BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I totally understand what you are saying but we aren't in the chair doing the negotiations, Then on the other side we are playing hardball with Ipswich over the fee and terms of the fee for Szmodics. Why don't Ipswich just agree to the 500k just like you want to commit to the extra 450k for De Lange. The Szmodics money would allow us to bring in De Lange and Dembele(Who Nicko is saying Eustace wants him at Rovers). Then the rest will be loans for me. 

Ok thanks. 

Its Monday night now so any fee agreement will be tomorrow, then booked a flight and medical so its Thursday at the earliest before this deal get done. Eustace ain't picking him for Derby game

Even if we bought those 2, off the back of £40m+ brought in, over 2 years worth of losses, and even allowing for the self inflicted financial issues, then its a poor do.

I though we had moved on to the strange alternative of a 29 year old Japanese striker.

I know thats what Eustace would do. Im saying that I would chuck him in straight away because Pears is rubbish.

9 minutes ago, danger19_80 said:

Tbf if we can put that £500k towards securing the Dutch keeper let's grab every penny we can

We should grab as much as we can. But sandwiched between the amounts received for Raya and Wharton, any surplus that we have received this summer and an inevitable Szmodics sale soon, whether its this week or at any point this month, we should be able to pay an extra £450k now.

8 minutes ago, Makrover said:

And then the rest on other targets 

At most, less than half will be reinvested.

6 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Always an excuse for not spending what we bring in, isn't there?

It used to be that we needed to sell before we spend. We did that. Then you used the old excuse of FFP rules preventing it and meaning we had to use the cash towards running costs.

Then the last few windows have utterly destroyed using FFP as an excuse you have adopted the 'we only receive it in gradual instalments' line. Whether we do or not the same could apply to incoming signings so it is as broad as it is long. Also nothing stopping our great owners from stumping the cash up in advance to enable spending and them later recouping it from future instalments.

I'm intrigued by your default determination to avoid just accepting the truth that they are now funding the club through asset sales.

And no, the two cash signings made are likely well short of even the money received for Gallagher, Wahlstedt and Telalovic. The fee for the Japanese signing has been widely reported as very low.

Great post. We are probably going to be in a position where 2 years worth of losses are covered by the profit made in the last 6 months. That is well beyond even the requirements of having to be totally self sufficient in the last year.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We should grab as much as we can. But sandwiched between the amounts received for Raya and Wharton, any surplus that we have received this summer and an inevitable Szmodics sale soon, whether its this week or at any point this month, we should be able to pay an extra £450k now.

At most, less than half will be reinvested.

Great post. We are probably going to be in a position where 2 years worth of losses are covered by the profit made in the last 6 months. That is well beyond even the requirements of having to be totally self sufficient in the last year.

Think we might be able to spend 7 

if we can get a lb,cm,winger, the other Japanese lad and possibly rb cover with I few loans I’m happy with that 

Just now, Makrover said:

Think we might be able to spend 7 

if we can get a lb,cm,winger, the other Japanese lad and possibly rb cover with I few loans I’m happy with that 

Do you genuinely think we will spend £7m and are you suggesting that we buy 5 or 6 plus loans on top? 

I think everyone would be happy with that and considering our needs and the money we have made in 6 months, it shouldnt be unrealistic. But it is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Do you genuinely think we will spend £7m and are you suggesting that we buy 5 or 6 plus loans on top? 

I think everyone would be happy with that and considering our needs and the money we have made in 6 months, it shouldnt be unrealistic. But it is.

5-6 including loans 

I find it amazing people thinking deals are done, just odd twitter sources. Until they are holding up a blue and white shirt at Brockhall, doing a club interview I don't believe a word of it. We've been mugged off by Venkys too many times for that!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Makrover said:

IMG_2159.jpeg

You'd hope the clubs will be able to settle in the middle there, at about 1 million. It's only a bit more than we got for Wahlstedt. It would be like paying about 200k to (you'd think substantially) upgrade Wahlstedt.

If we're sure he's the right guy we should at least be willing to go to 1 mill. If we physically don't have it, well firstly I'd be surprised because we are talking about 3 or 4 more players...make it just 3 then and pay it. But still, we could try a more realistic version of what some jokingly said, the ole' FM trick of offering a substantial international bonus. He played for Netherlands up to U20 level so it's not outside the realms...albeit unlikely through playing in the Championship, but something like another million for an international cap, and maybe fill that 200k-400k gap with 'after 50 appearances' or something to let us kick the can down the road. Maybe those exact terms won't tempt them, but the point is you can get creative with the finances to get something over the line if you don't have the money yet or you're unsure he'll be enough of a success to warrant it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Butty said:

Rangers want rid of Cantwell regardless, but I highly doubt we’d be able to meet his wage demands so that’s probably a none starter.

I’d give Dolan a new deal, one of the highest earners though? Absolutely not. If he isn’t going to sign a new deal you’d rather get something for him this summer than lose him for free next summer, is my view.  

Todd Cantwell asked to leave. I watched the press conference where Clement left the media room but came back in a few mins later to say he had asked to leave.

Rangers gave him a few weeks to reconsider. I'm biased and see the potential in our great club but I doubt he would drop Rangers to come here.

43 minutes ago, BRFC4EVA said:

I find it amazing people thinking deals are done, just odd twitter sources. Until they are holding up a blue and white shirt at Brockhall, doing a club interview I don't believe a word of it. We've been mugged off by Venkys too many times for that!

I'll believe it when they run out on the pitch in a game after the transfer window has closed.

One way of understanding who we might sign or the profile of player is to look at  the shape we play in possession:

Pears

Carter.   Hyam.   Pickering

Brittain.      Trav.   Sonny.       Hedges

JRC.                  Dolan

Gueye

This explains lots of things, like why we’re looking for a Lcb and not a Lb specifically to cover Pickering.

My feeling is that they’re looking to fill a gk (as reported) a Lcb/Lb, and inject some pace in the wide area on the left. We need a  CM regardless of Travis situation.

I also think Dembele and Ryo Germain are being lined up in those AM positions..

GK - New / Pears / Hilton

Rcb - Carter / Hyam / Batth / O’riordan

CB - Hyam / Batth / McFadz

Lcb - Pickering / McFadz / New

RM - Brittain / Duru / JRC / Weimann

CM - Trav / Sonny / Buckley / JRC / New (for 2x spots)

LM - Hedges / Siggy / New / Weimann

AM - Dolan / Siggy / JRC / Weimann / Ohashi / New (for two spots)

ST - Gueye / Ohashi / Mafoumbi / Leonard / Tyjon

I make that 5x signings before the window shuts and I think we could sell Hyam and Siggy and still cope just fine if we signed the players above. 

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, BRFC4EVA said:

Im amazed you've learnt nothing from Jan, McGuire did all of this and still didn't become a Rovers player. 

dont believe anything until they've played in the famous blue n white

8 hours ago, yankfan said:

Isn’t every play playing because we don’t have anyone better? 

Sure, but with what money can we find players, that are better than what we have currently playing? Not with Venkys, that's for sure. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Im amazed you've learnt nothing from Jan, McGuire did all of this and still didn't become a Rovers player. 

dont believe anything until they've played in the famous blue n white

I am awaiting the day when  Rovers end up with a points deduction for fielding an ineligible player because they did this and it turns out that they didn't complete the players registration 😉 

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, bluebruce said:

You'd hope the clubs will be able to settle in the middle there, at about 1 million. It's only a bit more than we got for Wahlstedt. It would be like paying about 200k to (you'd think substantially) upgrade Wahlstedt.

If we're sure he's the right guy we should at least be willing to go to 1 mill. If we physically don't have it, well firstly I'd be surprised because we are talking about 3 or 4 more players...make it just 3 then and pay it. But still, we could try a more realistic version of what some jokingly said, the ole' FM trick of offering a substantial international bonus. He played for Netherlands up to U20 level so it's not outside the realms...albeit unlikely through playing in the Championship, but something like another million for an international cap, and maybe fill that 200k-400k gap with 'after 50 appearances' or something to let us kick the can down the road. Maybe those exact terms won't tempt them, but the point is you can get creative with the finances to get something over the line if you don't have the money yet or you're unsure he'll be enough of a success to warrant it.

You need to remember, that Go Ahead also needs to replace him..Finding a good goalkeeper these days for under a million isn't the easiest thing. They probably have a keeper in mind, that might cost them 1.5 mill, so they would rather want to spend 300k, rather than 700k by getting 1.2 mill from us..

We are once again "if true" haggling over 400k, when we are in desperate need to find a good quality keeper.. 

7 hours ago, Southside Rover said:

Todd Cantwell asked to leave. I watched the press conference where Clement left the media room but came back in a few mins later to say he had asked to leave.

Rangers gave him a few weeks to reconsider. I'm biased and see the potential in our great club but I doubt he would drop Rangers to come here.

Aside from him being a mercurial ratbag, he won't be considering championship teams and if he did, certainly not us. I also imagine his wage demands would be far more than we're able and willing to pay.

• Like 2

• Backroom
21 minutes ago, FE123 said:

Derby no goal keeper either… hope they don’t swoop while we penny pinch.

I had thought Mat Ryan had signed for them? They were certainly interested 

They are trying to bring one in from Sweden but not been able to so far. They have Josh Vickers, who’s never played in the championship and is generally a number 2. They are looking for a number one

• Like 1

Think it's time for Rovers to stop pissing about with SS and de Lange deals.

Reportedly, we now have differences of £500k and £400k respectively.  In the overall scheme of things, these amounts are chicken shit.  Our season kicks-off in 3 days and JE, our group and the individuals themselves need clarity and to know where they stand.  When you are so close you just find a feckin way through accepting very rarely will you get the price you want for a sale and, conversely, you end up paying a bit for a purchase.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Think it's time for Rovers to stop pissing about with SS and de Lange deals.

Reportedly, we now have differences of £500k and £400k respectively.  In the overall scheme of things, these amounts are chicken shit.  Our season kicks-off in 3 days and JE, our group and the individuals themselves need clarity and to know where they stand.  When you are so close you just find a feckin way through accepting very rarely will you get the price you want for a sale and, conversely, you end up paying a bit for a purchase.

Or Rovers could haggle for an extra day, get an extra £100K or so closer on each deal, and be able to use the money "saved" to afford an extra/slightly better loanee.

Either way at this stage, the new keeper is unlikely to be in place before registration cut off for Fridays game

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1