BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

2 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Can't make it up.

Miss out on the GK you really want because you can't find neutral ground in a week of negotiations over £400,000 difference when you've made (or will make) £40m on outgoings in 6months - or 0.01% of your net income.

Waggott and Suhail out.

Agree with your post but your maths are off. 400k is 1% of 40 mill, not 0.01%.

6 hours ago, RoversSG said:

This was not what you were saying in Jan. In Jan, you were going on about how we were keeping the Wharton money for the summer transfer window and how it's better to keep our powder dry than overspend. Nothing about FFP then.

We all hope this would be the case. Nothing wrong with having some hope and belief

@roversfan99, I don't agree Pears is crap at all, He has shown at time he can be steady enough keeper making very good saves like his 2 displays at Leeds and Leicester but the problem you get the mistakes from him like Ipswich at home or Sheffield Wednesday mistake. That is why we need a good solid reliable keeper signing this summer. its very disappointed we have missed on De Lange signing here, I hoping we have another keeper lined up who fits the bill for what I want from my number 1 keeper. 

On my point about the owners not willing the full debt every season and throwing the money covering the losses. I don't know what their level of interest but for the past seasons until the last one they cover the money. Just imagine if that was yourself, would you keep throwing money at the club each and every season or look to reduced the money putting in by using some of the funds received to cover those debts. I know where we are regarding FFP rules thanks Mate. 

On it being 4 or 6 signing point, We signed 6 players in 2 days and whether you want to nit picking and one was under 21 player and 1 was contract extension, do it really matters? 

On us reinvesting some of the money we received in this summer, I agree and we have seen that with Gueye and Yuki plus hoping with a keeper, winger with pace and centre midfielder being cash permanent transfers with a loan left back and winger on loan. I would be expect in terms of numbers cos then you got around 25 players in the squad. 

23 days left of the transfer window left. We need 4 or 5 signings more in plus we need to sell or loan players like Markanday or Batty or Hilton. Plus sorting out Szmodics whether he is staying or going. For me, Its needs to sorting this week/early next week. I'm expecting it to be busy time for us until end of the window 

• Downvote 10

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

@roversfan99, I don't agree Pears is crap at all, He has shown at time he can be steady enough keeper making very good saves like his 2 displays at Leeds and Leicester but the problem you get the mistakes from him like Ipswich at home or Sheffield Wednesday mistake. That is why we need a good solid reliable keeper signing this summer. its very disappointed we have missed on De Lange signing here, I hoping we have another keeper lined up who fits the bill for what I want from my number 1 keeper. 

On my point about the owners not willing the full debt every season and throwing the money covering the losses. I don't know what their level of interest but for the past seasons until the last one they cover the money. Just imagine if that was yourself, would you keep throwing money at the club each and every season or look to reduced the money putting in by using some of the funds received to cover those debts. I know where we are regarding FFP rules thanks Mate. 

On it being 4 or 6 signing point, We signed 6 players in 2 days and whether you want to nit picking and one was under 21 player and 1 was contract extension, do it really matters? 

On us reinvesting some of the money we received in this summer, I agree and we have seen that with Gueye and Yuki plus hoping with a keeper, winger with pace and centre midfielder being cash permanent transfers with a loan left back and winger on loan. I would be expect in terms of numbers cos then you got around 25 players in the squad. 

23 days left of the transfer window left. We need 4 or 5 signings more in plus we need to sell or loan players like Markanday or Batty or Hilton. Plus sorting out Szmodics whether he is staying or going. For me, Its needs to sorting this week/early next week. I'm expecting it to be busy time for us until end of the window 

I can't grasp how anyone can empathise with the cunts that own us.

Their level of interest is clear. None in the health of the club on the pitch and everything

Owning a Championship football club means that you will lose some money. If thats not something you will do, sell. But in the last year they have gone well beyond offsetting losses. And it now leaves us with no real gold to sell going forward. You have to invest to try and then profit which can then be offset against losses.

Previous losses werent a result of any ambition.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

Aaron Connolly, suggested by many, signing for Galway. Think that shows that no decent team wanted to touch him. Reputation preceded him it seems

Wow. He has fallen quickly 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ricky said:

Even after the season ended he was still spouting on about us spending £7m this summer. 

can't wait the company line excuse he comes out with

Edited by ABBEY

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I can't grasp how anyone can empathise with the cunts that own us.

Its not about empathise with the owners at all but looking at the finances involvement. 

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Owning a Championship football club means that you will lose some money. If thats not something you will do, sell. But in the last year they have gone well beyond offsetting losses. And it now leaves us with no real gold to sell going forward. You have to invest to try and then profit which can then be offset against losses.

I don't agree about Championship football clubs will always lose money and would you keep funding their losses each and every season?  Guess its easy when it is someone else money you are playing with. 

We have seen invest this summer and hopefully more to come in terms of permanent signings which are cash buys. Plus a couple of loans players. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You can sense the growing frustration from Eustace.

You can sense he is getting frustration over the Szmodics thing and I think he would have like a keeper and pacey winger in by now by his comments today. I think we are understand that and are all similar. Its would have been great to get De Lange or another similar in by now. Same with the pacey winger

1 minute ago, MarkBRFC said:

Eustace has today said to the media we need 5 players.

GK, Full back, Midfield, 2 forwards who can play across the front line.

That's right. keeper is need, left back, centre midfielder and then 2 wingers. 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its not about empathise with the owners at all but looking at the finances involvement. 

I don't agree about Championship football clubs will always lose money and would you keep funding their losses each and every season?  Guess its easy when it is someone else money you are playing with. 

We have seen invest this summer and hopefully more to come in terms of permanent signings which are cash buys. Plus a couple of loans players. 

Yes. If I was willing to continue to own a Championship club, then I would have to accept that losses are par for the course.

If I didnt, I would look to sell.

You are empathising but have regularly shown that you dont understand what empathy is.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Agree with your post but your maths are off. 400k is 1% of 40 mill, not 0.01%.

Oops 🙈. Fingers didn't type what the mind wanted. 

There are obviously plenty of goalkeepers out there, but still, you've missed out on your potentially season defining GK upgrade for 1% compared to what you've brought in.

All eyes fully on Pears this Friday.

• Like 1

Can’t believe we are tiptoeing towards our first game without a keeper being brought in. Having those two towards the end of last season was what gave me the absolute fear of we were getting relegated. Thought eustace couldn’t wait till the summer to get that position sorted. Without doubt we were the weakest in the league in that position. Yet somehow we are going in even weaker as we have sold one and not replaced. Absolutely crazy

• Like 3

I’m not sure how or why Eustace is surprised/frustrated. When offered the job he surely did his due diligence on how rovers are run etc if he didn’t that’s on him but I’m pretty sure he would have. He then has accepted the job knowing the history of the owners history of the recruitment team (now changed) history of waggott the venkys court case. He would have known

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Yes. If I was willing to continue to own a Championship club, then I would have to accept that losses are par for the course.

If I didnt, I would look to sell.

You are empathising but have regularly shown that you dont understand what empathy is.

I have shown plenty of empathy on here thanks Roversfan99, your problem is just not over what you would have liked. That's the real problem from yourself. 

19 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Eustace has today said to the media we need 5 players.

GK, Full back, Midfield, 2 forwards who can play across the front line.

And that they all have to make us better and not be here to "make up the numbers/for the sake of it".

Good luck with that one!

Sorry John, you need to wise up. Not gonna happen. 

We, as fans have put up with this shite for 14 years. 

Guess you also have been lied to.

Wow, now that’s a surprise… Who’d have though that?

• Like 6