm not going to congratulate the club or believe that our finances are stable just because we've spent a bit of the Gallagher / Raya cash on 3 foreign signings. 

I agree there are certain players on a list and this list is set way above Eustace. They've been working their way down this list for the last 3-4 transfer windows. We've effectively been on an outgoings before incomings model for some time so I suspect Eustace has been told that if he wants an established midfielder the only way that is going to be permitted is if one of the existing ones are offloaded prior to or as part of that. 

31 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he`d been a star in the dutch u`21s and was highly regarded,for whatever reason,he could barely kick a football straight when he landed here

Think the Dutch won European U21’s and he was the top scorer in the tournament. Worth a punt at the time, he had plenty of other options and difficult to understand what happened to him after coming to Rovers and don’t think he ever had a proper career thereafter.

10 minutes ago, JHRover said:

We're spending much, much less than we have brought in. I'm not going to congratulate the club or believe that our finances are stable just because we've spent a bit of the Gallagher / Raya cash on 3 foreign signings. 

I agree there are certain players on a list and this list is set way above Eustace. They've been working their way down this list for the last 3-4 transfer windows. We've effectively been on an outgoings before incomings model for some time so I suspect Eustace has been told that if he wants an established midfielder the only way that is going to be permitted is if one of the existing ones are offloaded prior to or as part of that. 

I'm going to congratulate someone for signing a better GK than Pears.

It was tantamount to suicide going into the season with him as the #1.