BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Talk that Newcastle are back in for Trafford if that happens unfortunately for us they probably will loan Ruddy out 

If that happens, then never have I seen a more contrast change on a transfer position my life…A Dutch star on a permanent in exchange for, literally, an old man.

You can just see Ruddy coming here and it just screams relegation/desperation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, London blue said:

We have not seen investment this summer. 

Not to be pedantic, but every bit of spend is investment. Regardless of how we feel, unless we own the club then the proceeds of sales are the property of Venky’s. If they sanction any spend then it’s investment and no business is mandated to do this.

That said, I think the club has used this to swindle fans into thinking the tap might get turned back on when addressing the current court case, they keep referring to Venkys ability to fund the club, which infers them plugging the £20m per year deficit with their own cash when in honesty, them selling everything that isn’t nailed down, then using the proceeds to pay the bills is in fact ‘funding’ the club 🤦🏽‍♂️

Managed. Decline.

I pray we’re put up for sale, post Aug 20th.

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, roverstdt said:

You have a lot of anger without reading or taking the time to understand things aren't always black and white. Once more in my comments i said they are the worst owners, once again i said we need new owners. This is the problem of actually have a conversation today. You have to be one side or another, which I am on the Venky's Out Team. However, I am not deluded in believing that some how Blackburn Rovers have become a money making machine. Yes the club is poorly managed, yes we have lots Milllions upon Millions of pounds through miss management. However, to some how think they are making a profit off us over the course of the 10+ years they have had us is delusional.

Let me try to tell a story:

Johnny went to a bank and loaned money to buy a business purely thinking the loan can be defaulted as bad debt. Used the money ran the overseas company showing inflated loss and has stream flowing overseas. the bank realized something fishy as some purchase was personal in name of business, so authorities come in asking what is going on. Johnny starts selling the business for parts so to continue as long as possible and close the company eventually. If he's selling the company , books need to be opened, johnny and friends will be hands in cookie jar.

This is purely a work of fiction ....hope you like the story

• Like 6

2 hours ago, DE. said:

The suggestion on the Ipswich side is a bit different to here. Basically that Ipswich were given an acceptable amount for Szmodics by Rovers, that was submitted, but then we decided to ask for more. Now there's a standoff because Ipswich feels it would set a bad precedent to give in to additional demands after an agreement was verbally struck, whilst Rovers aren't budging either.

No idea if there's any truth to the above, just what Ipswich fans seem to believe. 

Bollocks 

Edited by neophox
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, phili said:

They are gambling, the case goes against them on the 20th and Ipswich will be offering £3m and not £6m.

Also Ipswich apparently offered £6m immediately with no installments.

6m for top scorer 33 goals...thats s humiliating bid...and Venkys don't like that for sure..

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Not to be pedantic, but every bit of spend is investment. Regardless of how we feel, unless we own the club then the proceeds of sales are the property of Venky’s. If they sanction any spend then it’s investment and no business is mandated to do this.

That said, I think the club has used this to swindle fans into thinking the tap might get turned back on when addressing the current court case, they keep referring to Venkys ability to fund the club, which infers them plugging the £20m per year deficit with their own cash when in honesty, them selling everything that isn’t nailed down, then using the proceeds to pay the bills is in fact ‘funding’ the club 🤦🏽‍♂️

Managed. Decline.

I pray we’re put up for sale, post Aug 20th.

I'm sorry but no, you can be literal if you like but investment would be significant outlay. By all accounts our wages have decreased and we've spent less than we brought in. That is not investment.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

If that happens, then never have I seen a more contrast change on a transfer position my life…A Dutch star on a permanent in exchange for, literally, an old man.

You can just see Ruddy coming here and it just screams relegation/desperation.

Star is pushing it a bit isn't it? 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Problem with Pears having the shirt to lose, given what he’s been like before, he’ll drop a clanger before long, it’s just a matter of time.

So, knowing that as we do, why not look for a better ‘keeper who’s less likely to make so many mistakes?

Standards are already that low down at Ewood, they shouldn’t be amongst the fan base too. Very sad indeed.

Completely agree & although this might sound controversial but personally if we are unable to bring a keeper in before Friday personally I think we should throw Hilton in for Derby & have Barnett on the Subs bench to show him not even he's undroppable agree he's made some huge saves but he's had some absolute howlers too many for my liking 

4 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Eustace has today said to the media we need 5 players.

GK, Full back, Midfield, 2 forwards who can play across the front line.

And that they all have to make us better and not be here to "make up the numbers/for the sake of it".

Good luck with that one!

Sounds all to familiar doesn't it Mark.....

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, London blue said:

I'm sorry but no, you can be literal if you like but investment would be significant outlay. By all accounts our wages have decreased and we've spent less than we brought in. That is not investment.

Mate, whether you like it or not…it’s investment.

Let’s have it right, no business need spend a penny on improvement or its success. It’s the owners right to keep every single penny. They’re £200m in, there’d be a section of people who’d probably agree with them keeping the proceeds of any sales.

So, IF they decide to spend any of THEIR money on improving the business (club) then it’s investment. Fact.

Whether it’s stakeholders (in this case, us fans) agree with the level of that investment, that’s another question.

Im just gutted that they couldn’t keep funding it for a couple of years and then reinvest most of the money we’ve generated into the squad. Really hope they’ve had enough and just fuck off.

8 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Mate, whether you like it or not…it’s investment.

Let’s have it right, no business need spend a penny on improvement or its success. It’s the owners right to keep every single penny. They’re £200m in, there’d be a section of people who’d probably agree with them keeping the proceeds of any sales.

So, IF they decide to spend any of THEIR money on improving the business (club) then it’s investment. Fact.

Whether it’s stakeholders (in this case, us fans) agree with the level of that investment, that’s another question.

Im just gutted that they couldn’t keep funding it for a couple of years and then reinvest most of the money we’ve generated into the squad. Really hope they’ve had enough and just fuck off.

The point stands that they haven't spent any of their money. They have saved money. The outlay on the new strikers is more than covered by the sales even since Wharton. 

They have not invested in their business. They've cut costs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spankus Munky said:

Taking £30+ million from player sales while reinvesting minimal amounts and using it to cover the running costs of the club (that they are responsible for, btw) is pocketing the cash as they don't cover it themselves. That £30m should be coming from them, are they raking in millions in cash from the club via sales to spend in India? No but has anyone said they are? They essentially get all the benefits of owning an English Football Club, while spending nothing for the privilage and running us into the ground as a consequence.

100 million debt is spending that is my point 

6 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

100 million debt is spending that is my point 

No it's not, it's debt. Until they write it off it's money owed by the club to another party. All they are losing out is interest on the money that would otherwise be sat in a bank

• Like 1

PSV will fuck us. Might as well forget about it and crack on with bringing a 37 or 38 year old in on a free, that has no other options. Waggott's bread and butter  👍

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

If I sold my car for £10,000, used £1,000 of that to buy an inferior/older model and banked the remaining £9,000 to use on other things at a later date then I would not claim to have invested in a new vehicle. 

I would be making cutbacks. Entirely my prerogative of course but I ought not to be credited with investing the money when the vast majority of it will never see the light of day again.

It’s possible to invest and make cut backs at the same time.

2 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

PSV will fuck us. Might as well forget about it and crack on with bringing a 37 or 38 year old in on a free, that has no other options. Waggott's bread and butter  👍

it`s not a great situation but even ruddy at his age is still better than pears,getting a decent goalkeeper was the key priority for me this summer

2 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Just appeared, so whether it’s fresh updates I’m not sure, unsure on the source also.

IMG_0076.png

Well lets hope he comes within our price range 

1 hour ago, Rover8T4 said:

They have tried playing hardball with Sammie and with just one suiter it's not worked out. Take the money and run, Damage is done, player has his heart set at premier league and we could end up losing the deal if they walk with Szmodics mentality up in the air as well

the deal needs to be done and sorted now. Its dragging on like Kaminski one last summer

• Like 1