BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Great to start with a win 

bonus points for Eustace with the subs

travis excellent tonight 

New signings good start going to add something more/different to the team

szmodics what a guy will be sad to see him go seems to be the link for this team but can’t deny him a move to the prem 

set pieces need addressed - again

need more pace in the team 

3 points on the board let’s hope we can get the signings over the line and they can have the same impact as the ones already here 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I think we should put a cheeky bid in for De Gea if he still lives in Cheshire.

See if he wants to earn some pocket money for his kids. He doesn't even have to train or play away games - just turn up at Ewood Park once every fortnight.

Anyone But Pears. ABP.

Eustace and co want a number 1 or a challenger at least.

Board or whatever don't want to sanction that they want another development signing and think Pears is adequate and might even bring in a fee in future.

That's where they are at.

• Like 1

We deffo need a new number 1 keeper in. That's is crystal clear to see. Then we need another left back in, plus another centre midfielder and then a winger. Plus a replacement for Szmodics if he goes. I hope he stays personally cos he is the best player we got. 

Still think Sigurdsson will leave and Markanday on loan before the window ends. 

I would like us to go and get Liam Millar on loan with a view to buy. He would give us what we want wide which is pace and skills. He ain' going back to PNE cos he won't play left wing there and Ridsdale confirmed this in his interview with BBC Lancs. Plus PNE fans would hate us more for getting him. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

We deffo need a new number 1 keeper in. That's is crystal clear to see. Then we need another left back in, plus another centre midfielder and then a winger. Plus a replacement for Szmodics if he goes. I hope he stays personally cos he is the best player we got. 

I would like us to go and get Liam Millar on loan with a view to buy. He would give us what we want wide which is pace and skills. He ain' going back to PNE cos he won't play left wing there and Ridsdale confirmed this in his interview with BBC Lancs. Plus PNE fans would hate us more for getting him. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

imagine him scoring against them in their cup final🤣

45 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Eustace and co want a number 1 or a challenger at least.

Board or whatever don't want to sanction that they want another development signing and think Pears is adequate and might even bring in a fee in future.

That's where they are at.

I can't believe that for a second.

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Can add Buckley to that list. Don't think Eustace trusts him. Overlooked in pre season and didn't get on tonight. Has the quality on his day but don't think he has the work rate to be a Eustace player

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rover8T4 said:

Can add Buckley to that list. Don't think Eustace trusts him. Overlooked in pre season and didn't get on tonight. Has the quality on his day but don't think he has the work rate to be a Eustace player

Agreed. Most were busting a gut tonight and I’ve never really seen Buckley get above a canter.

I liked Siggy after his start, but I’ve only seen him go hell for leather once or twice in his time here.

Both probably squad options while we have the need for it, but Eustace said in his post-match interview that he was looking for “good characters, good lads” and I think maximum effort is a part of that.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Buckley and Sigurdsson are luxury players. They have some quality to their games, but I don't think they have the right attitude based on their efforts on the pitch. Buckley certainly hasn't progressed. I think it's time to move him on.

We cant afford to let Buckley go, he is one of only 3 central midfielders we have.

If we can get the couple of quick wide men that we need then Sigurdsson and Markanday potentially become surplus to requirements.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

I wonder if Bournemouth may try for Sammie now Solanke going Spurs. Another tinpot club but more likely to be premier league next season than Ipswich 

Think Sammie is too close to 30 for their black knight transfer policy. 

Needs in priority order

GK - Buy

Winger with Serious Pace - ??

LB cover - Loan

CM Cover - Loan

Edited by Fraserkirky

5 hours ago, Bethnal said:

QPR for £2.5m or so

2.5 million? 

He won't be going for that fee 

Wow just seen Romano and a few others saying same , I thought he would be under a million 

Edited by islander200

3 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Needs in priority order

GK - Buy

LB cover - Loan

CM Cover - Loan

I wouldn’t disagree…I watched back the match and interviews with JE and he said we needed to bring “more goals into the group.” Which felt like more than one forward / winger. Maybe add Germain Ryo to that list? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Needs in priority order

GK - Buy

LB cover - Loan

CM Cover - Loan

I just cannot back a loan.

Permanents only. Weve effectively already got 3 loans in Batth, Weimann and McFadz.

We need to be using that £30m (+£10m) warchest and buying players on 3 year deals.

Pears showed frailties again last night even with the limited amount he had to do. 2 more goals from set pieces!!!

Going forward I think we looked excellent. Gueye worked hard, held the ball and Dolan took his chance when the game was tight.

Szmodics, Ohashi and Weimann showed their additional quality when the game opened up.

JDT used to speak about needing 4 players on the pitch who can attack the ball from defensive set pieces. We had 3 when Gueye was on and 2 when he went off.

My idea of a left back we need is a Derrick Williams style, decent in the air, can fill in at left back or centre half, can’t afford to keep shipping goals from set pieces, don’t think they had a clear cut chance otherwise.

The delusion from some Ipswich fans

As we really don't know we can't jump to conclusions as to why this transfer has dragged on. It is totally boring and frustrating. If has been alluded to that Blackburn have indeed stated a price then reneged on it the authorities should step in. There definitely needs to be something done that if two sides cannot come to a solution then a board of professionals of the game come together and state a price based on age, experience in a particular league and as with forwards an average of goals scored and passes made setting up goals over say five years. You cannot as with Szmodics take one season of 30 ish goals. You only have to look at a few Town players over the years to see that in the main forwards, with exceptions like Kane and Shearer,or a Jimmy Greaves don't have season after season of being 20 goals plus

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I just cannot back a loan.

Permanents only. Weve effectively already got 3 loans in Batth, Weimann and McFadz.

We need to be using that £30m (+£10m) warchest and buying players on 3 year deals.

We definitely should sign a few players on longer term deals. No excuse not to.

We also need to be thinking longer term in general. The likes of Dolan and Hyam should be given longer deals (even allowing for the fact that neither is perfect) to increase the number of players contracted beyond this season.

But there is nothing wrong with a couple of loans on top of it. You are always dead against them but its a way of picking up quality you couldnt otherwise afford and even the top teams in the division use this market. 

Problem is, I dont trust that a reasonable amount of money will be spent. When a Championship club makes considerable money from sales, not all of the money should go back in. But a decent chunk should.

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

We definitely should sign a few players on longer term deals. No excuse not to.

We also need to be thinking longer term in general. The likes of Dolan and Hyam should be given longer deals (even allowing for the fact that neither is perfect) to increase the number of players contracted beyond this season.

But there is nothing wrong with a couple of loans on top of it. You are always dead against them but its a way of picking up quality you couldnt otherwise afford and even the top teams in the division use this market. 

Problem is, I dont trust that a reasonable amount of money will be spent. When a Championship club makes considerable money from sales, not all of the money should go back in. But a decent chunk should.

I agree with you, feel like we already have 3 loans.

Now need to back it with 4-5 perms.

For some reason I feel optimistic about this season.

Upgrade on Pears, 2 new wingers, new LB and a new CM and I think we are flying.

Losing Szmodics we need another replacement.