BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

18 minutes ago, KentExile said:

They tired that a couple of years ago.  Didn't work as leagues that had a window that closed later started poaching players and teams couldn't replace them

The only way it would even remotely work is if every league in Europe was open and closed at the same time.  But that wouldn't stop Saudi teams etc poaching players

Exactly for me it should be a summer window in Europe how achievable that is I’m not sure I just know having a window open 3/4 weeks into a season isn’t ideal 

3 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Exactly for me it should be a summer window in Europe how achievable that is I’m not sure I just know having a window open 3/4 weeks into a season isn’t ideal 

Would be difficult to implement, as not all Leagues have the same on/off season.  the Irish League, and at least a few Scandinavian & Eastern European leagues play more so during summer, whilst it is a winter sport for most

2 hours ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

Do any of them fill you with confidence?

Cos they don't for me.

Not overly and why I wanted a new keeper in. I'm not bothered by what shirt number he got

41 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

The window should only be open until the league starts ‘deadline day’ should have been yesterday 

its been like this years and not all leagues start at the same time as we do. Also got the transfer windows for clubs in Saudi which is different to ours. 

I understand your point and it was something that was done a few years ago but didn't work out

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, KentExile said:

They tired that a couple of years ago.  Didn't work as leagues that had a window that closed later started poaching players and teams couldn't replace them

The only way it would even remotely work is if every league in Europe was open and closed at the same time.  But that wouldn't stop Saudi teams etc poaching players

Don't understand that argument. If you can't replace a player after your own domestic window has closed - then just don't sell them.

Simples!

25 minutes ago, neophox said:

Anyone know if Szmodicz will play today?

Well Steve said he told SS that if there was one thing he wanted to see it was him lining up against Derby and we all know Steve never tells porkies so............

Probably not.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Don't understand that argument. If you can't replace a player after your own domestic window has closed - then just don't sell them.

Simples!

In theory, absolutely

I seem to recall a couple of players threatening to strike unless they were allowed their moves,  which then left their clubs deciding whether they should sell or keep a player who was threatening to go awol (which if it happened would negatively impact his future transfer value)

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes, we were leaking goals after goals. We got well beat by QPR at home where if Sinclair Armstrong could finish he would have 5 goals for himself. 

I understand your point but Eustace focus was stopping the goals, picking up points. When he got the players on the training ground for a full week or few days you witness better attacking performance. 

Eustace has shown how we can set defensive and keep clean sheet. Now it's attacking improvement this season whilst keeping the back door shut. 

Let's hope we win tonight 

not won at home under him thus far

• Like 5
  • Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

not won at home under him thus far

won his first game against Stoke, He was involved in tactics, team selections and spoke with Johnson for over 2 hours about the Stoke City game plus he was on the touchline second half organising the team and making subs with DJ. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 13

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

won his first game against Stoke, He was involved in tactics, team selections and spoke with Johnson for over 2 hours about the Stoke City game plus he was on the touchline second half organising the team and making subs with DJ. 

That's not been given to him as you've seen many times. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Used to get excited and play the "guess the new squad numbers" game with my sister. Now it's a dull as used bathwater.

Screenshot_20240809_112321_Facebook.jpg

Tin hat on but I think we actually have about the same amount of first team players before loans than last year? I assume we will still end up with the same amount of loans but then tend to come later in August.

Ignoring loans we have lost Gallagher, Adam Wharton, Scott Wharton (injury). I guess you could say Leo & Telelovic but neither were championship players 

Gained Mak, Ohashi, Baath, Fadz, Wieman. Could say Travis too...

I mean squad is still pretty poor, but I wouldn't say it is thinner in numbers than last year which is what is being bandied about.

Quality wise Id have hopes that the signings will at least mitigate the losses of Gallagher and Scott Wharton (no idea about this until we see half a dozen games).

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

For goodness sake Chaddy, give it a rest.

He was not in charge for the match - even the official Rovers' site said that.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why do you keep saying this?

The club even said at the time that he wasn't in charge for the Stoke game - https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/february/09/eustace-appointed-rovers-head-coach/

Please don't say "that's your opinion" as its quite clearly fact.

Unless your saying the club are wrong here? (Which would be a first!)

John Eustace has not won a game at Ewood Park yet.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Galgaterover10 said:

It’s funny the hate John eustace gets on here. Any prediction I’ve seen with us not in the bottom 3 the main reason given as to why we will stay up is John eustace. 

hate??????criticism yes,because some games last year were lost or drawn  because of his team shapes,there is definately less stick for him this pre season,because he`s been sold a pup by swag and the indians,it certainly won`t be his fault if we are in the bottom three with what resources he`s been given,only positive so far has been gally getting offloaded

think you need to redefine the defination of hate tbh