BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Waggott can’t lie straight in bed so I wouldnt listen to a word he says. To be honest I wouldn’t be surprised if we didn’t make another signing. I also wouldn’t be surprised if we made 5/6 including 3/4 loans. Now the quality of those incomings if that did happen is a different conversation. 

Edited by Galgaterover10
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't think we will be in bottom 6 at all. We have too much quality to be own there. I think we will finish mid table around 13th. 

I think Derby, Portsmouth, Oxford, Preston, Swansea and Watford will be down there in the bottom 6. 

I agree, We need 4/5 players depending on whether Szmodics leaves and Sigurdsson goes which I think he just might. 

We need a keeper, left back, centre midfielder and 1 or 2 wide players with pace and power. 

So is that 5 players + replacements if both of those players leave? I.e. 7 in total?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

If Pears is our goalkeeper this year then we'll be lucky to not get relegated.

Instructions to opponents forwards if it was.me would be shoot on sight and someone always follow the shot cos Pears has about a 70-30 chance of passing it to a forward in scoring position.  His poor goalkeeping for sure affects our back line.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FE123 said:

I agree, but are there any other proven championship goal scorers in this league? I can think of a few who are likely to score 10-15 (Latte-Lath, Rutter, Sargent, Conway) but there aren’t any stand outs. Must be 18-20 clubs without a proven goal getter who are hoping someone steps up.

Leeds have others that chip in. I'm sure Gueye and Ohashi will grab a few, and JRC possibly five? Hedges four and Dolan the same... our set pieces improved towards the end of last season and we look more intimidating now, but I'm concerned about our lack of pace and inability to break teams down effectively. Hope we come out guns blazing tomorrow night though!

6 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Possibly we need more in the next few weeks of the window to convince me

the jury is also out on Eustace for me too

Eustace has proven his worth here and at Birmingham. 

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Based on what I think we need as a minimum. The squad is still very, very short. We will see tomorrow night a stretched squad despite no injures. Couple of wingers, full back on

Most should be permanent signings. The money should be there. And such a big percentage of a small squad is only contracted short term. At least 3 or 4 buys.

And no, I dont have any faith whatsoever in what we need happening. Why would I with Venkys as owners and Waggott and Suhail running the show beneath with a lovely mixture of incompetence and no money. 

I suspect if you do then youve been under a rock for 14 years.

Where are these big lack of quality in a number of areas, what areas are these? 

what positions are these 6 signings for? 

I always have faith in my club. Just like I did 2 weeks ago when I said Nicko news was positive and it was it. I'm looking forward to the season and getting back to Ewood Park tomorrow 

For me, We need a keeper, left back, centre midfielder and then 1 or 2 depending on Sigurdsson leaving and Szmodics aswell. Then I think we are done and have 24/25 players for the squad. Its gives us the depth, experience and quality we need.  

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

So is that 5 players + replacements if both of those players leave? I.e. 7 in total?

no 5 in total. 

Looking at the squad

Keeper - Pears, Hilton, New Keeper

Right back - Brittain, Duru

Centre Back - Hyam, Carter, O'Riordan, Batth, McFadzean

Left back - Pickering, new signing

Centre Midfielder - Tronstad, Travis, Buckley, New Signing

Wingers - Hedges, JRC, new signing, new signing or Sigurdsson, 

Number 10 - Dolan, Weimann

Strikers- Gueye, Yuki, Leonard, Tyjon 

that's 26 players in the squad. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I always have faith in my club. Just like I did 2 weeks ago when I said Nicko news was positive and it was it. I'm looking forward to the season and getting back to Ewood Park tomorrow 

For me, We need a keeper, left back, centre midfielder and then 1 or 2 depending on Sigurdsson leaving and Szmodics aswell. Then I think we are done and have 24/25 players for the squad. Its gives us the depth, experience and quality we need.  

Keeper, left back, right back, centre mid, 2 wingers.

I know you have faith, you keep doing the superfan rhetoric. If you have faith in the owners who ultimately in charge of everything, including budgets, and clowns like Suhail and Waggott. Which is what you are saying, because we are talking about having faith in doing what we need over the summer. Then you are genuinely beyond words. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Eustace has proven nothing of the sort. 18 games on record 4 wins (1 not in the dugout v Stoke - DJ took training and match that week) 9 points clear of relegation before he came in we stayed up on goal difference

Did he have a lot to contend with behind the scenes and off the field noise - yes absolutely 

but the stats speak for themselves so the jury is still out he’s now got a full pre season behind him so I’m intrigued to see how he gets on

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Eustace has proven nothing of the sort. 18 games on record 4 wins (1 not in the dugout v Stoke - DJ took training and match that week) 9 points clear of relegation before he came in we stayed up on goal difference

Did he have a lot to contend with behind the scenes and off the field noise - yes absolutely 

but the stats speak for themselves so the jury is still out he’s now got a full pre season behind him so I’m intrigued to see how he gets on

We didn't stay up on goal difference 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Possibly we need more in the next few weeks of the window to convince me

the jury is also out on Eustace for me too

Its a fair point on Eustace. Amidst the off the field shit show, the manager has been forgotten about.

I dont think its possible to truly be sure either way, there are signs that he can organise us better and make us harder to beat. But he literally didnt win a home game and we didnt see signs that we can attack teams with any guile. And that was with Szmodics in the team.

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

no 5 in total. 

Looking at the squad

Keeper - Pears, Hilton, New Keeper

Right back - Brittain, Duru

Centre Back - Hyam, Carter, O'Riordan, Batth, McFadzean

Left back - Pickering, new signing

Centre Midfielder - Tronstad, Travis, Buckley, New Signing

Wingers - Hedges, JRC, new signing, new signing or Sigurdsson, 

that's 26 players in the squad. 

What about depth for known injury prone players

1 minute ago, danger19_80 said:

We didn't stay up on goal difference 

Your right my bad I was thinking elsewhere regarding losing - last day victory against a hungover team 

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Keeper, left back, right back, centre mid, 2 wingers.

well at least an answer 

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I know you have faith, you keep doing the superfan rhetoric. If you have faith in the owners who ultimately in charge of everything, including budgets, and clowns like Suhail and Waggott. Which is what you are saying, because we are talking about having faith in doing what we need over the summer. Then you are genuinely beyond words. 

yet again back this utter complete nonsense about Superfan rhetoric. None of this was done, but I am looking forward to the season and getting back to Ewood Park. I take you aren't looking forward to the season starting and getting back to Ewood Park tomorrow. 

I never mentioned the owners, Waggott or Suhail in my posts. This is always your default reply. Same Shit just a different day nonsense with yourself. 

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm fairly sure you have me on ignore but here goes...

If you think these two positions have quality and depth I'm at a loss. 2 unproven strikers, an injury prone youngster and a 16 year old as a strike force.

Since when is Dolan a 10? Wiemann I like but if he's the answer I'm not entirely sure of the question.

You can add goalkeeper and RB to the list of woefully understaffed positions.

The squad as it stands is relegation fodder.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Its a fair point Eustace. Amidst the off the field shit show, the manager has been forgotten about.

I dont think its possible to truly be sure either way, there are signs that he can organise us better and make us harder to beat. But he literally didnt win a home game and we didnt see signs that we can attack teams with any guile. And that was with Szmodics in the team.

Don’t want to completely bash him as the circus behind the scenes last season was beyond laughable and add to that the players meeting with fans about the atmosphere etc it wasn’t a great place to be

having said that this narrative that Eustace kept us up I don’t quite follow we weren’t in relegation zone or within 3 games of it when he took over - granted our form was on a slippery slope but it’s being made out that we were in the relegation zone and he battled his way out that’s not how it went

I wish him well though and will properly judge him this season 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

We didn't stay on goal difference and for Eustace gets the Stoke win, he was involve in picking the team and tactics(confirmed by DJ post match) plus he was on the touchline second half when the team needed direction and leadership

Just now, Emerald Isle Rover said:

What about depth for known injury prone players

injuries will happened. That's why we need 25/26 man squad. How many more do you want? 

Just now, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Your right my bad I was thinking elsewhere regarding losing - last day victory against a hungover team 

a win is a win, Simple as. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, London blue said:

I'm fairly sure you have me on ignore but here goes...

If you think these two positions have quality and depth I'm at a loss. 2 unproven strikers, an injury prone youngster and a 16 year old as a strike force.

Since when is Dolan a 10? Wiemann I like but if he's the answer I'm not entirely sure of the question.

You can add goalkeeper and RB to the list of woefully understaffed positions.

The squad as it stands is relegation fodder.

I actually don't mind those options at those positions - I'd add Sigurdsson as a #10 too (and Markanday if they insist on keeping him).

We desperately need pace out wide on both flanks (Markanday, Dolan and Sigurdsson are crap out there), a LB (preferably a starting one, but at least a backup) and a starting GK. 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

well at least an answer 

yet again back this utter complete nonsense about Superfan rhetoric. None of this was done, but I am looking forward to the season and getting back to Ewood Park. I take you aren't looking forward to the season starting and getting back to Ewood Park tomorrow. 

I never mentioned the owners, Waggott or Suhail in my posts. This is always your default reply. Same Shit just a different day nonsense with yourself. 

My point was that I don't have faith predominantly owners releasing the funds required, and also the idiots running the show, to deliver the required additional signings to give us the squad we need. In terms of what we need now and also in terms of adding players who can contribute beyond this season.

You dismissed that point, and then went off on a tangent.

Which is why I asked and will ask again, simply and clearly. Do you have faith in the owners providing the required funds to Suhail and Waggott to then oversee the signings of the quality and quantity we require to fulfill the objectives set out?

I know you are looking forward to the season at Ewood Park. It has absolutely no relevant to the point I am making though and the question I have asked. I have outlined the question above, yes or no will do.

1 minute ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Don’t want to completely bash him as the circus behind the scenes last season was beyond laughable and add to that the players meeting with fans about the atmosphere etc it wasn’t a great place to be

having said that this narrative that Eustace kept us up I don’t quite follow we weren’t in relegation zone or within 3 games of it when he took over - granted our form was on a slippery slope but it’s being made out that we were in the relegation zone and he battled his way out that’s not how it went

Yes I agree that a narrative was spun that he saved the day when it wasnt really like that. An inability to win at home at all and a poor points per game tally meant that results werent great. As you say though, it is difficult to judge but the jury is certainly out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I actually don't mind those options at those positions - I'd add Sigurdsson as a #10 too (and Markanday if they insist on keeping him).

We desperately need pace out wide on both flanks (Markanday, Dolan and Sigurdsson are crap out there), a LB (preferably a starting one, but at least a backup) and a starting GK. 

I hold out hope that Siggy can realise his potential but im fairly sure Markanday isn't up to it at this level.

Relying on players like Duru and Tyjon as anything more than luxury subs when we're winning is asking for trouble if you ask me.

Just now, London blue said:

I hold out hope that Siggy can realise his potential but im fairly sure Markanday isn't up to it at this level.

Relying on players like Duru and Tyjon as anything more than luxury subs when we're winning is asking for trouble if you ask me.

Players like Duru and Tyjon should be seen as bonuses should they emerge this season. Not as guaranteed to come through because they may not be ready, no senior football and both very young, especially Tyjon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

I suppose it depends if you think we were going down under Tomasson,and how much damage he'd left behind. 

I'd say that we were only going in one direction playing Tomasson's way. Eustace came in fairly late in the day and had to change the style completely.

In the end, that style kept us up. 

33 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Instructions to opponents forwards if it was.me would be shoot on sight and someone always follow the shot cos Pears has about a 70-30 chance of passing it to a forward in scoring position.  His poor goalkeeping for sure affects our back line.

Just a slow gentle pass to feet will do it. Pears will take care of smashing it into the back of his own net for them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Players like Duru and Tyjon should be seen as bonuses should they emerge this season. Not as guaranteed to come through because they may not be ready, no senior football and both very young, especially Tyjon.

That's why they're way down in the pecking order. Duru would probably be 4th choice RB (after Brittain, Carter, JRC - and hell maybe Travis). Tyjon similar. 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We didn't stay on goal difference and for Eustace gets the Stoke win, he was involve in picking the team and tactics(confirmed by DJ post match) plus he was on the touchline second half when the team needed direction and leadership

injuries will happened. That's why we need 25/26 man squad. How many more do you want? 

a win is a win, Simple as. 

Yes Iv corrected myself re goal difference I got that wrong - the Stoke game Iv added to his stats 

4 wins in 18 league games

1 win in 8 league games at ewood 

heaviest defeat of the season away to Bristol 

Leeds and Sunderland excellent results 

Leicester game needs context but as a rovers fan I don’t care as we stayed up - but when analysing you don’t just look at the win the context and scenario is required 

The narrative that he did this immense job is simply false 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, M_B said:

I suppose it depends if you think we were going down under Tomasson,and how much damage he'd left behind. 

I'd say that we were only going in one direction playing Tomasson's way. Eustace came in fairly late in the day and had to change the style completely.

In the end, that style kept us up. 

See I look at it differently (again probably not JE fault as it’s his way boards fault for selecting him)

from playing open possession based football to go to complete opposite to me at the time was madness

did we need a change in manager absolutely JDT had burnt all bridges had to go but we needed a manager who could shore up the defence whilst still have the attacking threat we last season under JE didn’t have that

so I think his selection near relegated is due to his style - matter of opinion of course thankfully we did stay up and il reserve judgement on his season starting tomorrow 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

See I look at it differently (again probably not JE fault as it’s his way boards fault for selecting him)

from playing open possession based football to go to complete opposite to me at the time was madness

did we need a change in manager absolutely JDT had burnt all bridges had to go but we needed a manager who could shore up the defence whilst still have the attacking threat we last season under JE didn’t have that

so I think his selection near relegated is due to his style - matter of opinion of course thankfully we did stay up and il reserve judgement on his season starting tomorrow 

We'd sold our only CM capable of playing that way.

• Like 1