BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

4 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

The manager talked openly about Szmodics situation on Friday mentioning this weekend as being important. Szmods absent from the training ground too. Plus a few Ipswich accounts seeming a lot more confident…

Us being linked by legit internal and external sources to a €2m permanent signing means we’re confident of some cash.

My guess - Szmodics will go through early this week and De Lange by the end of the week.

Pears is bad but at times our defenders didn't do enough to protect their goalkeepers. He has improved his kicking and shot stopping but gets muscled out and is easily bullied, and therefore lacks the presence needed. Hopefully de Lange is an improvement over Wahlstedt but the highlight reel wasn't too reassuring in that sense. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

I know for certain most will disagree but I don't think Pears is anywhere near as bad as people make out sometimes.

Over a full season i 100% don't want him as my first choice keeper, because over that period of time he will make too many mistakes. For the sake of potentially a few games though he's an OK understudy. 

His time as understudy was somehow even worse.

He needs binning off completely. Liability and stealing a living.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Not wanting to de-rail the thread as we get ourselves excited at the prospect of signing a new keeper, however, as I had a few nice messages & likes, I just thought I'd post to let everyone know that we picked the dog up from the vets yesterday & she seems absolutely fine now.

We think she may have had a reaction to either being stung/bitten or eaten something in the garden which she shouldn't have.

Thanks once again for the previous likes & replies. 

Happy to hear it. I don't know what I would have done without my dog since my parents passed away.  He's been great company for me.

My dog was stung on his lip a few years ago. He would whimper every now and again.  Then we took him to emergency vet where they put him under anaesthesia.  She found a tiny sting hole in his lip. He got better

• Like 2

Don’t think it’s a coincidence we struggled so much last year without a top goalkeeper compared to the two seasons before. We also struggled pre-kaminski. I think a top goal keeper can earn 12-15 points a season. I feel like there was a spell at the turn of the year where it felt like every defensive set piece we were going to concede. What were we doing? As much as JDT did a decent job and wasn’t supported, that spell was an utter disgrace. His toys had well and truly been thrown from the pram.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, KentExile said:

Dolan apparently has not ruled out signing a new contract, and wants to be Rovers talisman this season

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24495732.ty-dolan-replacing-szmodics-blackburn-love-future/

Personally would be very surprised if he is still here next season (25/26).  If he has a similar output as previous seasons, then I cant see Rovers offering him a contract on a decent enough wage to keep him, and if he has a fantastic start to the season, then Rovers wont be able to offer a good enough contract to keep him amid competition at the end of his contract.  So for me, there is a very narrow "sweet spot" which will see Dolan still be here in a years time.

I think Dolan suited that pressing 10 role tbh and we need to secure his future here long term. I would be offering him 15k a week on 4 year contract. 

18 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

The manager talked openly about Szmodics situation on Friday mentioning this weekend as being important. Szmods absent from the training ground too. Plus a few Ipswich accounts seeming a lot more confident…

Us being linked by legit internal and external sources to a €2m permanent signing means we’re confident of some cash.

My guess - Szmodics will go through early this week and De Lange by the end of the week.

I agree. Szmodics must be close to be being done. He wasn't at training given comments on here. De Lange will get done this week. then just need us needing another 3/4 signings to get done. 

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Is that based on the HowardRV7 twitter account, which is a mirror of Mercer's posts?

If so, that account has predicted that the deal was to be completed within 24 hours on a number of occasions throughout the summer. Just ignore it.

Obviously it will probably will come true at some point, but they are just repeatedly saying it knowing at some point they can likely say they were right.

Mercer has said its not him. 

I think pears is a capable shot stopper and has shown he can keep us in games. The problem is his lack of a footballing brain and knowing where to be positionally. When to come for the ball and when to stay. Knowing when to catch the ball and when to parry it. Unfortunately that's not the sort of instinct that can be taught.

And with such an old looking back line next season and judging off Eustace's style we saw last season. We can be expected to be sat back for long periods of games next season. And having a dependable keeper will be key to that. I'm not going to pretend to know anything about this Dutch lad but let's hope he's upto it.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Happy to hear it. I don't know what I would have done without my dog since my parents passed away.  He's been great company for me.

My dog was stung on his lip a few years ago. He would whimper every now and again.  Then we took him to emergency vet where they put him under anaesthesia.  She found a tiny sting hole in his lip. He got better

Oh most definitely. They seem to know when you need cheering up & when you just want to be left alone.

With regard to emergency vets, all I can say is thank god for pet insurance!!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Is that based on the HowardRV7 twitter account, which is a mirror of Mercer's posts?

If so, that account has predicted that the deal was to be completed within 24 hours on a number of occasions throughout the summer. Just ignore it.

Obviously it will probably will come true at some point, but they are just repeatedly saying it knowing at some point they can likely say they were right.

He's been right a fair few times around injuries and some signings in the past.

And definitely not Mercer - completely different grammar.

6 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I imagine they will be, I can't think that anything is close with Ryo.

Yeh I agree... I don't think it's as close as the JDL signing... I'm pretty sure we are just at the "showing interest" stage 

13 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

He's been right a fair few times around injuries and some signings in the past.

And definitely not Mercer - completely different grammar.

Whoever it is. They have repeatedly predicted that Szmodics will leave within 24 hours throughout the summer. Suppose at some stage they will likely be right, stopped clocks and all that.

45 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I actually took Eustace's comments the other way as meaning it was important the situation was resolved quickly either way and that it was time for Ipswich to piss or get off the pot.

I also read a piece in the Ipswich local press with Mckenna inferring that the two Clubs were still miles apart in terms of a valuation and he was playing it down saying thar SS was only one of a number of targets they were chasing etc etc

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I actually took Eustace's comments the other way as meaning it was important the situation was resolved quickly either way and that it was time for Ipswich to piss or get off the pot.

I also read a piece in the Ipswich local press with Mckenna inferring that the two Clubs were still miles apart in terms of a valuation and he was playing it down saying thar SS was only one of a number of targets they were chasing etc etc

It wasn’t McKenna inferring the clubs were  miles apart on valuation, it was the Ipswich Star journo. 

But you’d imagine the journo got it from somewhere reliable. 

So if it’s not imminent, and SS isn’t training, then maybe his toys are on the floor?

51 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think Dolan suited that pressing 10 role tbh and we need to secure his future here long term. I would be offering him 15k a week on 4 year contract. 

I agree with you,  If Rovers can afford to offer what Dolan wants (obviously within reason and wage scales etc) then I would hope that they would do so.

I just foresee another Brereton-Diaz situation. 

Club wont offer what Dolan wants because he at the moment they either cannot afford (or do not think Dolan is worth) the wage that he wants.  But as we saw with BBD, things can change very quickly, and a fast start to the season for him and there is no way Rovers will be able to offer a wage that would keep him here.

I hope I am wrong

Edited by KentExile

Realistically Sammie isn't going to refuse to train, he'll want to hit the ground running in the prem and it doesn't look like the club is actually blocking any moves, just doing a bit of haggling. 

If he's not on the training pitch he'll be doing indoors fitness work or something.

1 hour ago, Torgeir said:

JDT's decision to leave Kaminski out of the team after his injury is possibly the most puzzling thing he did under his spell here. Probably cost us the play-off spot. Does Friedel have a son?

We needed money and he was it so he was being eased towards the door i'm amazed anyone couldn't see it. Pears was doing ok, TK was dejected and Luton were alerted so once that process began he was always on his way.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AspRover said:

Realistically Sammie isn't going to refuse to train, he'll want to hit the ground running in the prem and it doesn't look like the club is actually blocking any moves, just doing a bit of haggling. 

If he's not on the training pitch he'll be doing indoors fitness work or something.

I suppose it depends if SS and his reps agree with the price Rovers are asking. 

1 hour ago, Forever Blue said:

Duncan Maguire in talks with QPR according to twitter

Pleased for the player on a personal level if he gets a gig at a similar level after the way we messed him about.

Then to cap it all off we rubbed salt in the wound by promising to go back in for him this summer, and of course we didn't.

1 hour ago, Danny O.Brien said:

I think pears is a capable shot stopper and has shown he can keep us in games. The problem is his lack of a footballing brain and knowing where to be positionally. When to come for the ball and when to stay. Knowing when to catch the ball and when to parry it. Unfortunately that's not the sort of instinct that can be taught.

And with such an old looking back line next season and judging off Eustace's style we saw last season. We can be expected to be sat back for long periods of games next season. And having a dependable keeper will be key to that. I'm not going to pretend to know anything about this Dutch lad but let's hope he's upto it.

I think Pears is a horrific shot stopper, and the stats for xG last season show that. He gets beat from any angle

• Like 5