BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Now I want to see us kick on and have a good season with mid table finish 

Aren't you merely repeating what Waggott said in his interview yesterday?

Just shows how far the club has fallen when the height of our ambition is mid table in the Championship.  That is the resultant of 14 years under the Raos and 7 years of Waggott.

8 hours ago, Ricky said:

There’s only one thing more annoying than Chaddys constant blue tinted spectacle view of everything and that’s his constant use of the word ‘yourself’ in every post!! 

Chaddy does have an obsession or two!  Add 'pacey winger' and 'JRC's new transitional role'!

1 hour ago, Ricky said:

The O’Riordan signing is an odd one. Looked a good one as he’d had a good number of games at Crewe and was well regarded there. Just doesn’t seem to have kicked on.

Posted on here a week or so ago, heard Eustace doesn't rate him.

• Like 3

Gestede has also said we want to bring 3 (then he said 2 or 3) players in during the rest of the window.

If that is the case then we are going into the season ill prepared. Eustace has said we are short in net, at full back and in midfield. Plus he also called for a couple of pacy players down the sides. So 2 of those positions we are going to be left well short in.

Theres an easy question for Elliott Jackson and co. You said you were short in these areas yet Gestede and Waggott have mentioned 3 additions. Does this concern you that you will not get the full squad you have asked for?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Gestede has also said we want to bring 3 (then he said 2 or 3) players in during the rest of the window.

If that is the case then we are going into the season ill prepared. Eustace has said we are short in net, at full back and in midfield. Plus he also called for a couple of pacy players down the sides. So 2 of those positions we are going to be left well short in.

Theres an easy question for Elliott Jackson and co. You said you were short in these areas yet Gestede and Waggott have mentioned 3 additions. Does this concern you that you will not get the full squad you have asked for?

I suppose it depends whether that's 3 altogether...or 3 permanent plus loans.

We need way more than 3 so that would be shite. 

2-3 permanent plus 3/4 loans would cover our needs.  

Waggott also snuck that good old 'stability' word into his interview. The inference being that after the chaos and near relegation of last season they'd all be very happy indeed with a season where we do nothing but survive and don't have to be bothered with another managerial / coaching staff change.

'Stability' was a trademark of the Bowyer and Mowbray eras, both of those came after self-inflicted chaos too. Fortunately for those two they had a direct line to India (at least initially) and with that relatively good solid financial backing with which to plod to mid-table finishes every year.

I doubt Eustace is going to be afforded such luxury having not been to India and with the owners clearly no longer willing / able to put the money in.

So swap 'stability' of mid-table finishes where we were disappointed not to get into the top 6 with 'stability' of hoping to get to 50 points and it's back to the good old days.

I suspect there is nothing Waggott would love more this year than to simply scape together enough points to survive, make sure Eustace hangs around so he doesn't have to worry about finding a new manager, and sell Szmodics to make the owners happy, then we can 'go again' next summer on the road to nowhere.

Exciting times.

• Like 9

Not overly concerned by Gestede saying 2-3 players. I remember Eustace said in the early close season that we didn't need many new recruits, which had us all up in arms for a little while, he's changed his tune now of course.

I suspect he's said 2-3 more players simply because saying 'we want 5 or 6+ more players' increases expectations, which naturally puts us all on a downer if (when) it doesn't happen.

• Like 1

We had stability and they cost cutted it then got lucky with a first JDT season so what happens if stability comes under Eustace for 2 years ?

They'll cost cut it again thinking they are clever.

The one and only real chance of escaping this league upwards in over a decade in it was blown almost on purpose through clueless lack of a bit of investment.

We are such a pointless operation under these lot and by these lot i fully include Waggot and the shadow CEO as well.

• Like 1

Both Gestede and Wagggot mentioned we've signed 5 players.

This may be just me being incredibly pedantic but it's 4 signing and essentially a Contract renewal that should have been sorted at the end of last season.

It really winds me up. I don't know if it's just me but it feels like spin.

• Like 4

Not sure if anyone has noticed, but if you try to buy a shirt and the click "add personalisation" there is a list of squad numbers which appears to have been updated for this season

https://www.roverstore.co.uk/kit/2425-home-kit/adults/3595_blackburn-rovers-macron-home-shirt-202425-mens.html

Fadz 4, Weimann 14, Batth, 15, Gueye 9, no Ohashi though

RE Keepers, especially with both Waggott and Gestede saying 2/3 more signings, I did notice

Pears is 1

Hilton is 13

Barrett is 34 (which I think was Hiltons number last season)

Can we read anything into that?

Edited by KentExile

4 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Both Gestede and Wagggot mentioned we've signed 5 players.

This may be just me being incredibly pedantic but it's 4 signing and essentially a Contract renewal that should have been sorted at the end of last season.

It really winds me up. I don't know if it's just me but it feels like spin.

If they say a lie often enough it becomes truth to many, but not all.

Playbook rule1

• Like 6

The real kicker is the club haven’t even spent all the Gally/Leo/Telalovic money yet, let alone the Raya/Wharton. 

We’ve had a couple of interviews though so that’s good. After all, the comms were the biggest issue at the club for some🥹🤣

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

The real kicker is the club haven’t even spent all the Gally/Leo/Telalovic money yet, let alone the Raya/Wharton. 

We’ve had a couple of interviews though so that’s good. After all, the comms were the biggest issue at the club for some🥹🤣

All that has been achieved is to make club propaganda more readily available in video format.

And that was the priority, fucks sake.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

All that has been achieved is to make club propaganda more readily available in video format.

And that was the priority, fucks sake.

It just shows how utterly worthless these comms are. It’s just words.

I think the people who own/run the club should all be accountable to supporters, but they never will be if accountability just means giving the occasional interview where nothing of any importance is said. 

Waggott and Gestede will do the same interviews next year, and say the same things. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Aren't you merely repeating what Waggott said in his interview yesterday?

Just shows how far the club has fallen when the height of our ambition is mid table in the Championship.  That is the resultant of 14 years under the Raos and 7 years of Waggott.

Chaddy does have an obsession or two!  Add 'pacey winger' and 'JRC's new transitional role'!

No, I actually said all summer Mercer and that I would be happy with Mid table finish. 

No Mercer its not obsession but what has happened if terms of JRC new role within the team or what we need for the team in term of signing and quality

• Downvote 1