BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

17 minutes ago, M_B said:

If we're changing keepers every time they cock up, they're going to be in and out like a fiddler's elbow. 

That's not really the point - obviously you back a keeper, that performs at a consistently high standard, through a couple of wobbles.  Pears has made numerous clangers and proven he isn't consistently 'good'... and is still number 1.  If we sign a better keeper, he should be straight in.  There are some arguing that the shirt should be Pear's to lose.  In which case, it won't take long - first clanger and he's out! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

No one is saying we immediately accept £500k less for SS or pay £400k more for de Lange - it's a negotiation but my goodness it always seems at a snail's pace by Rovers.  Where two parties are minded to do a deal, as they are in these two transfers, then you sit down, hammer it out and get the feckin deal closed.

With SS - clearly, the lad wants to go and almost certainly wont play for us again.  Not only is this unsettling for the lad but for the group as a whole.  He needs to be out the building.

With de Lange, all protracted negotiations do is alert other potential suitors and you risk losing the player.  Who can ever forget us losing Roy Keane to United because Rovers' offices were closed on a Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snooze and you lose - it's that simple.

The Keane (and Zidane and Lewandowski) non-signings hurt even now. Has a club shot itself in the foot as many times as Rovers?

Szmodics is going come what may and cash will be available so there's no reason not to sign De Lange now. 

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

That's not really the point - obviously you back a keeper, that performs at a consistently high standard, through a couple of wobbles.  Pears has made numerous clangers and proven he isn't consistently 'good'... and is still number 1.  If we sign a better keeper, he should be straight in.  There are some arguing that the shirt should be Pear's to lose.  In which case, it won't take long - first clanger and he's out! 

He's a strange one Pears. When the chips were down at Leeds away he was great!

• Like 1

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

So is this old news? 

I'm confused, he said De Lange was very very close a few days ago, now he's changed his tune?

He hasn't changed his tune.

We are still in for Lange trying to agree a fee.We enquired about Rushworth a couple of weeks ago ,before the bid for  Lange 

• Moderation Lead
2 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

So is this old news? 

I'm confused, he said De Lange was very very close a few days ago, now he's changed his tune?

You must be new to Alan Nixon....

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

And if we do want Rushworth, Sheffield United and his old club Swansea will be far more likely, so that wont happen.

We have probably just enquired about Rushworth as he has been loaned out for several seasons now and isn't anywhere near the Brighton first team.

4 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

We have probably just enquired about Rushworth as he has been loaned out for several seasons now and isn't anywhere near the Brighton first team.

Seems that way. But still seems very scattergun, young keepers on loan, pensioners on frees and bidding for ones in between. 

I dont have the most confidence but I just hope we get De Lange, well a player that matches that criteria.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Seems that way. But still seems very scattergun, young keepers on loan, pensioners on frees and bidding for ones in between. 

I dont have the most confidence but I just hope we get De Lange, well a player that matches that criteria.

Shouldn't be too difficult to find someone better than Pears but we should probably not expect another Kaminski either. It depends a little on what Eustace wants to emphasise as well; a sweeping keeper that can pass or a good shot stopper that can't. The full package would cost a lot more than £1m, which seems to be our budget for that position. 

I've said it before but the big question is what happens if Venky's are successful in their court case. Will we see a marquee signing towards the end of the winow? A couple of 'big' loans from the Premier League? Suddenly we can go from relegation candidates to outside contenders for promotion - just hope we're able to play with a little more freedom again now that we don't have our backs to the wall.

24 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Not sure it’s as complicated as everyone is making out. They have obviously identified a keeper as an area they need to strengthen. We had no money so were looking at loan and free options. Szmodics money looked like it was coming in so identified a more long term solution. Obviously Szmodics money hasn’t come in so they are stalling. 

just to be clear it’s a farce we can’t get to 1.2m for a keeper we need with the money brought in without having to make another 10m selling our best player. 

• Like 3

I didnt go to the stockport game, but I am only commenting from what I saw on the rovers highlights. Looks like we played alright but missed a hatful of easy chances. I get the feeling gueye is a bit of a jason Roberts, great around the pitch, but useless in front of goal when it matters. Also painful to see nobody else take chances. If their is a god looking down on us and szmods stays, I can see him getting another 30 goals playing off of Gueye. From those highlights he looked a good player around the pitch, I just think he requires a goal snatcher off him. BUT we all know friendlies are not much to look at, we won the premier league without winning a friendly if i remember correctly!

We need a couple players in with an eye for goal desperately! 

Wish the season was another month away 😂

Edited by ruggles1995

10 minutes ago, Galgaterover10 said:

Not sure it’s as complicated as everyone is making out. They have obviously identified a keeper as an area they need to strengthen. We had no money so were looking at loan and free options. Szmodics money looked like it was coming in so identified a more long term solution. Obviously Szmodics money hasn’t come in so they are stalling. 

just to be clear it’s a farce we can’t get to 1.2m for a keeper we need with the money brought in without having to make another 10m selling our best player. 

The club were haggling over £500 for the quotation to power wash and spruce up the Blackburn end. It very nearly went to a Manchester firm, instead of a more local one, whose company had bought a corporate season ticket.

In the end the local form got it, but only after they had cancelled their application for the corporate and were begged to reinstate it, on the understanding that they would be given the job. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

So have we moved on from De Lange for the sake of a few hundred grand to try and borrow someone?

There’s no concrete information on either side. We’ve probably got multiple enquiries in for players and it wouldn’t surprise me if the Rushworth loan enquiry came before we bid for De Lange. When those get leaked is not on the club…it’s fair to say, most of them come from the players side.

The strongest plausible link we have from the UK and in Holland is that we’re negotiating for JDL. Let’s see how that pans out 👍🏼

59 minutes ago, 47er said:

He's a strange one Pears. When the chips were down at Leeds away he was great!

No he wasn't. He was still palming shots back into the danger area - Leeds just didn't capitalize.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Tells you what they think of Pears.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lraC said:

The club were haggling over £500 for the quotation to power wash and spruce up the Blackburn end. It very nearly went to a Manchester firm, instead of a more local one, whose company had bought a corporate season ticket.

In the end the local form got it, but only after they had cancelled their application for the corporate and were begged to reinstate it, on the understanding that they would be given the job. 

You just couldn't make it up!

Imbecilic understanding and behaviour.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, rog of the rovers said:

..............Without wanting to sidetrack the thread (this is the most active on the forum at present) but has Neil Yardley left the club? Not heard him on any of the interviews with the new signings, or post match bits at Stockport. Just wondering..

No, Neil is still here & it's hard for me to imagine he'll ever leave.........a true Rovers lifer.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ruggles1995 said:

I didnt go to the stockport game, but I am only commenting from what I saw on the rovers highlights. Looks like we played alright but missed a hatful of easy chances. I get the feeling gueye is a bit of a jason Roberts, great around the pitch, but useless in front of goal when it matters. Also painful to see nobody else take chances. If their is a god looking down on us and szmods stays, I can see him getting another 30 goals playing off of Gueye. From those highlights he looked a good player around the pitch, I just think he requires a goal snatcher off him. BUT we all know friendlies are not much to look at, we won the premier league without winning a friendly if i remember correctly!

We need a couple players in with an eye for goal desperately! 

Wish the season was another month away 😂

We definitely need a poacher a la Dack or Szmodics that can pop up in the right positions and have a decent conversation rate. I don't know who in our current squad that has the potential but possibly Ohashi or JRC if he works on his composure. Can't wait to see Gueye in action but your description seems in line with the highlight reel so could be better if he gets more aerial crosses instead as he's a good finisher with his head.

This is pie in the sky stuff but if Gueye lacks the technical side and has an over abundance of the physical, then Markanday may be a complimentary player.  Say what you want physically (in fairness I thought he did toughen up a bit) he can certainly strike a ball well. 

• Like 2