BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Now we will be paid a certain amount of money that is called a guarantee 

the rest we’ll be paid as an instalment a bit of the instalment has not been agreed 

we cannot agree a guarantee or instalments unless a fee(which is a whole amount has been agreed 

the argument is not about the price as a whole it’s about 500k and when we get that that is the only thing holding it all back 

6 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

It doesn’t matter you have clearly said on this forum a deal has been accepted it’s there in back and white lol my god so again il ask for the final time how can a deal be accepted (according to yourself) if the structure of the deal hasn’t? Where we open to accept negotiations based on a figure Ipswich sent absolutely but how that money is paid is the determining factor if a DEAL is accepted or not. Hope that clears it up I for you 

Please tell me why it doesn’t matter 

2 minutes ago, Makrover said:

Why doesn’t it matter 

Because it’s say it’s just about what we get now meaning…..we’re still in negotiations to accept or decline the structure of the deal my god how hard is that to understand.

Ipswich - hey rovers we want szmodics 

rovers - 10-12 million

ipswich 6 million plus add ons

rovers - no thanks

Ipswich 8 million plus add ons

rovers - no thanks

ipswich 10 million

rovers - ok let’s open discussion/negotiations

there is no acceptance of anything there at all we give a figure a minimum amount to enter talks but no agreements. The fundamental part of any deal is the structure of it which is currently h the e stumbling block therefore meaning no deal has been agreed! I cannot break it down any further than this if you want to continue to argue what you think by all means but I’m not taking up much more space on the forum back and forth with yourself when your clearly wrong

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I’d suggest it’s a dangerous game going off what folk say on twitter and Nixon as gospel btw. Nobody else has said we have anything agreed at this time , be it a supposed fee or deal. 

I used to say the same about Nixon , but this summer if Nixon says it is it almost certain to be the case.

2 hours ago, dallydally said:

Eustace totally frustrated by all accounts. Talk to Waggott the Maggot John and get it sorted!!

Surely Eustace was aware of JDT's problems and why he left.  Why did he think he would be special and have it any different.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Surely Eustace was aware of JDT's problems and why he left.  Why did he think he would be special and have it any different.

sold a lot of lies by the clubs hierarchy,he`s finding out now,is he the kind of character who will say f**k it i can`t work with these idiots???? a la jdt

• Like 1

Is this about right thus far? Obviously, still time for loans and so on.

Incoming
•    Batth (33) free
•    Barrett (22) free
•    Weimann (32) free
•    Doherty (18) 118k
•    Gueye (26) 1.8 mill
•    Ohashi (28) 1.25m

£3.17 mill

Other incoming
•    Travis (return from loan)
•    Buckley (return from loan)

Outgoing
•    Sam Gallagher (28) 1.8m
•    Leopald Wahlstedt (24) 1m
•    Telalovic (24)
•    Jake Garrett  (21) loan
•    John Fleck (32)

£2.8 mill

Other outgoing
A. Wharton
Niall Ennis
Yasin Ayari
Andrew Moran
Ben Chrisene
Billy Koumetio

So overall spend around 370k?
Plus there will presumably be savings on wages.

As to quality and whether the team is better, who knows? Time will tell.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, aletheia said:

Is this about right thus far? Obviously, still time for loans and so on.

Incoming
•    Batth (33) free
•    Barrett (22) free
•    Weimann (32) free
•    Doherty (18) 118k
•    Gueye (26) 1.8 mill
•    Ohashi (28) 1.25m

£3.17 mill

Other incoming
•    Travis (return from loan)
•    Buckley (return from loan)

Outgoing
•    Sam Gallagher (28) 1.8m
•    Leopald Wahlstedt (24) 1m
•    Telalovic (24)
•    Jake Garrett  (21) loan
•    John Fleck (32)

£2.8 mill

Other outgoing
A. Wharton
Niall Ennis
Yasin Ayari
Andrew Moran
Ben Chrisene
Billy Koumetio

So overall spend around 370k?
Plus there will presumably be savings on wages.

As to quality and whether the team is better, who knows? Time will tell.

I reckon Georgie Gent will have brought in around £200k which makes it a negligible nett spend.

Edited by arbitro
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

I used to say the same about Nixon , but this summer if Nixon says it is it almost certain to be the case.

68 right this transfer window and rarely ever wrong about rovers

21 minutes ago, Andy said:

Ohashi was a free transfer and I can't believe that we spent £1.8m on Gueye.

He wasn't free, he was 'a low six-figure fee'. No way we spent 1.8 mill on Gueye, probably about 1.25 mill based on reports. I think early reports said 1.8 mill Euros, but that figure soon shrank.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Andy said:

Ohashi was a free transfer and I can't believe that we spent £1.8m on Gueye.

it wasn't a free transfer, it was undisclosed fee as per the article on the Rovers website at the time of the announcement 

19 minutes ago, neophox said:

Wasted opportunity...been available all summer.

He lost his father Kevin Campbell so I would imagine he has been dealing with that. Can't be easy for him still

• Like 1

🙈 Waggott aiming for top half finish now, good luck to him. In an alternate universe perhaps with that squad. Beyond mental. More likely to struggle against Paul Warne’s Derby and Wayne Rooney’s Plymouth.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, OllieNO said:

🙈 Waggott aiming for top half finish now, good luck to him. In an alternate universe perhaps with that squad. Beyond mental. More likely to struggle against Paul Warne’s Derby and Wayne Rooney’s Plymouth.

I can't stomach the man so I haven't watched the interview.

Did he really say a top half finish? He's away with the fairies unless he knows of 5 quality signings lined up.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, OllieNO said:

there are most likely 3/4 teams worse than us,so we should safe,especially with our new signings and a few more,if swags target is to get in the top half then we`ll be looking for a new manager after christmas,not fair on eustace to heap that on him,it`s just not achievable with what he has to work with and who he has to work with

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

there are most likely 3/4 teams worse than us,so we should safe,especially with our new signings and a few.

Consensus odds/predictions I see have Rovers (usually bottom) competing with the 3 promoted clubs (Portsmouth, Oxford, Derby), Plymouth and Preston as the weakest 6 teams.

Gotta hope we're better (luckier?) than 3 of them.

• Like 2