BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

20 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Again under JDT with a very similar team/squad he barely played Wharton for long periods in the season we came 7th. It’s about coaching obviously having certain players help but if you go back and look Wharton wasn’t an ever present in that team that missed out on goal difference.

my point really is I thought we shifted from a certain style to the polar opposite with no balance at all and for a good 6-8 weeks we really struggled with it 

We did, although it was the 3 clean sheets from the last 4 games which in the end kept us up. 

I think we can all agree, with what is going on at the moment, Eustace will have done a sterling job if he can keep us clear of trouble for this season. 

Edited by M_B

13 minutes ago, M_B said:

We did, although it was the 3 clean sheets from the last 4 games which in the end kept us up. 

I think we can all agree, with what is going on at the moment, Eustace will have done a sterling job if he can keep us clear of trouble for this season. 

Yes like I said the jury is still out but if he manages to keep us up and comfortably then il happily heap praise on him

27 minutes ago, Neal said:

Connor O'Riordan going on loan.

Strange one as we actually paid money for him and he has plenty of appearances at Crewe. A pal of mine, big Newport County fan and very knowledgeable text me when we signed this lad to say we had a good one, had watched him against County twice and said he was outstanding.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

The right 4 of 5 loans could literally get almost any Championship team promoted.

Emiliano Martinez, Dean Henderson, Reece James, Fikayo Tomori, Ben White, Marc Guehi, Nathan Ake, Levi Colwill, Tosin Adarabioyo, Jan Paul Van Hecke, Mason Mount, Morgan Gibbs-White, Conor Gallagher, Emile Smith Rowe, Harvey Barnes, Amad Diallo, Harvey Elliott, Tammy Abraham, Harry Kane... the list is almost endless.

All listed above played and succeeded in the Championship since we've been down here. Rovers have had maybe 4 excellent loans in 12 years.

Two or three of the calibre listed above - in the same season - anything is possible. Look at the squad Villa got promoted with, and the one Derby had pushing.

Hell Rudy Gestede, Josh King, Tom Cairney, Harrison Reed, Harwood Bellis are all a level of loan that (with help) can propel you into the top 10.

Rovers don't seem shy to "pay" for loans (Poveda, Tosin etc), they just seem to happy to take the extremely raw players who offer little.

What does that say, about the recruitment department, at this club over the last 12 years? 

54 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

my point really is I thought we shifted from a certain style to the polar opposite with no balance at all and for a good 6-8 weeks we really struggled with it 

We had to change playing style, formation, tactics to stop the rot but also to go back to basics. Keeping clean sheets, tough to beat, etc. 

For around the first few weeks Eustace had very little time with the players on the training ground. When he got them on the training pitch, you could see the impact of that. 

6 clean sheets in the last 10 games last season

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

We had to change playing style, formation, tactics to stop the rot but also to go back to basics. Keeping clean sheets, tough to beat, etc. 

For around the first few weeks Eustace had very little time with the players on the training ground. When he got them on the training pitch, you could see the impact of that. 

6 clean sheets in the last 10 games last season

Your missing the point I’m making entirely 

did we need to shore up absolutely but we pretty much abandoned any attacking threat in ‘most’ games

my point has always been there needed to have been a better balance and for a couple of months we simply just stopped attacking draws near sent us down

all irrelevant now but my point still stand jury is still out - no home wins and only 4 altogether

New season home game tonight against newly promoted side great chance to start well - no excuses 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Neal said:

Connor O'Riordan going on loan.

I do feel for the lad, left promotion chasing Crewe and barely played. In hindsight he should have stayed on loan with Crewe, similar to when we signed Pickering.

Hopefully he gets a decent L1 loan move and comes back a better player.

42 minutes ago, Ricky said:

The O’Riordan signing is an odd one. Looked a good one as he’d had a good number of games at Crewe and was well regarded there. Just doesn’t seem to have kicked on.

more like not given a chance.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Strange one as we actually paid money for him and he has plenty of appearances at Crewe. A pal of mine, big Newport County fan and very knowledgeable text me when we signed this lad to say we had a good one, had watched him against County twice and said he was outstanding.

I think if he’s not quite there, half a season in League One doesn’t do him any harm at all. We have four back there currently (albeit two older ones) and if we want him to be part of the side going forward, he’ll need to bridge the gap that exists, which won’t happen in the U21s and a couple of Carabao Cup games. At least in League One, he’ll be regularly testing himself against a high standard than he’s regularly played against.

Hope he makes it with us, I suspect he has something about him.

Too soon to rule out O'Riordan, just needs to be playing.

I reckon we're after a left-footed player to play on the left side along with Hedges. 'Hedgy' did well there but his body can't handle 46 games in a season.

10 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

I think if he’s not quite there, half a season in League One doesn’t do him any harm at all. We have four back there currently (albeit two older ones) and if we want him to be part of the side going forward, he’ll need to bridge the gap that exists, which won’t happen in the U21s and a couple of Carabao Cup games. At least in League One, he’ll be regularly testing himself against a high standard than he’s regularly played against.

Hope he makes it with us, I suspect he has something about him.

He has played at League 1 level before, albeit when he was 18 years old and in a Crewe side that was getting beat every week and was ultimately relegated

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/connor-oriordan/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/929715/plus/0?saison=&verein=&liga=3&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=

Agree that a loan at a League 1 club who are not whipping boys would do him good

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Where is this from?

I think that would leave us needing another CB as we would only have 3 capable of playing in a back 4.

Guessing that's the plan, getting in a left footer from somewhere that could play CB or LB.

15 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Too soon to rule out O'Riordan, just needs to be playing.

I reckon we're after a left-footed player to play on the left side along with Hedges. 'Hedgy' did well there but his body can't handle 46 games in a season.

I reckon we had a plan to sell Carter and brought in O'Riordan as the replacement, the sale just never came to fruition.

Also shows we're very much still operating as a 1 out 1 in situation.

So at a guess, O'Riordan, Batty, Markandey & Vale will all move out on loan before we can replace there positions.

3 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Also shows we're very much still operating as a 1 out 1 in situation.

So at a guess, O'Riordan, Batty, Markandey & Vale will all move out on loan before we can replace there positions.

All of those 4 will be on £5K/week or less, so would anticipate if Rovers do have to get wages off the books in order to bring more players in, then if those are the 4 out, then it will probably be 2 in

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

did we need to shore up absolutely but we pretty much abandoned any attacking threat in ‘most’ games

Yes, we were leaking goals after goals. We got well beat by QPR at home where if Sinclair Armstrong could finish he would have 5 goals for himself. 

my point has always been there needed to have been a better balance and for a couple of months we simply just stopped attacking draws near sent us down

I understand your point but Eustace focus was stopping the goals, picking up points. When he got the players on the training ground for a full week or few days you witness better attacking performance. 

all irrelevant now but my point still stand jury is still out - no home wins and only 4 altogether

Eustace has shown how we can set defensive and keep clean sheet. Now it's attacking improvement this season whilst keeping the back door shut. 

New season home game tonight against newly promoted side great chance to start well - no excuses 

Let's hope we win tonight 

• Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, KentExile said:

All of those 4 will be on £5K/week or less, so would anticipate if Rovers do have to get wages off the books in order to bring more players in, then if those are the 4 out, then it will probably be 2 in

But Steve said the wage budged has increased....

• Like 2