BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Who says it not likely we sign De Lange? 

who says we will sign a veteran keeper? 

De Lange deal will get done hopefully by weekend. It's a negotiation. Unlikely to be in for the Derby game.  

Who says it will hopefully get done?

Who says by the weekend?

Who says he’s unlikely to be in for the derby game?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Iceman said:

Pears is only playing, because we just dont have anybody better. Paying any fee for a replacement keeper, needs to be somebody that is better than him, and that will start immediately... We have to get this replacement keeper right, or it's going to be a long season again 

Isn’t every play playing because we don’t have anyone better? 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Makrover said:

Don’t know if you’ve heard but we’ve had some financial issues and I’m pretty sure there might be a court case on in India 

Again, we shouldnt be in that position either.

But they can send money over. Not that they need to as money that has come in in the last 6 months (I know we dont receive it all at once, but same with all fees) covers well over a years worth of losses.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Again, we shouldnt be in that position either.

But they can send money over. Not that they need to as money that has come in in the last 6 months (I know we dont receive it all at once, but same with all fees) covers well over a years worth of losses.

We shouldn’t but the only people that can change that are the owners anyone with a price of common sense would’ve realised that we would have a small budget going into the window we’ve made a few signings and now we’re going to sell in order to bring a few more in 

4 minutes ago, Makrover said:

We shouldn’t but the only people that can change that are the owners anyone with a price of common sense would’ve realised that we would have a small budget going into the window we’ve made a few signings and now we’re going to sell in order to bring a few more in 

Weve brought in more this summer than we have spent. Thats before the Raya and Wharton money, and even with Szmodics, if weve nearly agreed a fee, then theres no logical reason why we cant spend another 400k

My criticism is of the owners.

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Weve brought in more this summer than we have spent. Thats before the Raya and Wharton money, and even with Szmodics, if weve nearly agreed a fee, then theres no logical reason why we cant spend another 400k

We’re selling sammy the bid will come in after that and we might get a few more players 

dont get me wrong I’m not saying the owners are great and we shouldn’t be in this position at all but we are and we’re bringing in some players 

I blame the owners too btw they still stiffed us 

48 minutes ago, Makrover said:

Sold two players one that wasn’t overly useful to us and the other that wanted a promise of first team football transfers have changed from a few years ago most clubs are haggling pennys because of ffp but when the money does come in would think that we are a lot more active 

Are you chaddy in disguise? 

(genuine question) 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The Raya money is being paid in instalments when Brentford receive the money from Arsenal in instalments we get our money. 

Haven't we spend what we receive for Gallagher and Wahlstedt on Yuki and Gueye signings? 

Szmodics deal is close to agreement and it appears there is disagreement over 500k according to Nicko comments

Edited by chaddyrovers

2 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Are you chaddy in disguise? 

(genuine question) 

No but I feel as if I should take that as a compliment but just seems like logic (I know where Blackburn so that dosent really come into it) we sell then we spend that on players coming in 8.6 on players is a decent budget if we get to spend it all 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The Raya money is being paid in instalments when Brentford receive the money from Arsenal in instalments we get our money. 

Haven't we spend what we receive for Gallagher and Wahlstedt on Yuki and Gueye signings? 

All transfer fees will be paid in installments so its irrelevant. Whether its £18m in the bank to spend £3m, or £18m in the form of £6m in the bank and a debtor of £12m, to spend £1m and have a £2m creditor.

Obviously cashflow is a seperate issue, but that extra £450k is perhaps £150k up front. It shouldnt be holding things up.

On your last paragraph, my point is the fees we have spent will be more than covered by what we have recouped this summer. Gallagher was reported up to £1.6m, Gent was it £200k, and whatever for Telalovic and Wahlstedt. Gueye was £1m and Ohashi a nominal fee. With the Wharton sale, the Raya money and an inevitable Szmodics sale, there shouldnt be any hold up. Just pay £1.25m and get him in now, straight in for the Derby game instead of the clown we currently have.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Makrover said:

No but I feel as if I should take that as a compliment but just seems like logic (I know where Blackburn so that dosent really come into it) we sell then we spend that on players coming in 8.6 on players is a decent budget if we get to spend it all 

We wont.

1 hour ago, B16Rover said:

This is basic football manager, give them 20m if he scores 50 league goals and calls it a day.  Or for the pros - sign a German with a 100m international appearance bonus

Until he finds a second nationality for like Gibraltar after you've signed him.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Is it? Based on what?

And even if it is, it shouldnt matter. This summer we have brought in more than we have spent without factoring in the Wharton and Raya money. A potential long term solution to a problem position for such a small fee should be doable.

You know most of that money is being held back for running costs.

We're going to get a much clearer picture post Aug 20th - and I suspect it's not going to be a pretty one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

You know most of that money is being held back for running costs.

We're going to get a much clearer picture post Aug 20th - and I suspect it's not going to be a pretty one.

If it is a pretty one then we should see some good loanees come in towards the end of the window. 

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

All transfer fees will be paid in installments so its irrelevant. Whether its £18m in the bank to spend £3m, or £18m in the form of £6m in the bank and a debtor of £12m, to spend £1m and have a £2m creditor.

Obviously cashflow is a seperate issue, but that extra £450k is perhaps £150k up front. It shouldnt be holding things up.

On your last paragraph, my point is the fees we have spent will be more than covered by what we have recouped this summer. Gallagher was reported up to £1.6m, Gent was it £200k, and whatever for Telalovic and Wahlstedt. Gueye was £1m and Ohashi a nominal fee. With the Wharton sale, the Raya money and an inevitable Szmodics sale, there shouldnt be any hold up. Just pay £1.25m and get him in now, straight in for the Derby game instead of the clown we currently have.

of course it relevant how transfer fees are paid to us. The Wharton and Raya money is spent for me to cover the season debt of £20m. So that gone In my opinion. 

Where is this info from we only spent £1m for Gueye and nominal fee for Yuki Ohashi? 

even if De Lange signs this week, Eustace ain't going to start him against Derby. Its 3 days of training until Game day. Of Course we want to get it done and get him in as soon as possible. 

Just now, Forever Blue said:

Not sure if already posted but Nixon saying Rovers and Ipswich are £500k apart on valuation. 

Tight as cramp Suffolk bumpkins

I mentioned it to Roversfan99 just now. 

Ipswich are paying hard ball over not much. Lets hope it get done shortly 

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

of course it relevant how transfer fees are paid to us. The Wharton and Raya money is spent for me to cover the season debt of £20m. So that gone In my opinion. 

Where is this info from we only spent £1m for Gueye and nominal fee for Yuki Ohashi? 

even if De Lange signs this week, Eustace ain't going to start him against Derby. Its 3 days of training until Game day. Of Course we want to get it done and get him in as soon as possible. 

My point is, such a small difference fee relative to what we have recouped and in advance of another big fee shouldnt be a problem. Why does every single penny have to go towards the debt? Whats the difference in sticking say £25m and £24.5m towards the debt, with another £10m plus to come? How can anyone justify it? 

Those fees came from Elliott Jackson. The Belgian(?) journalist who first reported that a fee had been agreed had it as £1.25m, Jackson said £1m. Ohashi was reported as £150k (exchanged from yen) by that Japanese journalist that was reporting it. Jackson said a very small 6 figure fee.

If he played immediately after travelling 12 hours on a plane, he couldnt be any worse than Pears, surely. Unless its Wahlstedt.

24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Always an excuse for not spending what we bring in, isn't there?

It used to be that we needed to sell before we spend. We did that. Then you used the old excuse of FFP rules preventing it and meaning we had to use the cash towards running costs.

Then the last few windows have utterly destroyed using FFP as an excuse you have adopted the 'we only receive it in gradual instalments' line. Whether we do or not the same could apply to incoming signings so it is as broad as it is long. Also nothing stopping our great owners from stumping the cash up in advance to enable spending and them later recouping it from future instalments.

I'm intrigued by your default determination to avoid just accepting the truth that they are now funding the club through asset sales.

And no, the two cash signings made are likely well short of even the money received for Gallagher, Wahlstedt and Telalovic. The fee for the Japanese signing has been widely reported as very low.

• Like 4

My point is, such a small difference fee relative to what we have recouped and in advance of another big fee shouldnt be a problem. Why does every single penny have to go towards the debt? Whats the difference in sticking say £25m and £24.5m towards the debt, with another £10m plus to come? How can anyone justify it? 

I totally understand what you are saying but we aren't in the chair doing the negotiations, Then on the other side we are playing hardball with Ipswich over the fee and terms of the fee for Szmodics. Why don't Ipswich just agree to the 500k just like you want to commit to the extra 450k for De Lange. The Szmodics money would allow us to bring in De Lange and Dembele(Who Nicko is saying Eustace wants him at Rovers). Then the rest will be loans for me. 

Those fees came from Elliott Jackson. The Belgian(?) journalist who first reported that a fee had been agreed had it as £1.25m, Jackson said £1m. Ohashi was reported as £150k (exchanged from yen) by that Japanese journalist that was reporting it. Jackson said a very small 6 figure fee.

Ok thanks. 

If he played immediately after travelling 12 hours on a plane, he couldnt be any worse than Pears, surely. Unless its Wahlstedt.

Its Monday night now so any fee agreement will be tomorrow, then booked a flight and medical so its Thursday at the earliest before this deal get done. Eustace ain't picking him for Derby game