BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

12 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

One to keep an eye on- Todd cantwell as ss replacement 

Pretty lazy scouting if true - we were linked heavily with him 12 months ago.

Also is he not a completely different kind of player to SS?

• Like 1

• Backroom
44 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

I was at Wigan when Pears let those three goals in, I honestly thought he would never play again for us

Then again at Plymouth away. 

So it’s your fault!

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont think we will sign a Szmodics replacement. It seens like Dolan is being primed to play there.

Seems happy. Sign the contract. Up your performances and consistency and it's win/win all round. Got the work rate to make it happen

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Reports seem to suggest we haven't even agreed a fee so until we do it won't be getting any closer either.

I still don't see a Universe in which we're paying £2m for a keeper in the current situation myself.

I reckon the fee, will be around 1 mill to 1.5mill for JDL

Screenshot_2024-08-05-15-24-17-07_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

3 hours ago, MB Rover said:

I think Pears is a horrific shot stopper, and the stats for xG last season show that. He gets beat from any angle

I meant more so the spectacular shots from long range. Then it comes in from a corner and he flaps.

1 hour ago, CambridgeRover said:

I was at Wigan when Pears let those three goals in, I honestly thought he would never play again for us

Then again at Plymouth away. 

Pears is only playing, because we just dont have anybody better. Paying any fee for a replacement keeper, needs to be somebody that is better than him, and that will start immediately... We have to get this replacement keeper right, or it's going to be a long season again 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Iceman said:

I reckon the fee, will be around 1 mill to 1.5mill for JDL

Screenshot_2024-08-05-15-24-17-07_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

Not that it means a great deal but the author of the piece estimates a fee of £1.7m to £2.1m if my fag packet maths is correct.

Which I still can't see. Unless a very large percentage of it consists of add ons.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not that it means a great deal but the author of the piece estimates a fee of £1.7m to £2.1m if my fag packet maths is correct.

Which I still can't see. Unless a very large percentage of it consists of add ons.

Or we move SS in the next day or so, and we see Venkys bite their teeth, and hand over the funds. But like you say Rev, I don't think they will spend anything more than a million, unless there are some further add ons in the deal 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

One to keep an eye on- Todd cantwell as ss replacement 

Had an average season at Rangers last season, but an exciting player on his day and loves a bit of shithousery! 

He'll want wages way beyond our reach I fear, think he's looking at going back to Norwich.

Edited by Gav

19 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

now the begovic deal to charlton has collapsed expect us to sign him,better to spend nothing than 2 million on delange is our mantra,even though he is better than pears by a long way,it would be an unambitious move,but then again we are an unambitious club

That's my worry as well

8 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Seems Begovic is set on staying in or around London though. So hopefully he won't be signed by us 🤞

Pity, that means we're stuck with Pears for now. I would take Begovic over Pears today, that's how desperate I am lol 

• Like 2

I think we are too far down the line with de Lange, I think there’s been a change of TACT  and they probably think he’s someone who will develop and they will be able to sell on.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, FE123 said:

I think we are too far down the line with de Lange, I think there’s been a change of TACT  and they probably think he’s someone who will develop and they will be able to sell on.

So the previous plan that was planned, is once again our plan? 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Southside Rover said:

What's happened on here?

Todd Cantwell asking to leave Rangers to join Blackburn????

Dolan worth £15k a week and become one of the top earners????

Rangers want rid of Cantwell regardless, but I highly doubt we’d be able to meet his wage demands so that’s probably a none starter.

I’d give Dolan a new deal, one of the highest earners though? Absolutely not. If he isn’t going to sign a new deal you’d rather get something for him this summer than lose him for free next summer, is my view.  

2 hours ago, FE123 said:

If the quoted price is correct, and the plan is to develop him to sell on, it's not a very good plan.

Kaminski was a pretty top-end Championship keeper, and although we admittedly weakened our negotiating position by senselessly keeping him out of the team behind an inferior goalie for ages, we only got £2.5 million for him.

As far as I can see, the most a keeper moving from the Championship with no Premiership experience has cost is 5 million Euros. Karl Darlow, aged just 23, moving to Premiership Newcastle from Forest. He'll have had the 'young British player' premium though, although it was way back in 2014.

Championship WBA paid 7 million for Sam Johnstone from Manure and he hadn't played in the Prem but he'll still have had the 'big club prospect' price tag. Championship Leicester also paid about 7.7 mill Euros for Hernansen from the Danish top tier (Brondby, who presumably were playing in Europe). There are some other (lower value) examples of more than 5 mill being fetched by keepers from foreign leagues moving to the Championship, to clubs flush with parachute money, but 5 mill is the current ceiling for Championship keepers with no Prem experience, and that was for a Brit and hasn't been fetched for 10 years now.

Not to say it's not possible to get that kind of money for that profile, but it appears to be very difficult. I'd hope he's more just being looked at as someone who could be our number one for a few years and improve substantially on Pears.

Edited by bluebruce