BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

My point was that I don't have faith predominantly owners releasing the funds required, and also the idiots running the show, to deliver the required additional signings to give us the squad we need. In terms of what we need now and also in terms of adding players who can contribute beyond this season.

You dismissed that point, and then went off on a tangent.

Which is why I asked and will ask again, simply and clearly. Do you have faith in the owners providing the required funds to Suhail and Waggott to then oversee the signings of the quality and quantity we require to fulfill the objectives set out?

You will see in the next 21 days whether we have brought in the required quality and what we need to fulfil our season objectives. I am hopefully we will bring what Eustace wants in terms of signings and I hope we sign 2 or 3 permanent with 2 or 3 loans signings. 

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I know you are looking forward to the season at Ewood Park. It has absolutely no relevant to the point I am making though and the question I have asked. I have outlined the question above, yes or no will do.

You can't even say whether you are going tomorrow or whether you are looking forward to the season. No answer yet again

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Players like Duru and Tyjon should be seen as bonuses should they emerge this season. Not as guaranteed to come through because they may not be ready, no senior football and both very young, especially Tyjon.

why should they been? if they are good enough then they good enough. 

With your attitude to our good young players, very few would ever make it here if you were in no charge. thank god you were in charge of the class of 92 players cos they would have never got their chance with you

16 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Yes Iv corrected myself re goal difference I got that wrong - the Stoke game Iv added to his stats 

4 wins in 18 league games

1 win in 8 league games at ewood 

heaviest defeat of the season away to Bristol 

Leeds and Sunderland excellent results 

Leicester game needs context but as a rovers fan I don’t care as we stayed up - but when analysing you don’t just look at the win the context and scenario is required 

The narrative that he did this immense job is simply false 

I never said he did an immense job but I think he did the job that was required and kept us up. Now I want to see us kick on and have a good season with mid table finish 

14 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

See I look at it differently (again probably not JE fault as it’s his way boards fault for selecting him)

from playing open possession based football to go to complete opposite to me at the time was madness

did we need a change in manager absolutely JDT had burnt all bridges had to go but we needed a manager who could shore up the defence whilst still have the attacking threat we last season under JE didn’t have that

so I think his selection near relegated is due to his style - matter of opinion of course thankfully we did stay up and il reserve judgement on his season starting tomorrow 

To be fair, that's an excellent point just raised by Exiled Rover. 

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I never said he did an immense job but I think he did the job that was required and kept us up. Now I want to see us kick on and have a good season with mid table finish 

You're a waggot sympathiser, nobody should ever listen to you again. Sorry, however you are a disgrace for backing the regime in place, which you have 

Edited by AAK
  • Like 2
  • Downvote 2

15 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

See I look at it differently (again probably not JE fault as it’s his way boards fault for selecting him)

from playing open possession based football to go to complete opposite to me at the time was madness

did we need a change in manager absolutely JDT had burnt all bridges had to go but we needed a manager who could shore up the defence whilst still have the attacking threat we last season under JE didn’t have that

so I think his selection near relegated is due to his style - matter of opinion of course thankfully we did stay up and il reserve judgement on his season starting tomorrow 

Agree with this and the jury is very much still out on JE.

However, what worries me more is what shambles will follow him, now we're back in the hands of people who thought that Duncan Ferguson and Owen Coyle were the best men for the job at those respective times.

We have no Broughton to pull a JDT out of his arse anymore.

The right 4 of 5 loans could literally get almost any Championship team promoted.

Emiliano Martinez, Dean Henderson, Reece James, Fikayo Tomori, Ben White, Marc Guehi, Nathan Ake, Levi Colwill, Tosin Adarabioyo, Jan Paul Van Hecke, Mason Mount, Morgan Gibbs-White, Conor Gallagher, Emile Smith Rowe, Harvey Barnes, Amad Diallo, Harvey Elliott, Tammy Abraham, Harry Kane... the list is almost endless.

All listed above played and succeeded in the Championship since we've been down here. Rovers have had maybe 4 excellent loans in 12 years.

Two or three of the calibre listed above - in the same season - anything is possible. Look at the squad Villa got promoted with, and the one Derby had pushing.

Hell Rudy Gestede, Josh King, Tom Cairney, Harrison Reed, Harwood Bellis are all a level of loan that (with help) can propel you into the top 10.

Rovers don't seem shy to "pay" for loans (Poveda, Tosin etc), they just seem to happy to take the extremely raw players who offer little.

Edited by Angry_Pirate
*Harry Kane may have been the year we got relegated.
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

no 5 in total. 

Looking at the squad

Keeper - Pears, Hilton, New Keeper

Right back - Brittain, Duru

Centre Back - Hyam, Carter, O'Riordan, Batth, McFadzean

Left back - Pickering, new signing

Centre Midfielder - Tronstad, Travis, Buckley, New Signing

Wingers - Hedges, JRC, new signing, new signing or Sigurdsson, 

Number 10 - Dolan, Weimann

Strikers- Gueye, Yuki, Leonard, Tyjon 

that's 26 players in the squad. 

Unless those new signings are to be quality first teamers then that squad has relegation struggle written all over it.

Pears is a liability, Pickering is L1 standard, that MF is weak and those forward players are either completely unproven or bang average.

15 minutes ago, AAK said:

You're a waggot sympathiser, nobody should ever listen to you again. Sorry, however you are a disgrace for backing the regime in place, which you have 

yet again, not done any of the above, just yet again people like yourself just don't read what is write properly and what you want to read. 

I have said that I would replace Waggott as CEO and bring in a new commercial driven CEO with a footballing and commercial expertise. How much more clearer can I actually been? 

But what I have said that we want the club to communicate much better with the fan base and actually tell us what the situation actually is directly

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

no 5 in total. 

Looking at the squad

Keeper - Pears, Hilton, New Keeper

Right back - Brittain, Duru

Centre Back - Hyam, Carter, O'Riordan, Batth, McFadzean

Left back - Pickering, new signing

Centre Midfielder - Tronstad, Travis, Buckley, New Signing

Wingers - Hedges, JRC, new signing, new signing or Sigurdsson, 

Number 10 - Dolan, Weimann

Strikers- Gueye, Yuki, Leonard, Tyjon 

that's 26 players in the squad. 

I would argue that we need more than 5 signings (loan/permanent) since there´s a lack of pace not only across the entire backline but throughout the squad, something that the club hasn´t really addressed for the past few years. Think the scouting department has done a decent job in identifying targets overseas that can do a job but the team responsible for contracts/negotiations (Waggott et. al) has been abysmal (McFadzean, Cooper, Szmodics, De Lange). They may have solved the experience bit but the team is still not able to play with a high pressing line against weaker opponents due to reason stated earlier. It´s a team being set up to defend with a low block with the hope that any long ball will reach Gueye and that any of the wide forwards/midfielders pick up the scraps that comes off it. Might work against bigger teams in the league like we saw at the end of last season but they will struggle to get any results against weaker opponents who prefer a more direct approach with low block + counter-attacks. 

An even more concerning issue is that the club/owners/CEO hasn´t been transparent as to why there´s no transfer budget this window; all reports from LT suggested that there´s no longer an issue with FFP after the Wharton sale and that there would be money to spend in the summer. Is the pending court case a factor? If so, why hasn´t it been communicated to the fans? Waggott says no according to today´s interview but I find that hard to believe given the fact that we weren´t even prepared to pay 2M Euros for De Lange (no surprise that the deal got hijacked by Marseille in the end). I also find it rather unbeliveable that the Szmodics situation hasn´t been resolved for over three weeks; not only does it stop us from replacing him but it has (probably) made the player unsettled and lacking match fitness ahead of the new season. Szmodics sale is vital for the club near term; if it doesn´t get resolved within the next week or so, they´re in for real trouble. 

34 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You will see in the next 21 days whether we have brought in the required quality and what we need to fulfil our season objectives. I am hopefully we will bring what Eustace wants in terms of signings and I hope we sign 2 or 3 permanent with 2 or 3 loans signings. 

You can't even say whether you are going tomorrow or whether you are looking forward to the season. No answer yet again

why should they been? if they are good enough then they good enough. 

With your attitude to our good young players, very few would ever make it here if you were in no charge. thank god you were in charge of the class of 92 players cos they would have never got their chance with you

I know we will see in the next 21 days. I specifically said that I dont have in the staff and in particular the owners releasing the required funds to give us what we need. You then picked me up on the fact that I dont have faith as if I was being unnecessarily negative. Yet you wont even say if you THINK (not hope, think) that we will get what we need and thus have faith in the owners etc to give us what we need. 

I dont see how my attitude towards the young players is negative. I never said that they are anything other than talented. I just dont think we should expect them to come through immediately in the absence of signings, that is putting far too much pressure on them when none of us can possibly know if they are ready. They should be allowed to come through as and when they are ready.

14 minutes ago, MarkBRFC71 said:

Unless those new signings are to be quality first teamers then that squad has relegation struggle written all over it.

Pears is a liability, Pickering is L1 standard, that MF is weak and those forward players are either completely unproven or bang average.

well that's your opinion and I don't agree with yourself. 

The only way Gueye and Yuki is by playing and proven you wrong. 

I listened to some fans who watched played at Stockport and I was impressed by what I heard. I am looking forward to seeing both tomorrow night

7 minutes ago, JCRovers said:

I would argue that we need more than 5 signings (loan/permanent) since there´s a lack of pace not only across the entire backline but throughout the squad, something that the club hasn´t really addressed for the past few years. Think the scouting department has done a decent job in identifying targets overseas that can do a job but the team responsible for contracts/negotiations (Waggott et. al) has been abysmal (McFadzean, Cooper, Szmodics, De Lange). They may have solved the experience bit but the team is still not able to play with a high pressing line against weaker opponents due to reason stated earlier. It´s a team being set up to defend with a low block with the hope that any long ball will reach Gueye and that any of the wide forwards/midfielders pick up the scraps that comes off it. Might work against bigger teams in the league like we saw at the end of last season but they will struggle to get any results against weaker opponents who prefer a more direct approach with low block + counter-attacks. 

An even more concerning issue is that the club/owners/CEO hasn´t been transparent as to why there´s no transfer budget this window; all reports from LT suggested that there´s no longer an issue with FFP after the Wharton sale and that there would be money to spend in the summer. Is the pending court case a factor? If so, why hasn´t it been communicated to the fans? Waggott says no according to today´s interview but I find that hard to believe given the fact that we weren´t even prepared to pay 2M Euros for De Lange (no surprise that the deal got hijacked by Marseille in the end). I also find it rather unbeliveable that the Szmodics situation hasn´t been resolved for over three weeks; not only does it stop us from replacing him but it has (probably) made the player unsettled and lacking match fitness ahead of the new season. Szmodics sale is vital for the club near term; if it doesn´t get resolved within the next week or so, they´re in for real trouble. 

I think we are right for playing hardball with Ipswich over Szmodics. Its appears that Ipswich are dragging their feet on offering what we want in terms of fees guarantee and what is add on's 

It does need sorting quickly.  

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I listened to some fans who watched played at Stockport and I was impressed by what I heard.

That's a low bar from which to judge the team Chaddy! Meaningless really.

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I know we will see in the next 21 days. I specifically said that I dont have in the staff and in particular the owners releasing the required funds to give us what we need. You then picked me up on the fact that I dont have faith as if I was being unnecessarily negative. Yet you wont even say if you THINK (not hope, think) that we will get what we need and thus have faith in the owners etc to give us what we need. 

Sadly I don't have a crystal ball to predict what will happen, but I am hopefully we can bring in what Eustace wants and the 4/5 players he wants.  

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think we are right for playing hardball with Ipswich over Szmodics. Its appears that Ipswich are dragging their feet on offering what we want in terms of fees guarantee and what is add on's 

It does need sorting quickly.  

Problem is, we´re not in a very strong negotiation position (despite Szmodics having two years left on his contract) given our very limited transfer budget, player potentially becoming unsettled + lacking match fitness and the fact that the team urgently needs strengthening in several areas (primarily GK, LB, CM and two pacey wingers on either side). If he gets injured in training or match that rules him out for a couple of weeks or even months, are we then supposed to fill those gaps with only loanees/free transfers? What kind of a squad will you have for next season given that many of our current players only has 1 year left on their contract? The more the negotiations drags on, the bigger the risk for the club given the situation.

Only real signings so far has been Gueye and Ohashi; both unproven at Championship level but hopefully successful ones. The rest are just panic buys on a free to fill up the numbers (even if Weimann has the ability to chip in with a goal or two). 

Just now, Aqualung said:

It's not just about you though is it? 

Its about discussing our opinions on different Rovers subjects and Football related which is what we are actually doing. We aren't taking the threads off topic. 

Its posts like this that are taking threads off topic whilst we are discussing and debating our opinions on Rovers/football, which is what the messageboard/forum is for. what have we actually done wrong?

I will stop engaging in debates with chaddy if people prefer.

We are 2 of the most common posters on the messageboard and when we do debate it tends to involve lots of other posters also adding their opinions and provoking further debates and conversations, its not just the 2 of us parallel to everyone else, but if that is what people would like.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We are 2 of the most common posters on the messageboard and when we do debate it tends to involve lots of other posters also adding their opinions and provoking further debates and conversations, its not just the 2 of us parallel to everyone else, but if that is what people would like.

I second that to be honest. 

We are debating our opinions on Rovers related topics which BRFCS is here for people to do so I don't agree with not debating our opinions cos we aren't doing anything wrong but I don't want to cause any problems for Josh or other mods with other members. 

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We are discussing Rovers and football issues. This is messageboard and we are debating our opinion which is what the messageboard is for. Me and RF99 have different opinions on a range of different topics, So what is the problem? isn't what BRFCS for? 

We aren;t arguing but expressing our opinions and debating them. 

I wasn't criticising either of you. Just saying I'm amazed you both persist in these debates to the extent you do. I'm surprised either of you have the patience for it, and at times you're quite harsh in your tone towards each other, I'm kind of impressed it never devolves into an outright slanging match tbf.

I'm not telling anyone what to do, but I wouldn't have the patience for the extended discussions you have, especially since so much ground gets repeated. I do think it probably goes on a bit too much, mostly with the repetition, and you both trying to convince the other of opinions you know they'll never concur with. Sometimes it gets a little overwhelming for everyone else. But hey, it's a free forum.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I second that to be honest. 

We are debating our opinions on Rovers related topics which BRFCS is here for people to do so I don't agree with not debating our opinions cos we aren't doing anything wrong but I don't want to cause any problems for Josh or other mods with other members. 

I'm not sure why anyone is getting annoyed by it, they can always just scroll onto the next post.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, M_B said:

To be fair, that's an excellent point just raised by Exiled Rover. 

Again under JDT with a very similar team/squad he barely played Wharton for long periods in the season we came 7th. It’s about coaching obviously having certain players help but if you go back and look Wharton wasn’t an ever present in that team that missed out on goal difference.

my point really is I thought we shifted from a certain style to the polar opposite with no balance at all and for a good 6-8 weeks we really struggled with it 

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Don't you dare, this is a messageboard setup for debate, if that stops the forum stops.

Posters complaining should scroll past of go elsewhere, it’s as simple as that.

• Like 6