BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

I presume Dolan is asking to join the group of top earners on circa 15k a week to sign a new deal. Tough decision for the club, give it him and look daft in a few months if he doesn’t do much? Don’t give him a new deal at that level, he starts the season well and we look daft come September…. The type of decisions a good board of directors generally get right…

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Makrover said:

Same guy as before don’t know how trustworthy he is

IMG_2158.jpeg

Transfer is imminent, but also it's not over yet. Bit contradictory there..

10 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Transfer is imminent, but also it's not over yet. Bit contradictory there..

Translate plus different use of words can only assume it means that it’s close on fee and add-ons 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Iceman said:

Pity, that means we're stuck with Pears for now. I would take Begovic over Pears today, that's how desperate I am lol 

Oh don't get me wrong id take Begovic over pears easily! 

But ideally I'd much prefer we signed someone that can sign on for a few years at least (and maybe even spend a couple of those years here before inevitably being floged as soon as his value rises or he gets fed up of this circus) 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

1 hour ago, FE123 said:

I presume Dolan is asking to join the group of top earners on circa 15k a week to sign a new deal. Tough decision for the club, give it him and look daft in a few months if he doesn’t do much? Don’t give him a new deal at that level, he starts the season well and we look daft come September…. The type of decisions a good board of directors generally get right…

I like Dolan but not on that money.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Makrover said:

IMG_2159.jpeg

This is basic football manager, give them 20m if he scores 50 league goals and calls it a day.  Or for the pros - sign a German with a 100m international appearance bonus

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Great news. We will likely not get a potentially talented keeper for the sake of 400k despite bringing in close to 30m and probably sign a veteran as back up to calamity Pears.

waiting on sammie to go now very very close we will be going back in

2 minutes ago, Makrover said:

waiting on sammie to go now very very close we will be going back in

Is it? Based on what?

And even if it is, it shouldnt matter. This summer we have brought in more than we have spent without factoring in the Wharton and Raya money. A potential long term solution to a problem position for such a small fee should be doable.

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Is it? Based on what?

And even if it is, it shouldnt matter. This summer we have brought in more than we have spent without factoring in the Wharton and Raya money. A potential long term solution to a problem position for such a small fee should be doable.

Based on the bloke that gets a lot of the transfer story’s right

1 minute ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Seems like we sell/release/loan out another of our players instead with each week that goes by without smzodics leaving

Sold two players one that wasn’t overly useful to us and the other that wanted a promise of first team football transfers have changed from a few years ago most clubs are haggling pennys because of ffp but when the money does come in would think that we are a lot more active 

1 minute ago, Makrover said:

Can’t be spending money that isn’t there yet 

4 minutes ago, Makrover said:

Sold two players one that wasn’t overly useful to us and the other that wanted a promise of first team football transfers have changed from a few years ago most clubs are haggling pennys because of ffp but when the money does come in would think that we are a lot more active 

We shouldnt be in that position where we cant buy before Szmodics goes, when a player will cost just over a million and we have received nearly 30m. 

• Like 2

Just now, roversfan99 said:

We shouldnt be in that position where we cant buy before Szmodics goes, when a player will cost just over a million and we have received nearly 30m. 

Don’t know if you’ve heard but we’ve had some financial issues and I’m pretty sure there might be a court case on in India 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 3

16 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Great news. We will likely not get a potentially talented keeper for the sake of 400k despite bringing in close to 30m and probably sign a veteran as back up to calamity Pears.

Who says it not likely we sign De Lange? 

who says we will sign a veteran keeper? 

De Lange deal will get done hopefully by weekend. It's a negotiation. Unlikely to be in for the Derby game.  

• Like 1