BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

4 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I don’t know this keeper so have only watched the YouTube highlight reel but he seems to palm the ball back into danger in awful lot , want my keeper to get it away from danger . Still he will be better than pears 

He does, and that's concerning. but having played 70 games in the top flight of Dutch football (and wanted back by Ajax, where he played as a youngster) you've got to imagine his fundamentals are considerably better than Pears'.

Pears loved to be wildly out of position, or get down late for easy saves all the time - you're starting with a 10 point deduction with Pears as your #1.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FE123 said:

I would surprised if he’s anything other than a major upgrade on Pears. Ajax academy player and played every game in the Eredivisie over the last couple of years. A couple of million they probably won’t loose on a 27 year old goalkeeper. If he has a solid season clubs WILL come calling for a player of his pedigree.

It's £2m on a new GK or however many million you lose being relegated to L1. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Really hope we get De Lange sorted, should probably have been the first signing a keeper, but as long as we get it right that's what matters most.

Jimmy Hill and 2 wingers on loan would change this seasons outlook completely...

I thought Hill looked poor at CB. Plus I doubt Bournemouth would be loaning him out to cover Brittain / Hyam / Carter et al. 

5 hours ago, jny said:

Ah I see this is proof we aren't just signing youth players any more then (where do these bald lads play?)

We did a bit in our day, but at 60 next birthday, I make McFadz look like a teenager.

Great banter today by the way today, from the postings I’ve made. Sorry if my bald head, dazzled anyone. 😂 

5 hours ago, jny said:

Ah I see this is proof we aren't just signing youth players any more then (where do these bald lads play?)

These bald lads could hold their own in the day. Me and my brother.

Unfortunately, approaching 60 so we make McFazdene look like a youngster. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I'm going to congratulate someone for signing a better GK than Pears.

It was tantamount to suicide going into the season with him as the #1.

We will be going into the season with Pears as number 1,he'll definitely play on Friday. 

Hopefully he makes it extremely difficult for Eustace to drop him. 

Just now, unleaded said:

Gala back in for  Szmodics … Negations started … should give Ipswich a kick start to hurry up again ….  

Thanks, are we still negotiating with the winger you mentioned?

Would prefer to see him move to a genuine European giant playing in the Champions League than moving to a club that we were recently in a league above and who have quickly overtaken us purely through being properly managed.

• Like 7

I wonder if that was what the deadline really was for..Ipswich you have til X to up your bid and get him signed as the prem is where he wants to go. Otherwise we'll listen to Galas offer and start negotiations. 

6 hours ago, Moptop1 said:

Well, with a week before the season starts, we still need GK, LB, CM (possibly 2 if Lewis leaves), LW, RW and another CF.

When Sammie leaves we’ll have Dolan and Siggi to play there.

i think we’ll loan in LB, 1 x CM and 1 x Winger. Hopefully, we’ll sign that GK, winger and other CF.

Just have to wait and see…

That's just the starting 11. We still need backup for these. Still another 9 signings needed.