BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

1 minute ago, RoversClitheroe said:

This is jokes - Alan acting like De Lange is off to Rovers.

Feels like a battle of the In the Knows! 

WHO WILL BE RIGHT??

Nixon will have seen that tweet and just presumed it was Rovers he was heading too.

• Like 6

Could potentially have been sold on for a lot more in the future. And all to save a few buttons.

Still no first choice keeper and we're a couple of days from the opening fixture.

Waggott and Suhail out.

• Like 1

I might be wrong in saying it was Nixon but didn't somebody post a tweet from one of the ITK's telling us that if Szmodics hadn't left by August 31st he wouldn't be doing so.

D'oh! Sorry it should have been July 31st.

Edited by arbitro
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Valconite said:

So de Lange wanted to come here instead of Ajax because he didn’t want to be second choice. Now supposedly going to Marseille to be second choice because these fools dragged it on over pennies.

Well done everyone involved. Incompetent fools.

If that’s truly the case then there may be time to change his mind if we stump up the money (we won’t). 

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

I might be wrong in saying it was Nixon but didn't somebody post a tweet from one of the ITK's telling us that if Szmodics hadn't left by August 31st he wouldn't be doing so.

He's too busy making YouTube videos

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Is that not deadline day in general?

52 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Can't make it up.

Miss out on the GK you really want because you can't find neutral ground in a week of negotiations over £400,000 difference when you've made (or will make) £40m on outgoings in 6months - or 0.01% of your net income.

Waggott and Suhail out.

Venkys are the problem. Pointing fingers at the admittedly useless stooges doesnt look at the main point which is the lack of funds.

14 minutes ago, J*B said:

As I said on the latest BRFCS podcast (available here for your audio pleasure), the 'six signings in a week' has turned the 'deadline day generation' into thinking this window is a success. Lets be clear: its four signings (plus one U23 player and one contract renewal) and two returning loans (Buckley, Travis) with outgoings from January of:

Sam Gallagher

Semir Telalovic

Leo Wahlstedt
John Fleck

Jake Garrett

A. Wharton
Niall Ennis

Yasin Ayari
Andrew Moran
Ben Chrisene

Billy Koumetio

Whether these 11 players where any good or not is beside the point. Tony Mowbray, Jon Dahl Tomasson and John Eustace have ALL said the squad is stretched. All of these players need replacing with either educated, well thought our recruitment or established Championship players. 

The idea that we've had a good window or improved the squad is nonsensical. You cannot just keep removing first team players and promoting youth.

I dont get why you are looking at it by comparing players from a poor squad last year and want to just replace.

This whole idea of replacing what we had last year is bizarre. It shouldnt be based on who we had last year, Koumetio and Fleck played 17 league minutes between them. But as you touch on, last year our squad was not sufficient, it was imbalanced and lacking in areas. But it shouldnt be ins v out.

It should be, what positions looking forward do we need to build a sufficiently deep and balanced squad. 

• Moderation Lead
56 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Reports de Lange in Marseille for medical.

Feckin sh1te Rovers.

I mean, I don’t think we were gonna be competing with Marseille tbh, as shite as we are at getting transfers done!

• Like 3

'Better having someone than no-one'

Most of those who departed at the end of last season weren't great (Unlikely to be with our budgets) but at least they were here as options to turn to.

Now who do we turn to when the inevitable injuries and suspensions come?

As predicted, we pissed around over the sake of a few hundred thousand, relative to the millions that have and will be received its a nominal amount to potentially fix a problem position and we have missed out. People still naively who trust the club under this ownership suggested a lack of patience. More fool them.

No doubt we will sign a veteran to "compete" with Pears and it will continue to be a position that costs us points.

We badly need not only a keeper but players in general for the longer term. Not of interest to Venkys.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, arbitro said:

You were right the first time - we'll sell him on August 31st. 

"Didn't have time to bring anyone in".

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I mean, I don’t think we were gonna be competing with Marseille tbh, as shite as we are at getting transfers done!

But this has been bubbling along for days.  Deal should have been closed well before Marseille made their move.

There simply aren't any excuses - IMO, yet again, an indefensible cock-up.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Yeah that was another Nixon special.

• Like 3

For all the gamers, Ewood Park is meant to be in the new FIFA.  I wonder if the scan is good enough to get the algae growing on the perimeter 

Edited by B16Rover
The cheek of auto correct not capitalising Ewood Park
  • Like 5

17 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

The difference would have been first team football.