BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

10 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Match fitness is whether he's ready physically, and he's coming in from more than midway through a season in the J-League he should be.

We've done ourselves a disfavour by not making sure Szmodics is match fit, that's for sure. Wonder who is the brains behind that...

Someone who is midway through a Sunday league season wouldnt likely be up to the demands of the National League North and similarly someone from that division might not be at the fitness level required for League 2. Match fit from one league to another will differ and probably vary more the further down you from the elite divisions

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Mid way through a season which has a completely different pace and level to it. No doubt it won’t take him long but I’m pretty sure he won’t be championship match fit just yet 

I don't disagree but compared to our other senior players who have gone through pre-season he should be just as fit as he's played competitive games throughout the summer. 

Just now, Torgeir said:

I don't disagree but compared to our other senior players who have gone through pre-season he should be just as fit as he's played competitive games throughout the summer. 

He won’t be far but it’s not as simple as saying he played competitive matches it’s all dependant on level he played the pace of championship and to add to him moving across the world a new lifestyle and culture itl take time to adapt but having played will certainly put him in good shape 

1 hour ago, alex l said:

Someone who is midway through a Sunday league season wouldnt likely be up to the demands of the National League North and similarly someone from that division might not be at the fitness level required for League 2. Match fit from one league to another will differ and probably vary more the further down you from the elite divisions

My main criteria would be, who is the best player for the position tomorrow. That is wholly down to the manager.

18 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I don't understand why you don't understand it.

Our situation, including the mountain of money they've squandered, is wholly and entirely the fault of Venkys themselves. They've also ruined our club, distressed and divided the fanbase, and we're supposed to be alright with them sucking money back out of the club? Fuck no. It's not ok they're not funding us anymore either. If they can't send money to us, they're less than useless, they're a serious liability (even when they do send money they're a liability). It was the only thing they had going for them. In ALL other ways, and I do mean all, they damage the club constantly.

As for buyers, they've been persistent in refusing to even talk to interested bidders who could take on the burden (actually a privilege) of running this great club. Instead they've kept building the debt mountain whilst not letting the club function normally.

Shit or get off the pot Venkys. You cunts.

Nailed it.

And the ". You cunts." is absolutely sublime 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

There's a very tentative source on twitter linking us to Brad Collins, Coventry keeper.

He had the highest save percentage in the championship last season and was just about positive on terms of xG. But the fans don't seem to have been massively keen on him and they think their new keeper is an upgrade.

3 minutes ago, rob_of_the_rovers said:

He had the highest save percentage in the championship last season and was just about positive on terms of xG. But the fans don't seem to have been massively keen on him and they think their new keeper is an upgrade.

Suggesting it would be a loan too.

9 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Where are you seeing this?

Like i said, it's a very tentative link on twitter by a Cov fan, could be absolute nonsense. Doesn't have many followers but folk seem to believe what he has to say. Also linking Portsmouth to him too.

20 minutes ago, islander200 said:

O'Rourke talks shit 

We have Weimann ,Geuye,Ohashi , Leonard and Tyjon,agreed question marks over the quality of that group but they ain't gonna be adding another ageing players wage to that 

Coming on a free and potentially not a huge wage as his options are clearly limited. That front line currently has very little experience in it so it wouldn’t be a shock to bring in someone the manager has worked with before.

59 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

There's a very tentative source on twitter linking us to Brad Collins, Coventry keeper.

I'll keep banging the drum for Gabriel Slonina at Chelsea until he moves elsewhere. I think he may be as far as eighth on their depth chart.

Jogensen, Sanchez, Kepa (for now) and Petrovic as their top 4, plus Bettinelli as thier "English" option, add two other kids in Bergstrom and Beach - they've too many to keep Slonina.

Still only 20 years old, signed 2 years ago for £12m from Chicago Fire, and spent last year on loan in the Belgium Pro League. Exciting prospect to say the least. Loan would be 100% achievable, maybe even a creative incentive based transfer.

Alas, the word creative was used, therefore won't happen.

Chelsea have around 45-50 players, so will be sending a dozen "quality" players out on loan and should need to sell even more on the cheap.

Edited by Angry_Pirate
  • Like 7