BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

6 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

As a little poll do we feel 

More

Equally 

Less

Sorry for Eustace now mimicking the frustrations JDT very publicly made 

For me less - he would/should have knew what he was walking into it was public knowledge how much of a nitemare venkys are to work with JDT made it clear in the public eye. So JE should have known this 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

latest on PSV keeper Drommel coming to Rovers 

'Possible transfer for Drommel, PSV 'not keen on' on... | PSVFans

It’s not happening, if we weren’t forking out for De Lange then I can’t see PSV accepting anything lower…PSV don’t want to loan as we’re already aware.

Ruddy or Begovic will be our options…Awful transfers both of them. 

3 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

My Dutch isn’t great. What does it say 

Summed up That we asked for a loan and would pay his wages they said no we asked how much to buy ,Psv haven't told us how much they would sell him for 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

If that happens, then never have I seen a more contrast change on a transfer position my life…A Dutch star on a permanent in exchange for, literally, an old man.

You can just see Ruddy coming here and it just screams relegation/desperation.

Relegation is inevitable this coming  season...

It is all part of the Venky master plan .

Edited by Waggy76

16 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Personally I’m happy to see the back of Peter Jackson. What that man tried to accuse my mum of is unforgivable, bollocks to him.

...what did he try to accuse your mum of?

I should have known better to get mildly excited about the idea of even a semi competent GK being brought in to replace Calamity Pears.
De Lange was never in any danger of happening in reality, was it?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Andy said:

...what did he try to accuse your mum of?

I should have known better to get mildly excited about the idea of even a semi competent GK being brought in to replace Calamity Pears.
De Lange was never in any danger of happening in reality, was it?

No I don't think so. We tried we failed is their mantra .

If John Ruddy arrives as our no.1 or Pears isn't replaced I think we can look forward to L1 next year. It's such a vital position 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Summed up That we asked for a loan and would pay his wages they said no we asked how much to buy ,Psv haven't told us how much they would sell him for 

And it's Ajax, so they have money and aren't going to give him away. 

5 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Christ, that just shouldn't be allowed. Don't train, don't get paid. I hope it's actually hasn't trained 'much' like the other poster says, and that's because of the injury.

Wish I could get paid at work for a month of not showing up, while negotiating a raise with another company 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I can guarantee the MOTM sponsor isn't going to move the needle in the accounts. It's clearly a falling out.

Agreed. I don't think anyone, Peter Jackson included, would be complaining if the club had secured a new sponsor that was going to make a noticeable difference. 

We all know under this regime that any increase will be absolutely negligible because they simply haven't got the interest or capability to secure lucrative sponsorship.

But the timing of the announcement and tone of the statement clearly suggests this hasn't been handled well at all, and it appears a 35 year old partnership has ended on bad terms. 

I didn't think the club was in such a luxurious position but given its indifference to losing thousands of longstanding season ticket holders I doubt one sponsor will cause any concern.

• Like 6

Drommel doesnt seem to have the same positive reputation that De Lange did. Go Ahead Eagles fans all rated him highly, Ajax fans wanted him to join and he came off the back of 2 regular and positive seasons. Drommel hasnt played much and received some ridicule on social media. But he does have some credentials, hes at a good age and hes had 5 seasons prior to the last one of regular Dutch league experience at good clubs.

But if he is a main target now weve messed up De Lange, why are we pissing around trying to loan him, its not acceptable considering how small a fee would be relative to the money brought in.

The Szmodics situation is for some reason being turned into fans moaning, which some posters love to spin. Ultimately our transfer business shouldnt be reliant on him staying or going, thats the key issue. Im guessing those same posters think that Eustace is just moaning by mentioning that it needs sorted in two successive interviews.

As touched on too regarding the sponsor, if we have found a better deal then fantastic. Seemingly its the classless way its been dealt with that is an issue, but thats to be expected with our club sadly.

14 hours ago, JHRover said:

Fundamentally clubs that have brought in a fraction of the cash we have in the last 12 months are still spending substantially more than us. 

That's before we talk about wages which we really should be right down at the bottom of the league on too.

Sales like Adam Wharton and bonuses like Raya together with substantial reductions in numbers and wages SHOULD open the door to a comprehensive rebuild and refresh, investing that money in new assets that will retain or grow in value and then either launch a future promotion push or at least lead to future sales to reinvest again and on it goes.

No evidence of that happening here. No plan other than a wise move by the manager to target some experience as he knows how precarious our position is.

We haven't reinvested. We haven't even spent the Gallagher and Gent money let alone touch the Wharton and Raya dosh.

Even if we manage to survive or finish mid-table (hooray what a cause for celebration) we are soon going to run out of saleable assets.

Let us hope that when we do the owners have nowhere left to turn and this breaks them.

As much as I think Sammie is deserving of a move to a real football club, I hope the deal collapses and the club/owners run out of money and bring in the administrators.

I want rid of them at any cost. We will never achieve anything under them. Anyone that believes we will is living in a fucking dream world.

• Like 7
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Drommel doesnt seem to have the same positive reputation that De Lange did. Go Ahead Eagles fans all rated him highly, Ajax fans wanted him to join and he came off the back of 2 regular and positive seasons. Drommel hasnt played much and received some ridicule on social media. But he does have some credentials, hes at a good age and hes had 5 seasons prior to the last one of regular Dutch league experience at good clubs.

What social media posts on Drommel's performances? Care to share them? 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

What social media posts on Drommel's performances? Care to share them? 

They were on twitter underneath the initial rumours. I wouldnt be able to find them so feel free not to believe me although you have no interest in the the opinions of fans anyway.

And besides, he likely wont come here if we are pissing about with loans that PSV have no interest in. Look forward to a veteran hasbeen at the end of the window.

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

They were on twitter underneath the initial rumours. I wouldnt be able to find them so feel free not to believe me although you have no interest in the the opinions of fans anyway.

You are so quickly to believe these posts. You did the same with Gueye cos of some Spanish fans opinions. 

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

And besides, he likely wont come here if we are pissing about with loans that PSV have no interest in. Look forward to a veteran hasbeen at the end of the window.

We asked about loan for Drommel a couple of weeks ago. Nicko said that. We are looking for permanent move according to reports in Holland. 

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Spankus Munky said:

No it's not, it's debt. Until they write it off it's money owed by the club to another party. All they are losing out is interest on the money that would otherwise be sat in a bank

It is a loan that is due to the owners which today Rovers have not reimbursed. Therefore it is a considered a liability in the finance terms. Every seems to be missing the point that I am not arguing that they are right 🤣. They are totally wrong but to say they have a profit in 10 years out of This business venture by capitalise on sales now is not the case. Do I want Venkys out yes, do I think they are the worse owners in football, second to the Wimbledon fc owners and Franchise fc yes. Have Venkys taking out money from the club well from a finance point of view across the 10’years there are more liabilities than profits generated 

• Like 2