BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

I don't understand this speech that some how the owners are pocketing the cash rather than repaying the debt we owe to them. Haven't they pumped in over 100m into the club? Not defending as I am as frustrated as the next person with regards to putting cash into the club, but so far we have no buyers, we have no one interested, the club is almost worthless due to its debt unless the owners wipe the debt off. 
I can see why they don't want to put cash in, until after the court case is over as well, and rather annoyingly once more. Anyone saying I am defending them, get on your bike it isn't at all the case, as they are the worst owners we have ever had. However, to say they are suddenly making money off us is ridiculous as well. 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 8

I really like Sammie, and his efforts last season were Herculean. We are a mess and I don't blame him one bit, at his stage of his career, for wanting out to the Prem.

I really wanted him to be able to leave on good terms. Club makes a fair offer because he is quality, we all move on. Thanks to Sammie for his efforts, and for a change I get to have a quality player leave the club and not feel bitter about it.

I really hope he's not forcing the club's hand to sell him cheap by refusing or expressing his reluctance to train and play. I credited him with more than that. It will be sad if I end up resenting the way he left.

It's also not helpful for whichever club he ends up at, or the player himself, if he hasn't had a proper preseason. All it achieves is bringing his price down.

5 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Eustace appears like he has no backbone.

How have you not picked a captain yet.

I would assume that the more obvious choices are the ones the club is trying to sell, so he is hedging his bets for as long as possible 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Eustace appears like he has no backbone.

How have you not picked a captain yet.

How do you know he hasn't picked a captain yet? I'm not aware of many clubs making a formal announcement of their captains

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I really like Sammie, and his efforts last season were Herculean. We are a mess and I don't blame him one bit, at his stage of his career, for wanting out to the Prem.

I really wanted him to be able to leave on good terms. Club makes a fair offer because he is quality, we all move on. Thanks to Sammie for his efforts, and for a change I get to have a quality player leave the club and not feel bitter about it.

I really hope he's not forcing the club's hand to sell him cheap by refusing or expressing his reluctance to train and play. I credited him with more than that. It will be sad if I end up resenting the way he left.

It's also not helpful for whichever club he ends up at, or the player himself, if he hasn't had a proper preseason. All it achieves is bringing his price down.

I would put decent money on it being a club decision rather than Sammies

3 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

I don't understand this speech that some how the owners are pocketing the cash rather than repaying the debt we owe to them. Haven't they pumped in over 100m into the club? Not defending as I am as frustrated as the next person with regards to putting cash into the club, but so far we have no buyers, we have no one interested, the club is almost worthless due to its debt unless the owners wipe the debt off. 
I can see why they don't want to put cash in, until after the court case is over as well, and rather annoyingly once more. Anyone saying I am defending them, get on your bike it isn't at all the case, as they are the worst owners we have ever had. However, to say they are suddenly making money off us is ridiculous as well. 

The debt is as high as it is because of the owners! The owners don't get a free pass from me because they have spunked millions up a wall with unnecessary expenditure putting the future of the club at stake. They are the cause and the solution but they are not covering the costs they have incurred thus they are pocketing the cash to cover themselves

• Like 4

Just now, bluebruce said:

I don't understand why you don't understand it.

Our situation, including the mountain of money they've squandered, is wholly and entirely the fault of Venkys themselves. They've also ruined our club, distressed and divided the fanbase, and we're supposed to be alright with them sucking money back out of the club? Fuck no. It's not ok they're not funding us anymore either. If they can't send money to us, they're less than useless, they're a serious liability (even when they do send money they're a liability). It was the only thing they had going for them. In ALL other ways, and I do mean all, they damage the club constantly.

As for buyers, they've been persistent in refusing to even talk to interested bidders who could take on the burden (actually a privilege) of running this great club. Instead they've kept building the debt mountain whilst not letting the club function normally.

Shit or get off the pot Venkys. You cunts.

You have a lot of anger without reading or taking the time to understand things aren't always black and white. Once more in my comments i said they are the worst owners, once again i said we need new owners. This is the problem of actually have a conversation today. You have to be one side or another, which I am on the Venky's Out Team. However, I am not deluded in believing that some how Blackburn Rovers have become a money making machine. Yes the club is poorly managed, yes we have lots Milllions upon Millions of pounds through miss management. However, to some how think they are making a profit off us over the course of the 10+ years they have had us is delusional.

1 minute ago, Spankus Munky said:

The debt is as high as it is because of the owners! The owners don't get a free pass from me because they have spunked millions up a wall with unnecessary expenditure putting the future of the club at stake. They are the cause and the solution but they are not covering the costs they have incurred thus they are pocketing the cash to cover themselves

Exactly what i Said, All i said was responding to those mentioning some how they are stealing the money away to make a profit,.......Mad, people really don't take the time to read....

• Moderation Lead
22 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Why would we play a player who has missed most of pre season with the squad? Pretty silly 

Because we’re paying him and he’s vastly superior to anyone else in the squad?

3 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

You have a lot of anger without reading or taking the time to understand things aren't always black and white. Once more in my comments i said they are the worst owners, once again i said we need new owners. This is the problem of actually have a conversation today. You have to be one side or another, which I am on the Venky's Out Team. However, I am not deluded in believing that some how Blackburn Rovers have become a money making machine. Yes the club is poorly managed, yes we have lots Milllions upon Millions of pounds through miss management. However, to some how think they are making a profit off us over the course of the 10+ years they have had us is delusional.

I wonder why I have a lot of anger? I read every word. Not agreeing with it doesn't mean I don't understand it.

In fact you're the one who hasn't read/understood my post. As that anger isn't directed towards you. I made one comment that I don't get why you don't get it, then I explained it. Fuck Venkys isn't fuck roverstdt.

I think it's also fair to say I'm one of the more balanced posters on here. But Venkys are an unmitigated disaster. The one thing they had in their favour, sending money to cover losses, is gone. There's really no middle ground to be had on this one. As you yourself tacitly acknowledge by saying they're the worst owners. Whether they're pocketing the money (which no, I don't believe, but by not sending the money which they allegedly can with a bond, in essence it's similar, but I don't believe the sales end up in India, but are being held in reserve here because Venkys might never send us another penny) or just using it to avoid any input, it simply isn't alright.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Because we’re paying him and he’s vastly superior to anyone else in the squad?

So just to be clear you start play a player who isn’t match fit hasn’t trained with squad in weeks and has had no pre season games in the very first game of the season (high injury risk)? Thank Christ you aren’t a manager 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

Exactly what i Said, All i said was responding to those mentioning some how they are stealing the money away to make a profit,.......Mad, people really don't take the time to read....

Taking £30+ million from player sales while reinvesting minimal amounts and using it to cover the running costs of the club (that they are responsible for, btw) is pocketing the cash as they don't cover it themselves. That £30m should be coming from them, are they raking in millions in cash from the club via sales to spend in India? No but has anyone said they are? They essentially get all the benefits of owning an English Football Club, while spending nothing for the privilage and running us into the ground as a consequence.

Edited by Spankus Munky
  • Like 1

typical swag/venkydom

when it looks like the seasons transfers are begining to look promising,along comes the the usual bout of incompetence and stupidity,p*****g off ipswich,sammie and eustace in one drop

miss out on a decent goalkeeper because you won`t pay the asking price and now having to start with a useless one

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

typical swag/venkydom

when it looks like the seasons transfers are begining to look promising,along comes the the usual bout of incompetence and stupidity,p*****g off ipswich,sammie and eustace in one drop

miss out on a decent goalkeeper because you won`t pay the asking price and now having to start with a useless one

Well isn’t that why Ipswich haven’t got Sammie yet they won’t meet the asking price? We can’t as fans give off to Ipswich saying pay the fee or move on and in the same breathe complain that we haven’t met a valuation go ahead eagles set so a target goes 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

4 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Well isn’t that why Ipswich haven’t got Sammie yet they won’t meet the asking price? We can’t as fans give off to Ipswich saying pay the fee or move on and in the same breathe complain that we haven’t met a valuation go ahead eagles set so a target goes 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

sensible  negotiation and a compromise might solve the problem,given our past history of performance when it comes to dealing with out going players it`s blindingly obvious we are the ones at fault,we either value them at a stupidly high price or give them away for nothing🙂

8 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

sensible  negotiation and a compromise might solve the problem,given our past history of performance when it comes to dealing with out going players it`s blindingly obvious we are the ones at fault,we either value them at a stupidly high price or give them away for nothing🙂

Have to disagree with this particular one based on reports. No way we should be accepting 6mill plus add ons rightly rejected 8mill plus add ons rightly rejected imo. We value the upfront money for Sammie if reports are correct around 10mill I don’t think that’s unfair and to me Ipswich are trying to low ball us. Point being clubs have a valuation of a player go ahead eagles and ourselves were off by x amount and Marseille paid the full asking price it’s that simple 

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

I would put decent money on it being a club decision rather than Sammies

He will be fit but not match fit, he's that sort of professional.

They have tried playing hardball with Sammie and with just one suiter it's not worked out. Take the money and run, Damage is done, player has his heart set at premier league and we could end up losing the deal if they walk with Szmodics mentality up in the air as well

• Downvote 3