BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

4 hours ago, unleaded said:

Gala back in for  Szmodics … Negations started … should give Ipswich a kick start to hurry up again ….  

Is that from the tweet from Turkey doing the rounds yesterday? Rovers Latest re-tweeted it. Is it legit?

Dolan apparently has not ruled out signing a new contract, and wants to be Rovers talisman this season

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24495732.ty-dolan-replacing-szmodics-blackburn-love-future/

Personally would be very surprised if he is still here next season (25/26).  If he has a similar output as previous seasons, then I cant see Rovers offering him a contract on a decent enough wage to keep him, and if he has a fantastic start to the season, then Rovers wont be able to offer a good enough contract to keep him amid competition at the end of his contract.  So for me, there is a very narrow "sweet spot" which will see Dolan still be here in a years time.

Edited by KentExile

8 hours ago, islander200 said:

Gala raiding the championship, they signed Sara from Norwich today 

They got pasted 5-0 on Saturday off Besiktas in the super cup. When something embarrassing like that happens it's normal for them to make a statement of intent, usually signing players.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, FE123 said:

Fee yet to be agreed but expected to be between 2 and 2.5 million euros.

With the noises all but confirming the SS deal is done, it feels like we’re commuting some of that fee to the De Lange deal (€2-2.5m).

Hopefully they follow it up with a couple more permenant signings. I’m thinking (hoping), the Lcb from Italy, unleaded’s marquee winger, Gordon on loan from Liverpool and Baker from Stoke 🤞🏽

7 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

With the noises all but confirming the SS deal is done, it feels like we’re commuting some of that fee to the De Lange deal (€2-2.5m).

Hopefully they follow it up with a couple more permenant signings. I’m thinking (hoping), the Lcb from Italy, unleaded’s marquee winger, Gordon on loan from Liverpool and Baker from Stoke 🤞🏽

What noises?

Not confident at all going in to the season with Pears as number one.  Also not confident we will spend actual money on an adequate replacement and to be honest De Lange we wait for the Go Ahead to do so, the worse I feel 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Not wanting to de-rail the thread as we get ourselves excited at the prospect of signing a new keeper, however, as I had a few nice messages & likes, I just thought I'd post to let everyone know that we picked the dog up from the vets yesterday & she seems absolutely fine now.

We think she may have had a reaction to either being stung/bitten or eaten something in the garden which she shouldn't have.

Thanks once again for the previous likes & replies. 

It was a welcome paws in the transfer tittle-tattle

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

Not confident at all going in to the season with Pears as number one.  Also not confident we will spend actual money on an adequate replacement and to be honest De Lange we wait for the Go Ahead to do so, the worse I feel 

I know for certain most will disagree but I don't think Pears is anywhere near as bad as people make out sometimes.

Over a full season i 100% don't want him as my first choice keeper, because over that period of time he will make too many mistakes. For the sake of potentially a few games though he's an OK understudy. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

What noises?

The manager talked openly about Szmodics situation on Friday mentioning this weekend as being important. Szmods absent from the training ground too. Plus a few Ipswich accounts seeming a lot more confident…

Us being linked by legit internal and external sources to a €2m permanent signing means we’re confident of some cash.

My guess - Szmodics will go through early this week and De Lange by the end of the week.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Apparently today Szmodics will sign for Ipswich, teams just back from Germany.

Is that based on the HowardRV7 twitter account, which is a mirror of Mercer's posts?

If so, that account has predicted that the deal was to be completed within 24 hours on a number of occasions throughout the summer. Just ignore it.

Obviously it will probably will come true at some point, but they are just repeatedly saying it knowing at some point they can likely say they were right.

• Like 1