BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

7 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Coming on a free and potentially not a huge wage as his options are clearly limited. That front line currently has very little experience in it so it wouldn’t be a shock to bring in someone the manager has worked with before.

It should be considering money is clearly incredibly tight (if not non-existent) and we're still lacking a GK, a LB and a couple of wingers.

Sorry to hijack. Coming over for the game tomorrow, looking forward to it regardless of the bs going on regarding transfers etc.

Anyway, might be a long shot, I am staying in Manchester, was wondering if anyone is headed back that way(or close enough) after the game and might be so kind as to let me join. Happy to contribute to fuel too. DM if anyone happy to do so, cheers lads.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LDRover said:

Abso bloody lutely.

Hope I'm wrong but shades of Semir already.

Since when is he showing shades of Semir? He's had 45 mins in a friendly and by the sounds of it did well.

Granted the proof will be in how he fares against Championship sides, but lets not forget that our current (for now) talisman looked completely out of his depth for half a season after joining from a League One club, and having had plenty of previous Championship experience where he'd also flattered to deceive at Posh and Bristol City.

Let's give Ohashi some support instead of bashing him before a league ball has even been kicked.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Not too sure if it's been posted already.

Ryan Kent looks likely to sign for Ipswich.

Have they moved on from Szmodics?

Think Kent is more of a winger so probably want both I'm guessing.

Ipswich will just come back in for him in the last few days of the window when we're desperate for some running costs money.

They aren't daft.

15 hours ago, roverstdt said:

It is a loan that is due to the owners which today Rovers have not reimbursed. Therefore it is a considered a liability in the finance terms. Every seems to be missing the point that I am not arguing that they are right 🤣. They are totally wrong but to say they have a profit in 10 years out of This business venture by capitalise on sales now is not the case. Do I want Venkys out yes, do I think they are the worse owners in football, second to the Wimbledon fc owners and Franchise fc yes. Have Venkys taking out money from the club well from a finance point of view across the 10’years there are more liabilities than profits generated 

hmmm ....

Guys all the money spent so far is SBI monies based on facilities that has not been called .... and the sales i don't believe going back. 

maybe i'm imagining

30 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

We are doing a great job of depreciating Szmodics' value and cornering ourselves into having to sell.

Fantastic work again Steve W!

Seems like the obvious thing is waggott is messing people about so that in the end Szmodics hands in a transfer request or dummy spits enough so that waggott can do a slimy interview in September saying we were rejecting all bids but the player asked to leave. Try and make the player look bad and not him 

4 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

There's a very tentative source on twitter linking us to Brad Collins, Coventry keeper.

this link

1 hour ago, Ghost7 said:

We are doing a great job of depreciating Szmodics' value and cornering ourselves into having to sell.

Fantastic work again Steve W!

Ipswich know our valuation and what we want. Ipswich seems to be dragging their feet and its similar to Luton chase for Kaminski and Southampton chase for Adam Armstrong

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

this link

Ipswich know our valuation and what we want. Ipswich seems to be dragging their feet and its similar to Luton chase for Kaminski and Southampton chase for Adam Armstrong

Not that it’s the guarantee off what we get that’s the problem price is set it’s just what we get now 

1 hour ago, Galgaterover10 said:

Seems like the obvious thing is waggott is messing people about so that in the end Szmodics hands in a transfer request or dummy spits enough so that waggott can do a slimy interview in September saying we were rejecting all bids but the player asked to leave. Try and make the player look bad and not him 

Eustace totally frustrated by all accounts. Talk to Waggott the Maggot John and get it sorted!!

we either overvalue players(sammie is not worth 15 million)

under value them(adam wharton basically given away at 18 million)

let them go for free,when we should have sold them(rothwell,diaz and lenihan)

when we do get a good offer for players (armstrong and rhodes) we give the manager none of it

we are definately the worst run club in the whole of profesional football

• Like 2

4 hours ago, J*B said:

I’m sure Weimann played left wing back the last two seasons.

The majority of his starts in the last two seasons didn't come at left wing back?

West brom loaned him in and they don't even play with the wing back system.He had some games for Bristol there but not the majority of his starts 

• Like 1

I blame waggot for a lot but not playing hardball with szmodics valuation, think it’s a reasonable ask for last seasons golden boot winner to get about 10 mill, yes sammy deserves his move but not at the expense of ourselves. Has to be told that should any team match his valuation then we won’t stand in his way but at the same time if they don’t he will be staying here and to get match fit. Those saying we should just fling him away are mad 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I blame waggot for a lot but not playing hardball with szmodics valuation, think it’s a reasonable ask for last seasons golden boot winner to get about 10 mill, yes sammy deserves his move but not at the expense of ourselves. Has to be told that should any team match his valuation then we won’t stand in his way but at the same time if they don’t he will be staying here and to get match fit. Those saying we should just fling him away are mad 

They have matched the evaluation but the arguments is about the guarantee of what we get now

1 minute ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

And we are well within our rights to negotiate that what use to rovers is getting say 3million over 3 years and losing your best player?

It’s over 500k of guarantee if we get it now or later not 3 mill